Trump and Bernie already declared winners of the New Hampshire primaries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Trump and Bernie already declared winners of the New Hampshire primaries
(10-02-2016 09:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the message is clear, Sanders got 50% more votes than Trump.
Well, Bernie is literally running against only a single notable candidate while Trump is running against seven notable candidates who split the votes. Receiving 35% of the votes is actually a very impressive feat when you keep that fact in mind. Consider

Fuck Trump Angry

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2016, 09:48 AM
(10-02-2016 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 10:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: Ca0dvMVXEAAxK2Y.jpg]

Please please please let this be a real newspaper front page.
Yeah, it's from the same tabloid 'newspaper' that had this gem on their front page:

[Image: vZ7GTT9.jpg]

That cover is in reference to this scene from one of the Republican debates:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-02-2016, 09:53 AM
(09-02-2016 09:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the message is clear, Sanders got 50% more votes than Trump.
Well, Bernie is literally running against only a single notable candidate while Trump is running against seven notable candidates who split the votes. Receiving 35% of the votes is actually a very impressive feat when you keep that fact in mind. Consider

This is the case of being from outside the nation if in any sense of honesty you belief Trump is running against seven NOTABLE candidates. That wasn't even the case when there was once 18 GOP candidates.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Those candidates are notable for what? Delusion? Lack of empathy? Ignorance? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-02-2016, 11:52 AM

The only problem with that cover is that republicunt voters don't have much to choose from. Each one is a bigger assclown than the next. How do you pick one turd out of many?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
10-02-2016, 12:10 PM
(10-02-2016 09:53 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 09:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, Bernie is literally running against only a single notable candidate while Trump is running against seven notable candidates who split the votes. Receiving 35% of the votes is actually a very impressive feat when you keep that fact in mind. Consider

This is the case of being from outside the nation if in any sense of honesty you belief Trump is running against seven NOTABLE candidates. That wasn't even the case when there was once 18 GOP candidates.
I meant "notable" as in "with significant poll numbers and support." Trump is technically running against eleven people, but only seven of them received more than 1% of the votes. Bernie is literally running against one other person, period. O'Malley received less than 1% of the votes in Iowa and dropped out of the race afterwards. Do you think Bernie would have received 60% of the votes in New Hampshire if there were six more candidates running for the Democratic nomination?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-02-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 02:02 PM by carol.)
Banana_zorro
Go Bernie!!
I got to see him in person at a town meeting in New Hampshire a few weeks ago, and am going to caucus for him, he is very good at answering intelligent questions impromtu and relaxed enough to talk to strangers.
https://caucusfor.berniesanders.com
here in Maine

There are some good reasons to live in New EnglandHeart

Go Bernie!Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
10-02-2016, 02:35 PM
(10-02-2016 12:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ... Trump is technically running against eleven people, but only seven of them received more than 1% of the votes ...

Only 8, not 11, GOP candidates are currently viable (with Christie giving signs of departure taking that down to 7). From an original bench of 14, half remains. Significantly, Trump has NOT materially improved his plurality from the support given that vanished half, it has gone elsewhere - albeit that support wasn't very large. But as more significant candidates bail henceforward, Trump will probably NOT benefit: the pro-Trump crowd has already filled its bus; the rest are very likely anybody BUT Trump and will board any bus but his. Thus some candidate other than Trump will gather plurality and eventually a majority.
10-02-2016, 07:46 PM
(10-02-2016 11:52 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  

The only problem with that cover is that republicunt voters don't have much to choose from. Each one is a bigger assclown than the next. How do you pick one turd out of many?

They had Christie but he just wasn't loony enough for them. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Chris Christie is out by the way.

Good riddance.

Depending on who else was running in the Democratic camp I still think Sanders and Hillary would have gotten the majority of the votes. Like 50%, 30%, 5%, 1%, 1% etc.. That's typical in votes, you have your favorites and than tiny little people that get a couple of the votes.
If you look at the Republican camp sure Trump gets 35% but the following candidates get 15%, 11%, 11%, 10%, 7%. There's no clear second place. And 35% voted for Trump, but that means 65% didn't. And how many of that 65% would vote for Trump in the presidential election? That's the question. The next 4 candidates are much more "normal" republican candidates. Trump is radical. I believe that 65% that didn't vote for him comprises of two people, the independents who can vote either way and I believe they would not vote for Trump or they would have and he would have received more of the vote, and the 'normal' republican who doesn't really like Trump.
So you gotta ask, will those independents vote for Sanders? I think most would instead of Trump, and more if would vote for Hilary if she won. And will those 'normal' republicans vote for Trump? I think they would because they always vote Republican, though they also might just straight up not vote. Either way it's not good for Trump.
If you follow, I feel I'm either 1) explaining this wrong or/and 2) overthinking this.

[Image: oscar.png]