Trump and his ties to Russia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: Trump and his ties to Russia
(21-01-2017 10:58 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You get Trump for 8 years, then Mike Pence for 8 years, then Jared Corey Kushner for 8 years.

I probably won't live long enough to see whether or not you're right about this, but I highly doubt it. For at least the last 60 years, the White House has switched parties every 8 years like clockwork, with only a handful of exceptions. The longest time either party has held the White House since World War II is 12 years (Reagan-Reagan-Bush). I doubt that Trump can win a second term, but even if he does, history says a Democrat will win in 2024.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 06:15 PM
(23-01-2017 05:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 10:58 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You get Trump for 8 years, then Mike Pence for 8 years, then Jared Corey Kushner for 8 years.

I probably won't live long enough to see whether or not you're right about this, but I highly doubt it. For at least the last 60 years, the White House has switched parties every 8 years like clockwork, with only a handful of exceptions. The longest time either party has held the White House since World War II is 12 years (Reagan-Reagan-Bush). I doubt that Trump can win a second term, but even if he does, history says a Democrat will win in 2024.

I agree it could very well be a democrat in 2024. Maybe even 2020. Cory Booker could do what Obama did and energize the minority vote. It all depends on if Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan are ready to switch back to democrat so soon. If not, we could see a "red wall" for the next 20-30 years that the democrats will have to try to break through.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-01-2017, 06:16 PM
(23-01-2017 05:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Trump could be the Jimmy Carter of today. Jimmy was for 4 years between two Republican presidents.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2017, 06:28 PM
(23-01-2017 06:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 05:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I probably won't live long enough to see whether or not you're right about this, but I highly doubt it. For at least the last 60 years, the White House has switched parties every 8 years like clockwork, with only a handful of exceptions. The longest time either party has held the White House since World War II is 12 years (Reagan-Reagan-Bush). I doubt that Trump can win a second term, but even if he does, history says a Democrat will win in 2024.

Trump could be the Jimmy Carter of today. Jimmy was for 4 years between two Republican presidents.

The trouble is that Europe now faces the fall out - they have nationalist movements too. And elections are soon in some of them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-01-2017, 02:09 AM
(23-01-2017 06:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 06:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Trump could be the Jimmy Carter of today. Jimmy was for 4 years between two Republican presidents.

The trouble is that Europe now faces the fall out - they have nationalist movements too. And elections are soon in some of them.

Let's see:

- Poland - nationalist president and gov
- Hungary - Orban is there
- Czech Republic - Milos Zeman is somewhat nationalistic, or maybe he is populist using nationalist themes
- France - Marine Le Pen supposedly said that after Trump winning she has a better chance at presidency
- Lithuania - according to some Polish media president Dalia Grybauskaitė is nationalist, but info does not look reliable

Probably could add more but it is enough as a sample. Hope this new (old?) wave of nationalism won't fuck things up too badly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
30-03-2017, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 01:27 PM by BackSlider.)
Hah ha! Funnay.Laugh out load
I can't believe CNN played along. This new approach might be the beginning of something interesting?!

“If the President puts Russian salad dressing on his salad tonight, somehow that's a Russia connection," Spicer quipped on Tuesday while reacting to questions about possible connections between Trump associates and Russian officials during the 2016 campaign.

A lighthearted CNN.com storyGasp was willing to play along: It looked into the history of Russian dressing and found that it isn't Russian at all but actually was created in New Hampshire in 1924.

"Thing is, Russian dressing isn’t Russian. (Also, it’s really not for salads, but more of a sandwich spread — usually a Reuben.)," the story reads. "Russian dressing typically is served with corned beef, Swiss and sauerkraut on a Reuben sandwich."

"The mayo and ketchup concoction — often dressed up with horseradish and spices — was created in Nashua, New Hampshire."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/326556...nt-russian

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
30-03-2017, 01:47 PM
(24-01-2017 02:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 06:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  The trouble is that Europe now faces the fall out - they have nationalist movements too. And elections are soon in some of them.

Let's see:

- Poland - nationalist president and gov
- Hungary - Orban is there
- Czech Republic - Milos Zeman is somewhat nationalistic, or maybe he is populist using nationalist themes
- France - Marine Le Pen supposedly said that after Trump winning she has a better chance at presidency
- Lithuania - according to some Polish media president Dalia Grybauskaitė is nationalist, but info does not look reliable

Probably could add more but it is enough as a sample. Hope this new (old?) wave of nationalism won't fuck things up too badly.

Current polls in Germany and result of latest state election in Saarland seem to indicate that the spook of right wing populists is already becoming more transparent.
In Saarland they got 6% and nationwide it is probably 10ish.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
30-03-2017, 01:58 PM
(30-03-2017 01:47 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Current polls in Germany and result of latest state election in Saarland seem to indicate that the spook of right wing populists is already becoming more transparent.
In Saarland they got 6% and nationwide it is probably 10ish.

In Germany, most of the parties are against them. Well, apart from the CSU, but that's the usual suspects. In my country, the parties are falling over themselves to be even more obnoxious, and hence lose out to the stinky brown pile of shit. They might well reach 30 percent in the next general elections and become the strongest party.

It's most obvious if you look at the comments sections of liberal papers. What once tried to stay hidden now proudly raises it's head. Like someone had opened the lid on a toilet that hadn't been flushed since 1945.

The next administration will be a coalition of the extreme right and conservatives - again. Not a good prospect but something to puke over. And they all go on a pilgrimage to Moscow to get their marching orders. Strache, Le Pen, quite recently and Orban is already best friends with Putin.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
30-03-2017, 02:18 PM
(30-03-2017 01:58 PM)abaris Wrote:  They might well reach 30 percent in the next general elections and become the strongest party.

[Image: 744.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
30-03-2017, 04:54 PM
You knew someone would break from the herd, right?

Michael Flynn is offering to testify in exchange for immunity.

Longer Wall Street Journal article (may be blocked for some users) says he made an offer to House and Senate Intelligence Committees and the FBI, but has gotten no takers so far.
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post