Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(27-07-2017 12:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Chief growled "Fuck you, you badly infected testicle If the fucking Coast Guard wanted you to have a fucking family, they'd have fucking issued you one!!!"

Several of us applauded...

Thumbsup

I heard that line about any number of things when us airman exercised our GI griping privileges. Aimed at me, on occasion. "If the Air Force wanted you to have a beard, they'd have issued you one. Now fall in!" Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-07-2017, 12:39 PM
(27-07-2017 12:23 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Hey everyone, guess who's back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How's kicks, Jase?
27-07-2017, 12:43 PM
(27-07-2017 12:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:23 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Hey everyone, guess who's back?

How's kicks, Jase?
It's been pretty busy for me the last few months. Started seminary in February so it's been taking up a lot of my time. On summer break now.

[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
27-07-2017, 12:48 PM
(27-07-2017 12:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How's kicks, Jase?
It's been pretty busy for me the last few months. Started seminary in February so it's been taking up a lot of my time. On summer break now.

I don't know you because you came and left while I was away I guess, but I assume you've got a position to share on this subject since it seems you're studying to be a chaplain (based on your rep comments Tongue)? If so- let's hear it.
27-07-2017, 01:00 PM
(27-07-2017 12:48 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  It's been pretty busy for me the last few months. Started seminary in February so it's been taking up a lot of my time. On summer break now.

I don't know you because you came and left while I was away I guess, but I assume you've got a position to share on this subject since it seems you're studying to be a chaplain (based on your rep comments Tongue)? If so- let's hear it.
Let me first ask if anyone knows the transgender process. More specifically what is required to complete the transformation from one gender to another.

27-07-2017, 01:08 PM
(27-07-2017 01:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:48 PM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know you because you came and left while I was away I guess, but I assume you've got a position to share on this subject since it seems you're studying to be a chaplain (based on your rep comments Tongue)? If so- let's hear it.
Let me first ask if anyone knows the transgender process. More specifically what is required to complete the transformation from one gender to another.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_reassignment_therapy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-07-2017, 01:23 PM
(27-07-2017 10:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 09:13 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  If it's about money, why not ban people with spouses or kids from the military? Why should taxpayer dollars pay for the flu shots of kiddies or wives just because Dad wears a uniform?

I thought that a lot when I was in the service. Unmarried personel were treated like second class peons. It makes more sense to have it the other way around...

The French Foreign Legion won't take married recruits Tongue

'Murican Canadian
27-07-2017, 01:25 PM
(27-07-2017 12:48 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  It's been pretty busy for me the last few months. Started seminary in February so it's been taking up a lot of my time. On summer break now.

For the record, my intention is not to simply share my personal opinion. I intend to share an objective point of view. So i neither support nor reject this position. Just a little background information. I am a commissioned officer in the Marine Corps who is currently working to become a Navy Chaplain. In my unit, we currently have 4 transgender Marines. I am not quite sure what the procedures look like out in the private sector, but from what I have seen in the Marine Corps, the process is extensive.

In order to complete the "transformation" process in the military. After the first surgery, the individual would be on convalescent leave for 21 days. Immediately after that, it is another 30 days leave after their second surgery. 60 days after their third surgery. For the fourth surgery they need to fly to Oregon (paid by the government) and spend 30 days in the hospital and spend another 60 on leave to recover only to have to repeat the process two more times. When it is all said and done, the individual can never deploy because they are required to receive hormone therapy for the rest of their lives.

From what I have seen, a transgender service member would spend the majority of their 4 year contract on leave and can never deploy.

It is also important to note that the military has never been equal opportunity and serving is not a right. Recruiters reject more people every day than they take in. People are disqualified if the are too young, too old, too fat, too skinny, have medical disabilities, too many tatoos or pearcings, prior drug use, or criminal records. So if being transgender is a legit medical condition, the military is completely within their legal grounds to make that medical condition a disqualifiable.

The military makes its determination on disqualifications based on cost vs benefit. So based on the information that I have provided, what benefit would the military gain by allowing for transgender service members and how will if improve military readiness?

27-07-2017, 01:26 PM
(27-07-2017 01:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:48 PM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know you because you came and left while I was away I guess, but I assume you've got a position to share on this subject since it seems you're studying to be a chaplain (based on your rep comments Tongue)? If so- let's hear it.

I'm quite familiar with it. I am transgender myself, in the process of transitioning personally.
27-07-2017, 01:30 PM
(26-07-2017 09:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 08:31 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But the oath sticks with me even as a civilian.

I have made other vows, but I have taken no other oaths. It's the only oath I ever would take. LDH does not understand or appreciate that. He is not a patriot. He is subversive.

He is a troll. I really think he’s just trolling us now, he gets bored a few hours after watching Friends on Fox and comes here to rile people up. Rolleyes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post