Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(27-07-2017 01:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As far as the hormone question, I am not a doctor. However, transgenders can still serve in the military in supporting roles. They just can't deploy in combat zones because nothing can guarantee that they will be able to access their prescriptions.

Testosterone undecanoate only needs to be administered every 10-12 weeks.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-07-2017, 02:12 PM
(27-07-2017 01:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 01:34 PM)Emma Wrote:  Can you provide information on what procedures are being done for surgeries 1-3? And are the required? I personally don't currently intend to receive any surgeries- at least not yet, maybe some day.

Typical surgeries for trans women tend to include all or none of the following:
facial feminization surgery
breast augmentation
Vaginoplasty
and on rare occasion- hip augmentation (aka, brazillian butt lift)

Additionally- what is the reason for restricting deployment based on hormone medications? Trans people are capable of engaging in all manner of physical activities (from long distance running to MMA boxing) while on hormones.
For the female to male transformation, the first surgery is the removal of the mammery glands (breast removal). I am not quite sure what the second and third surgery is. I think it involve removal is some of the internal reproductive organs but don't quote me on that. Of course the fourth and fifth surgery is the "installation of new hardware".

As far as the hormone question, I am not a doctor. However, transgenders can still serve in the military in supporting roles. They just can't deploy in combat zones because nothing can guarantee that they will be able to access their prescriptions. How are they going to get their refills in a fighting hole in the mountains of Afghanistan for example. To be honest though, I have no idea what the health risks are for someone if they stop their hormones cold turkey. But I don't imagine it would be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How does anybody get their meds in those situations ? Any individual assignment is based on an individual's training and present capabilities. The fact is Trump did this without talking to ANY military advisor, (he lied about that), and against the advice of Gen Mattis.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-07-2017, 02:27 PM
(27-07-2017 12:43 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How's kicks, Jase?
It's been pretty busy for me the last few months. Started seminary in February so it's been taking up a lot of my time. On summer break now.

Busy can be good. Hope all's well with you, bud.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-07-2017, 02:33 PM
(27-07-2017 02:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 01:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  For the female to male transformation, the first surgery is the removal of the mammery glands (breast removal). I am not quite sure what the second and third surgery is. I think it involve removal is some of the internal reproductive organs but don't quote me on that. Of course the fourth and fifth surgery is the "installation of new hardware".

As far as the hormone question, I am not a doctor. However, transgenders can still serve in the military in supporting roles. They just can't deploy in combat zones because nothing can guarantee that they will be able to access their prescriptions. How are they going to get their refills in a fighting hole in the mountains of Afghanistan for example. To be honest though, I have no idea what the health risks are for someone if they stop their hormones cold turkey. But I don't imagine it would be good.

How does anybody get their meds in those situations ? Any individual assignment is based on an individual's training and present capabilities. The fact is Trump did this without talking to ANY military advisor, (he lied about that), and against the advice of Gen Mattis.

Yep. And there are currently about 18 nations that have full LGBT military service inclusiveness. It seems if others can figure it out, we ought to be able to do the same.
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
27-07-2017, 02:44 PM
(27-07-2017 12:23 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Hey everyone, guess who's back?

Yo man how you doing?
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-07-2017, 03:15 PM
http://www.theonion.com/article/breaking...-now-56490

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-07-2017, 03:32 PM
(27-07-2017 01:00 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Let me first ask if anyone knows the transgender process. More specifically what is required to complete the transformation from one gender to another.

Are you talking male to female or female to male? It also depend upon what the person needs and depending on where they live, how much they can afford to pay.
27-07-2017, 03:43 PM
(27-07-2017 01:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As far as the hormone question, I am not a doctor. However, transgenders can still serve in the military in supporting roles. They just can't deploy in combat zones because nothing can guarantee that they will be able to access their prescriptions. How are they going to get their refills in a fighting hole in the mountains of Afghanistan for example. To be honest though, I have no idea what the health risks are for someone if they stop their hormones cold turkey. But I don't imagine it would be good.

Transwomen need to go cold turkey for a few weeks before their main surgery. It's no biggy, just uncomfortable after a while. It's the menopause because their testicles long ago gave up producing much if any testosterone and they end up sweating profusely. Oestrogen for post-ops is very easy to bring around with you in pill form. A pot about an inch tall can give you all the hormones you need for many months because you only need one a day. The problem is long term in that without hormones you get osteoporosis.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
27-07-2017, 04:45 PM
It's all a tempest in a teapot. The Joint Chiefs say it's a no go.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27...ion-241029

As we suspected, it's all just a distraction from the fact the insane man in the White House can't get anything done that he promised. So he bullies the weakest available target. It's really very sad.

Anyone wanna bet that when Melania goes to Canada in the Fall, she won't come back ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-07-2017, 05:09 PM
(27-07-2017 02:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 12:23 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Hey everyone, guess who's back?

Yo man how you doing?
Seminary school is no joke and work has got me all over the place.

[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post