Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 05:11 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(27-07-2017 02:33 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 02:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How does anybody get their meds in those situations ? Any individual assignment is based on an individual's training and present capabilities. The fact is Trump did this without talking to ANY military advisor, (he lied about that), and against the advice of Gen Mattis.

Yep. And there are currently about 18 nations that have full LGBT military service inclusiveness. It seems if others can figure it out, we ought to be able to do the same.
Yeah, I personally think that there are ways to make it work. The question is whether or not the military is willing to make the accommodations and if they are worth investing into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2017, 05:17 PM
(27-07-2017 04:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's all a tempest in a teapot. The Joint Chiefs say it's a no go.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27...ion-241029

As we suspected, it's all just a distraction from the fact the insane man in the White House can't get anything done that he promised. So he bullies the weakest available target. It's really very sad.

Anyone wanna bet that when Melania goes to Canada in the Fall, she won't come back ? Tongue

You beat me to it Bucky. I just read it on the internet.

But the whole hormone argument is ridiculous anyway. Women in the miltary are on birth control pills and nobody screams about that. The military probably WANTS them on birth control pills. For transgender women there is also available a small implant that releases hormones for a year. My daughter gives herself estrogen shots once every two weeks. However, she does take a testosterone blocker and progesterone pills.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-07-2017, 05:19 PM
(27-07-2017 05:09 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Seminary school is no joke

too easy... must.... resist....

Fuck it,
Is there a bigger joke than seminary school?
Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
27-07-2017, 05:27 PM
(27-07-2017 02:05 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 01:59 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Perhaps "majority" may not have been accurate so you are correct. However, 6 months of leave is a long duration. But the non-deployment thing is a big concern for the military. After all, the purpose of the military is to fight wars.

I'm still not convinced of the need to block deployment. But as I understand, the military leadership was still reviewing the new policy. I don't disagree with you that the military can and should decide not to allow enlistees with specific medical conditions, however, I'm extremely skeptical that being trans is or should be one of those conditions.
Another factor that needs to be taken into consideration is where does follow on training fit into all of this leave time. Let's take for example an aircraft mechanic. After boot camp, tech school can take up to a year to complete. But that only would make you a basically qualified aircraft mechanic who can't certify their own work or do much of anything outside of checking tire pressure. In order to be competitive for promotion and retention, years of training is required to get the qualifications and skills necessary to fill leadership positions. If a Marine spends this much time away from training, they will come back well behind their peers and will not get promoted. They are eventually forced out after completing their current contract.

So even in non combat jobs, being gone for such a long period of time is essentially a career ender. I see this all the time with women who become pregnant. These women are removed from their primary jobs to push papers for 9 months only to come back to find that they are no longer seen as useful. So how much worse would it be for a young Marine to be sitting in a hospital or recovering at home for months at a time?

27-07-2017, 05:28 PM
(27-07-2017 02:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 01:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  For the female to male transformation, the first surgery is the removal of the mammery glands (breast removal). I am not quite sure what the second and third surgery is. I think it involve removal is some of the internal reproductive organs but don't quote me on that. Of course the fourth and fifth surgery is the "installation of new hardware".

As far as the hormone question, I am not a doctor. However, transgenders can still serve in the military in supporting roles. They just can't deploy in combat zones because nothing can guarantee that they will be able to access their prescriptions. How are they going to get their refills in a fighting hole in the mountains of Afghanistan for example. To be honest though, I have no idea what the health risks are for someone if they stop their hormones cold turkey. But I don't imagine it would be good.

How does anybody get their meds in those situations ? Any individual assignment is based on an individual's training and present capabilities. The fact is Trump did this without talking to ANY military advisor, (he lied about that), and against the advice of Gen Mattis.
The corpsman provides basic medication. But chances are they do not have hormones in their ruck sack.

27-07-2017, 05:28 PM
They could probably make a case for not providing surgery, at least while on active duty. That much I can see as debatable. The rest is just Trumplethinskin veering off into left field based on something he heard, probably incorrectly. It will win him points with the narrow-minded, bigoted core of his support but is just another example of him jumping on the first thing he thinks of and not considering consequences.

2018 can't come soon enough.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-07-2017, 05:31 PM
I know this may be silly to post, but I'm a-gonna do it anyway. There have been transgender women (female to male) in the military in times past when the doctors didn't examine each inductee and birth certificates and paperwork weren't much of a thing. Men just signed up and went off to war. Here's a transgender soldier from the American Civil War.

[Image: clayton-francis-l.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-07-2017, 05:41 PM
(27-07-2017 05:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  They could probably make a case for not providing surgery, at least while on active duty. That much I can see as debatable. The rest is just Trumplethinskin veering off into left field based on something he heard, probably incorrectly. It will win him points with the narrow-minded, bigoted core of his support but is just another example of him jumping on the first thing he thinks of and not considering consequences.

What happens in 2018? Oh you mean when democrats lose even more congressional seats? Have you looked at the donation numbers? The DNC is in debt and can't keep up with the RNC's money piles. No money = no advertising = no election victories. Democrats are being abandoned by independent voters. Trump might have low approval ratings but when it comes time to pull the lever in the voting booth they won't be choosing democrats. I know republicans that hate Trump, but that won't make them switch to a democrat in a congressional race. It all comes down to motivation. Which group is motivated? It looks like republicans are highly motivate as they keep pumping money into the party, while democrat voters can't seem to get into gear.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
27-07-2017, 05:43 PM
(27-07-2017 05:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 05:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  They could probably make a case for not providing surgery, at least while on active duty. That much I can see as debatable. The rest is just Trumplethinskin veering off into left field based on something he heard, probably incorrectly. It will win him points with the narrow-minded, bigoted core of his support but is just another example of him jumping on the first thing he thinks of and not considering consequences.

What happens in 2018? Oh you mean when democrats lose even more congressional seats? Have you looked at the donation numbers? The DNC is in debt and can't keep up with the RNC's money piles. No money = no advertising = no election victories. Democrats are being abandoned by independent voters. Trump might have low approval ratings but when it comes time to pull the lever in the voting booth they won't be choosing democrats. I know republicans that hate Trump, but that won't make them switch to a democrat in a congressional race. It all comes down to motivation. Which group is motivated? It looks like republicans are highly motivate as they keep pumping money into the party, while democrat voters can't seem to get into gear.

Have you gotten it off your chest now? Seems to me you have posted this very thing several times already.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2017, 05:52 PM
(27-07-2017 05:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 05:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  What happens in 2018? Oh you mean when democrats lose even more congressional seats? Have you looked at the donation numbers? The DNC is in debt and can't keep up with the RNC's money piles. No money = no advertising = no election victories. Democrats are being abandoned by independent voters. Trump might have low approval ratings but when it comes time to pull the lever in the voting booth they won't be choosing democrats. I know republicans that hate Trump, but that won't make them switch to a democrat in a congressional race. It all comes down to motivation. Which group is motivated? It looks like republicans are highly motivate as they keep pumping money into the party, while democrat voters can't seem to get into gear.

Have you gotten it off your chest now? Seems to me you have posted this very thing several times already.

No. I need to point it out one more time.

RNC = money stacks (40 million on hand with no debt)
DNC = broke (7 million on hand with debt)

Ok. Now its out of my system.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]