A happy day for both Chas and me. Banana_zorro

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-02-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Trump and Bernie already declared winners of the New Hampshire primaries
No surprise here.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-02-2016, 08:15 PM
(09-02-2016 07:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  A happy day for both Chas and me. Banana_zorro

Happier that neither Cruz nor Rubio was second and Trump only got a third of the vote.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Sanders at 59% to Clinton's 39%. That's the fuck right America, keep that shit up.

This is a really good sign IMO. New Hampshire had a lot of independents, the strong silent majority type that are not fanatical about either party (at least from what I read they did).
And it's this independent central leaning people that swing elections. I think the message is clear, Sanders got 50% more votes than Trump. And I believe those that vote for Hilary will vote for Sanders in the presidential election if he wins, but the same can't be said for republican voters voting for Trump if he wins.

Sanders 2016 bitches. (that should be his slogan.)
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
09-02-2016, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 10:20 PM by cactus.)
I seem to be the only person in my family who's not terrified of the prospect of seeing Sanders in the White House. It's hard to shake this feeling that maybe they all just know way more about economics than I do, to be so fervently opposed to his proposed progressive tax plan, and clinging to this concept of a magically self-regulating free market. Am I just a naive millennitard, who will someday look back on my former self and be like "why didn't you pay more attention in economics class, you dolt?" ...but then when I ask them what's so horrible about the tax plan, and I hear them say things like "He doesn't even believe in Jesus Christ!" and then some stuff about how "Eradicating Islam should be our number one priority! He's dooming our nation to fall to the terrorists!" I'm reminded that maybe I should stop caring so much about their opinions. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 7 users Like cactus's post
09-02-2016, 10:23 PM
[Image: Ca0dvMVXEAAxK2Y.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-02-2016, 02:40 AM
(09-02-2016 10:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: Ca0dvMVXEAAxK2Y.jpg]

Please please please let this be a real newspaper front page.
10-02-2016, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 04:08 AM by ClydeLee.)
(09-02-2016 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sanders at 59% to Clinton's 39%. That's the fuck right America, keep that shit up.

This is a really good sign IMO. New Hampshire had a lot of independents, the strong silent majority type that are not fanatical about either party (at least from what I read they did).
And it's this independent central leaning people that swing elections. I think the message is clear, Sanders got 50% more votes than Trump. And I believe those that vote for Hilary will vote for Sanders in the presidential election if he wins, but the same can't be said for republican voters voting for Trump if he wins.

Sanders 2016 bitches. (that should be his slogan.)

They won't. New Englanders and New Hampshirians? Hampshirites? are far more wiser than the rest of us lot. SC will be a Hilary win but how it goes when the super tuesday when a bunch of states start voting at once will be the interesting key.

I think Al Sharpton is quite a simpleton in a lot of the ways he politically has communicated and acted on TV, just interesting it's news that Bernie is meeting with him in effort to see what they could possibly do to raise awareness of him among minority groups. The across the nation problem is not even with just minorities but significantly with them, that people know who Hilary is so much more that it helps her over the still unknown to those who hardly pay attention in Bernie.

So who is rallying behind "the greatest job president that GOD ever created" now? You can't deny his godly great holy magnificence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-02-2016, 06:07 AM
(10-02-2016 04:04 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  They won't. New Englanders and New Hampshirians? Hampshirites? are far more wiser than the rest of us lot. SC will be a Hilary win but how it goes when the super tuesday when a bunch of states start voting at once will be the interesting key.

Yeah, it was known for months that this state would favor Sanders. Clinton currently has a 30 point lead on Sanders in South Carolina. It's possible that some early momentum might raise awareness, but my understanding is that Sanders' goal is to narrow that gap, not to win.

(10-02-2016 04:04 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I think Al Sharpton is quite a simpleton in a lot of the ways he politically has communicated and acted on TV, just interesting it's news that Bernie is meeting with him in effort to see what they could possibly do to raise awareness of him among minority groups. The across the nation problem is not even with just minorities but significantly with them, that people know who Hilary is so much more that it helps her over the still unknown to those who hardly pay attention in Bernie.

This is Bernie's greatest weakness. He's running against a candidate everyone already knew before she announced she was running. The GOP was already actively smearing her a year before the primaries. Sanders has to get himself known let alone get people out to the primaries.
10-02-2016, 09:42 AM
(09-02-2016 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the message is clear, Sanders got 50% more votes than Trump.
Well, Bernie is literally running against only a single notable candidate while Trump is running against seven notable candidates who split the votes. Receiving 35% of the votes is actually a very impressive feat when you keep that fact in mind. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]