Trump and his stupid Mexican wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: Trump and his stupid Mexican wall

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 07:24 PM
(25-01-2017 04:30 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  As far as the wall goes what a stupid waste of tax payer money. 75% of illegal imagrents come over on planes. And they come over threw legal means, just their green cards run out.

But you don't understand Facepalm the Mexicans tax payers are going to fund it. Huh snicker snicker.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
25-01-2017, 07:24 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

25-01-2017, 07:36 PM

25-01-2017, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 09:38 PM by Kaneda.)
@OldManMarsh - I think someone may have already beat you to the punch. This guy put up a video featuring the entire album set to Trumpf's campaign just a few months ago...

I can't find the full video anymore, but I'll put it up if I see it. It's disturbing how well it all fits together.

“Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will
call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
25-01-2017, 11:34 PM
(25-01-2017 06:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's an idiotic waste of money.
The most illegal aliens in the US arrive legally, and over-stay their visas.
They don't sneak over the Mexican boarder.
The wall is an ignorant *NY out-of-touch rich person's* simplistic non-answer, to a complex problem.

Mexico can trade with anyone they chose. Trump does this, and China will make a play, and the "wall" could work in reverse, and keep out US companies that want cheap labor.

It may be seriously the dumbest project ever, but it was his very public campaign promise. Because he's this narcissist superman, he won't back down over it. He will *at least* make noises about forcing it, and in the best case he'll get voted down by "unpatriotic" congress. Thus he can claim he did all he could to build the wall and congress stalled it. Good witchhunt material, if you're that way inclined.

It doesn't matter if it's a stupid project, if he can get popular support by building it or going through the motions, he will.

I'm personally hoping that he dies.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-01-2017, 01:55 AM
Frankly, if I was the leadership of Mexico, I'd start thinking very seriously about building that wall and paying for it.

Maybe they can keep the US out... just shut down all travel from N to S. It stops the supply of US guns crossing the border to further militarize the drug wars (on both sides of that war), for instance. It keeps US federal agents from interfering and influencing Mexican politics and business to continue to favor us. Of course, they'll have to wait for Trump to cancel the trade agreements that bind them to US interests, such as NAFTA, but that shouldn't take too long. They might even encourage him by telling him they'll pay for the wall, so he keeps his promise.

They can still keep ports open to cruise ships, of course, so long as nothing but people get off the boat, and are accounted for when it's time to sail away. They can sell the oil they're currently pouring into US refineries to fuel-hungry nations overseas, even at a great discount, as many South American nations that had enough of our shit are already doing. By shifting their economy away from US markets and forming a pan-Latinx economic coalition, they will cease to live in our financial shadow.

The transition won't be easy, because they've been riding our coat-tails [read: being exploited so some of their wealthy class can benefit from the availability of US markets] for quite some time now, but I think the Mexicans will see that in the long run it's more than worth it, as the USA continues to decline from a manufacturing/production/consumer economy into a debt-ridden consumer and service economy. At that point, Mexico may find itself with a problem-- too many US workers heading south to find paying jobs that don't leave them working 80 hours a week and still up to their eyeballs in debt.

Better to get that wall up and those treaties down, now, while they still have time.

[Edit to Add: In case it's not clear, yes, this is tongue-in-cheek. But only just.]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Mexico: We will not pay for Trump border wall

From the article:

(Mexican President) Pena Nieto told the nation in a televised address: "I've said time and again; Mexico won't pay for any wall.

"I regret and condemn the decision of the United States to continue construction of a wall that, for years, has divided us instead of uniting us."
26-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Breaking news: Mexican president cancels Trump summit

From the article:

"Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto has cancelled next week's trip to Washington to meet US President Donald Trump."
29-01-2017, 09:16 AM

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post