Trump agreed to debate Bernie!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Trump agreed to debate Bernie!
But the good news is that ...

TRUMP SUPPORTS PLANNED PARENTHOOD!

Chosen charity ... Women's health issues.

No wait, he's changed his mind again.

And when I say "mind" ... Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-05-2016, 12:41 AM
(27-05-2016 11:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What makes you think Trump is rational?
The prevalence of this sort of stuff just reinforces the view that TTA is a liberal echo chamber with a hateful bias against conservatives and Republicans. I would vote for someone else over Trump if I was in the US as well, but come the fuck on, man.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-05-2016, 12:50 AM
(28-05-2016 12:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
The prevalence of this sort of stuff just reinforces the view that TTA is a liberal echo chamber with a hateful bias against conservatives and Republicans. I would vote for someone else over Trump if I was in the US as well, but come the fuck on, man.

What makes you think that Trump is a Conservative or a Republican.

He's a reed blowing in the wind of public opinion.

He says what he has to say (largely appeals to emotion rather than economically sound policy) to win the far-right nomination and now we are seeing the violent swing to the left to win the general election.

Kinda like KUSA's TTA persona.

Consider

Now I come to think of it, I've never seen Trump and KUSA in the same room at the same time!

Blink

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
28-05-2016, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2016 01:06 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-05-2016 12:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

The fuck any of that have to do with my question? Oh, I'm also a lifelong registered Republican. just FYI fool.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-05-2016, 01:04 AM
(28-05-2016 12:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

Now I come to think of it, I've never seen Trump and KUSA in the same room at the same time!

Blink

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
28-05-2016, 01:24 AM
(28-05-2016 01:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck any of that have to do with my question? Oh, I'm also a lifelong registered Republican.
That may be so, but asking me what makes me think Trump is rational makes you sound like a liberal teenager who's trying to be edgy all the same. He's obviously rational. You don't become a billionaire in the real estate business by being irrational. You don't win the Republican nomination against 17 other candidates who spent several hundred million dollars in attack ads against him by being irrational. You don't get billions of dollars in free advertising from the media by being irrational. He clearly knows what he's doing. The whole John Miller controversy, for instance, turned out to be a calculated move to get more media attention. How do we know that? Because the only person other than Trump who owned a copy of that tape went on live TV to say that she lost it decades ago.

None of this is to say that he would make a good president, but this delusional mantra that all of his accomplishments are due to dumb luck rather than skill has got to stop. While I'm at it, I have to point out something else. I find it hilarious that the people who are criticizing Trump for his childish insults here are the same people who are attacking him with kindergarten insults like "Drumpf" or "Haha, look at his tiny hands." The irony of their actions is entirely lost on them.

28-05-2016, 01:25 AM
(28-05-2016 01:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 12:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The prevalence of this sort of stuff just reinforces the view that TTA is a liberal echo chamber with a hateful bias against conservatives and Republicans. I would vote for someone else over Trump if I was in the US as well, but come the fuck on, man.

The fuck any of that have to do with my question? Oh, I'm also a lifelong registered Republican. just FYI fool.

Thank you! I'm getting exhausted of the "you Libtards all say the same thing!" lines every time we point out some very obvious thing that just happens to go against the current propaganda.

Trump clearly has (or at least, the person he's pretending to be on TV has) an ego the size of Alaska. Very likely he accepted the debate on the usual principle of, "I'll debate him any time, anywhere. I am the best debater--I know words, I use only the best words." until his advisers pointed out to him the things earlier posters put up on this thread, namely that he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by agreeing to Sanders' challenge.

For another thing, to recognize him as a debate partner in the race legitimizes the Sanders camp, when all he and Hillary Clinton need to really do is ignore Sanders like he's a pretender to the throne, rather than a contender for it, and he'll be more likely to go away.

His advisers would be insane to let him debate Sanders... and I say this as a strong Bernie supporter.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-05-2016, 01:30 AM
(28-05-2016 01:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I find it hilarious that the people who are criticizing Trump for his childish insults here are the same people who are attacking him with kindergarten insults like "Drumpf" or "Haha, look at his tiny hands." The irony of their actions is entirely lost on them.

Are you kidding? If we were insulting Donald Trump, reality TV star, your comment might be relevant. But we're talking about a political conversation about a man who would be the leader of the free world, if elected.

Failure to hold him, as a contender for the Presidency, to a higher rhetorical and ethical standard than the schoolyard tactics often employed in an internet forum would be negligent of the voters in any democracy.

Failure of citizens and writers to mock the current President for his big ears and mom jeans would be out of line with the history of American politics, going right back to the beginning.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy your umbrage.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-05-2016, 01:37 AM
(28-05-2016 01:30 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 01:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I find it hilarious that the people who are criticizing Trump for his childish insults here are the same people who are attacking him with kindergarten insults like "Drumpf" or "Haha, look at his tiny hands." The irony of their actions is entirely lost on them.

Are you kidding? If we were insulting Donald Trump, reality TV star, your comment might be relevant. But we're talking about a political conversation about a man who would be the leader of the free world, if elected.

Failure to hold him, as a contender for the Presidency, to a higher rhetorical and ethical standard than the schoolyard tactics often employed in an internet forum would be negligent of the voters in any democracy.

Failure of citizens and writers to mock the current President for his big ears and mom jeans would be out of line with the history of American politics, going right back to the beginning.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy your umbrage.
That's entirely irrelevant to what I said because I never claimed that you shouldn't hold him to a higher standard. I simply pointed out the irony of people criticizing someone for using childish insults while using childish insults themselves.

irony
noun
A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result
Source: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defini...lish/irony

28-05-2016, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2016 01:48 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-05-2016 01:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-05-2016 01:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck any of that have to do with my question? Oh, I'm also a lifelong registered Republican.
That may be so, but asking me what makes me think Trump is rational makes you sound like a liberal teenager who's trying to be edgy all the same.

Yeah, that's it. That's the impression my 54 yo fat ass is trying to make. I'm afraid you have gazed at my big ass smooth as a baby's bottom ass and saw your own reflection.

(28-05-2016 01:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  None of this is to say that he would make a good president, but this delusional mantra that all of his accomplishments are due to dumb luck rather than skill has got to stop.

I would have to see documentation that it was not just Forrest Trump dumb luck. Tax returns would be a good start.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post