Trump agreed to debate Bernie!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Trump agreed to debate Bernie!
(27-05-2016 03:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  I disagree he's not playing to win and I disagree debating Sanders is any kind of win for him. Sander's platform is not the Democratic Party's platform. They want him to go away. So, Trump debating Sanders doesn't give him any points against Hillary. It only helps him if Sanders wins the nomination, which is unlikely.

I'll still believe it when I see it, but I hope it happens. I'd absolutely watch that.

Does it really matter whether Sanders is an accurate representation of the Democratic platform? Trump isn't exactly known to be a man who possesses the nuance to pay attention to the minutiae. It would be more of a procedural pivot on his part towards attacking Hillary by debating a Democratic opponent. I guarantee you he will clumsily tie Bernie to the party platform to some degree or another.

Not that I think it will help Trump in any significant way towards actually gaining an advantage over Clinton. I'm very much of the opinion he's dug himself into an inescapable demographic hole and the whole media horse racing, election polls, and debates are entertaining side shows that are independent from the contingent factors that actually decide the election.

This is just a win-win for the candidates in terms of their respective short term goals.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
27-05-2016, 10:02 AM
It matters in the sense that he's going to attack positions they don't represent his actual opposition. He scores no points for that. But, he's going to take hits that Hillary can exploit later. It could happen, but, politically, it's a very stupid thing for him to do. If he's declared the winner, so what? But, if he loses, it well haunt him to November.

My guess is his advisors talk him out of this

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-05-2016, 10:25 AM
(27-05-2016 10:02 AM)BnW Wrote:  It matters in the sense that he's going to attack positions they don't represent his actual opposition. He scores no points for that. But, he's going to take hits that Hillary can exploit later. It could happen, but, politically, it's a very stupid thing for him to do. If he's declared the winner, so what? But, if he loses, it well haunt him to November.

My guess is his advisors talk him out of this

I'm more looking at it from the perspective of free press coverage. Trump has already sacrificed smart strategizing for outlandishness, bombast, and media attention, this would be just another drop in the pool in that regard. I agree his advisers might talk him out of it, but I think it's something that he legitimately wants to do.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
27-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Maybe. I have no idea what makes him tick so no clue as to what he wants to do. I just think that, politically, it's a stupid idea.

27-05-2016, 11:38 AM
(27-05-2016 06:02 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 05:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm not, but going by your reasoning, evidently Trump himself is confusing them. Or else, he should have said "I love Hispanics!*"

*except Mexicans

Of course he knows the difference. It's just more PC to say Hispanic instead of Mexican.

What?

You just said that Trump was purposely making a distinction between Hispanics and Mexicans, because he loves Hispanics (except Mexicans). Now you're saying that he used 'Hispanics' instead of 'Mexicans' to appear more PC?

Well, is he being dishonest? Or is he pandering? Pick one and stick with it...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-05-2016, 12:09 PM
(27-05-2016 06:02 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's just more PC to say Hispanic instead of Mexican.

I thought his popularity was rooted in eschewing PC-talk ...
27-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Well fine and dandy and he already changed his mind releasing a statement that he wont do it.

But he said it on TV so that's gotta be counted on for something by the man for those chops.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-05-2016, 04:54 PM
(27-05-2016 04:21 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well fine and dandy and he already changed his mind releasing a statement that he wont do it.

Drinking Beverage

27-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Be interesting to see bernies attack trump on his policies vs hillary's attack trump on his character(which most are accusations with no evidence.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-05-2016, 05:13 PM
(27-05-2016 05:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Be interesting to see bernies attack trump on his policies vs hillary's attack trump on his character(which most are accusations with no evidence.)
Trump absolutely deserves to have his character attacked. One's character, how they carry themselves, and how they treat others are important aspects of the office.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.