Trump and his stupid Mexican wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Just heard on the news that one of Trumps first "jobs" will be erecting his Mexican wall. I don't know if you know but that wall already exists and has for years. It goes from the Rio Grand river in Texas to the ocean if California. I know because I looked on Google Earth and followed it the whole way. The only gaps are in some mountains that are so steep I guess were considered nonnegotiable.

In any case what is he going to do build a wall down the middle of the Rio Grand and disrupt the ecology of that whole river. Come on, be reasonable, not going to happen. I am sure he won't want to encroach on US property and sure as hell he won't be able to build it on Mexican territory.

The whole concept is mis-concieved and undoable. I expect congress to either laugh at him and his stupid idea or humbly go along and appropriate the funds necessary.

In either case I have to Laughat the absurdness of the idea.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: Trump and his stupid Mexican wall
Just so you know, Trump is using the Secure Fence Act of 2006. This was a bipartisan bill that over 80 senators voted yes on, including Hillary Clinton at well as almost 300 representatives. This Bill was meant for the following President after Bush to get started on fencing the final 700 miles of unfenced border. But Obama never used the funds allotted by the bill to finish the project. Looks like Trump will.

Practically everybody wanted the southern border completely fenced until Trump started talking about it. Now just because it's Trump they want to say no.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-01-2017, 12:40 PM
(25-01-2017 12:33 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just so you know, Trump is using the Secure Fence Act of 2006. This was a bipartisan bill that over 80 senators voted yes on, including Hillary Clinton at well as almost 300 representatives. This Bill was meant for the following President after Bush to get started on fencing the final 700 miles of unfenced border. But Obama never used the funds allotted by the bill to finish the project. Looks like Trump will.

Practically everybody wanted the southern border completely fenced until Trump started talking about it. Now just because it's Trump they want to say no.

You're just the opposite, though -- whatever Trump wants to do, you're all for it "just because it's Trump". Is there anything he could do or say that you would oppose?
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
25-01-2017, 12:55 PM
We gonna tear Trump down with all these threads. I feel him getting weaker by the post.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
25-01-2017, 01:01 PM
(25-01-2017 12:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  We gonna tear Trump down with all these threads. I feel him getting weaker by the post.

Seen anyone claim that this is the purpose of these threads?

It's a forum where people discuss a myriad of topics. Would you say something equally as idiotic in a thread about religion? "All these threads on religion are really tearing the religious down." Or "all these threads on guns are really tearing down the pro-legislation members."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-01-2017, 01:18 PM
(25-01-2017 01:01 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 12:55 PM)KUSA Wrote:  We gonna tear Trump down with all these threads. I feel him getting weaker by the post.

Seen anyone claim that this is the purpose of these threads?

It's a forum where people discuss a myriad of topics. Would you say something equally as idiotic in a thread about religion? "All these threads on religion are really tearing the religious down." Or "all these threads on guns are really tearing down the pro-legislation members."

He was being sardonic. It's funny. Admittedly his sense of humor is an acquired taste.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Pointless objective meant more to appease the irrational than to accomplish anything. Give me half an hour in Chinatown and I can find you 20 illegal aliens For reference, there's an ocean between us and China. Whether I support the enforcement of immigration laws or not is irrelevant. A wall will not stop Mexicans any more than it would stop Cubans, Asians, etc.

Hell I worked illegally in China on a tourist visa. Maybe they should build a great wall on the eastern border too to stem the tide of EFL teaching aliens Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
25-01-2017, 01:27 PM
(25-01-2017 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:01 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Seen anyone claim that this is the purpose of these threads?

He was being sardonic. It's funny. Admittedly his sense of humor is an acquired taste.

It's absolutely hilarious
' " ' " " ' " ' " ' " ' "
Sarcasm

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
25-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Two things that are being lost in this entire discussion:

1. More Mexicans are leaving the US than entering, legally or otherwise. Source: More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.
  2. Those that are coming illegally are doing so because US-based businesses are hiring them. Stop the hiring of illegal workers and you stop the flow of migrants. Why aren't Trump and his Russian sycophants going after businesses that hire illegally?
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
25-01-2017, 02:19 PM
I'd think opening all jobs to illegal immigrants would be the ultimate expression of capitalism Big Grin

'Murican Canadian