Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(26-07-2017 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think they already anticipated potential invasion by building defensive fjords

Excuse me, Slartibartfast built those. Drinking Beverage

[Image: de112771e7700eaa67988fbf393afbf9dd99ed5b...fcc48c.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
26-07-2017, 07:35 PM
(26-07-2017 10:37 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Veterans are not IN the military, so it will ultimately rest with those IN the military to decide, not OLD people with ancient prejudices. Your bigoted, discriminatory ancient attitudes are well known here. Gays in the marines could take you and your pansy ass down in about 10 seconds. Hilarious you probably actually think you're a patriot, even though your attitudes are aginst what America stands for, in 2017. Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell is unconstitutional, and this may be stuck down at some point also. We all know you want to turn the clock back to 1950, Dork Lord. Not ever gonna happen. The world has moved on, and left you ancient fossils far behind.

Trump is president. The president is commander in chief. The commander in chief made a decision.

Deal with it.

This unbelievably bad excuse for a Commander-in Chief informed no one. Not even the Pentagon. He even went over the head of Mattis. Military policy is not made by tweet. Any fucking idiot who thinks it is, was never really in the military.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-07-2017, 07:42 PM
(26-07-2017 05:49 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Watch your tounge. We have mountains. And pandas. Mean pandas.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-07-2017, 07:58 PM
(26-07-2017 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I swear I think tRump is ADD. As soon as one thing hits the news big (health care) he jumps to no more transgendered in the military.

He just keeps moving from topic to topic to get everyone to take their eyes off the ball. Or he is unable to concentrate on one thing at a time...other than firing everyone he can...seems like he never loses his stride.

Another way of keeping things unsettled.

In military terms, this is called "suppressing fire". You aren't shooting aimed shots at a target. You are shooting so that the enemy will keep his head down so that you can execute the maneuver you wish to execute.

Trump most likely doesn't think of it this way, but I think it's useful for others to read his behavior this way. Even if he doesn't have a specific ulterior motive, like any narcissist, his goal is to keep the stinkeye looking at those who don't go along with him.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-07-2017, 08:04 PM
(26-07-2017 06:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Do you understand what a Constitutional Republic even is in practice? It doesn't matter if vets voted 100 to 1 for Trump, you don't get to exclude free Americans from serving their country like anyone else because "Fuckin' Yeah! Mob rule!!".
You are also making the assumption that that's why they voted for Trump., couldn't have ANYTHING to do with his desire to increase military funding and expand, or his campaign platform of not sending them out to die in stupid wars.

Here is a question for you: how many times does the far right have to be on the wrong side of history before you guys stop trying to kick sand in the face of a minority group just trying to be treated equally as the non-minority? black rights, women's rights, interracial marriage, gay rights. Seriously do you guys have a cutoff point where you get tired of being on the losing side of history on these issues?

The best part is in 40 years the Republican Party will then act like they were the driving force behind trans gender rights, and act like none of us will remember.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
26-07-2017, 08:05 PM
(26-07-2017 07:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I swear I think tRump is ADD. As soon as one thing hits the news big (health care) he jumps to no more transgendered in the military.

He just keeps moving from topic to topic to get everyone to take their eyes off the ball. Or he is unable to concentrate on one thing at a time...other than firing everyone he can...seems like he never loses his stride.

Another way of keeping things unsettled.

In military terms, this is called "suppressing fire". You aren't shooting aimed shots at a target. You are shooting so that the enemy will keep his head down so that you can execute the maneuver you wish to execute.

Trump most likely doesn't think of it this way, but I think it's useful for others to read his behavior this way. Even if he doesn't have a specific ulterior motive, like any narcissist, his goal is to keep the stinkeye looking at those who don't go along with him.

You're all giving him way too much credit for attempting to be tactical. I think he was just playing with his iPhone and felt like posting some shit.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
26-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Just saw this in the news. This is genuinely fucked up. Even if this doesn't get implemented just the fact that the top US generals would pitch this to the President is enough of a "what the actual fuck!?" moment.

If people have an issue with LGBT people that's THEIR issue. Maybe if some of these overly hetero jar heads that share the generals opinions felt like there was an overhead looming threat of being raped because there's gay guys in the military they'd be a little more respectful towards the women who serve who no doubt have the same feeling. Except you know, women in the military actually do get raped. I suppose it's those women's fault they got raped LDH? They were obviously a distraction... shouldn't have had boobs and all that... it's their own fault really...

Civil rights and equality in government jobs such as the military are the easiest way to lead by example. This is a huge step backwards.

@LDH, citation needed.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
26-07-2017, 08:07 PM
(26-07-2017 08:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  @LDH, citation needed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2017, 08:11 PM
(26-07-2017 05:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No servicemember is obliged to obey an unlawful order.

I was trained I was obliged not only not to obey an unlawful order, but to report my noncompliance and reasons promptly to the appropriate level in the chain of command or IG if its necessary to go outside the chain of command. LDH apparently received different training.

Exactly. We got a full day on this in Basic, and the occasional subsequent class throughout my hitch. The JAG won't accept the Nuremberg defense; neither should the American people. Sad fact is that a sworn servicemember will have to be willing to face the brig to have standing in a civilian court, if it can even get that far.

The legality of this Executive Order will no doubt be challenged. I'm not sure how any given court will rule, but until such rulings are issued, LDH's "orders are orders" tripe is exactly that -- tripe.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who swore the same oath you and I did is a brother. Another sad fact is that we can't always choose our family. I respect LDH's serving our country, but I'm sad that he walked away from the experience with such a perverted view of what it means to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign -- or domestic.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-07-2017, 08:14 PM
(26-07-2017 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I dunno ... maybe when kids go to register for the SSS, they should write in "transgender, contemplating reassignment surgery"?

Civil disobedience FTW.

That's brilliant. Thumbsup My oldest kid's got two step-sons coming of that age now and they got the balls to do it just for the all fuck all of it. But if I remember correctly, SSS didn't give a shit about any of that, just wanted a name and number to find me in the event some cunt in Kansas figures they need more cannon fodder.

Yeah, they'd have to crowd it in. When I registered in 1985, there were two check-boxes. But I hope kids nowadays can write small and think sharp. I'd sure hate for them to be drafted into what has become a mercenary force for the multinationals.