Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
I wonder where those sympathies will be a year from now, when Mueller's had some time to look over stuff?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2017, 05:56 PM
(27-07-2017 05:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wonder where those sympathies will be a year from now, when Mueller's had some time to look over stuff?

Mueller will be fired by new AG Rudy Guiliani after Trump fires Sessions during the senate recess. Love those recess appointments.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
27-07-2017, 06:07 PM
(27-07-2017 05:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 05:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  They could probably make a case for not providing surgery, at least while on active duty. That much I can see as debatable. The rest is just Trumplethinskin veering off into left field based on something he heard, probably incorrectly. It will win him points with the narrow-minded, bigoted core of his support but is just another example of him jumping on the first thing he thinks of and not considering consequences.

2018 can't come soon enough.

What happens in 2018?

I make no predictions since I find it impossible to overestimate the ignorance, pettiness, and outright bigotry that are embraced by a large portion of the American public. 2018 is simply the first chance to at least slow some of the damage being done currently and to turn the country back from being a laughing stock on the world stage. If the Democrats don't get back at least one chamber then we the damage by 2020 could be considerable.

I have little respect for the Democrats ability to govern or to solve problems but at least they aren't totally ignorant, backward fucks like the Republicans.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-07-2017, 06:17 PM
"After consultation with my Generals and military experts..."

Translation:
"After building a cushion fort with Barron and getting lost in it..."

[+] 9 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
27-07-2017, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 07:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-07-2017 05:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 05:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wonder where those sympathies will be a year from now, when Mueller's had some time to look over stuff?

Mueller will be fired by new AG Rudy Guiliani after Trump fires Sessions during the senate recess. Love those recess appointments.

There will be no recess. As long as a few senators remain, (the Dems will be sure there are always a few there), there is no recess. Guiliani already said he won't take it. The minute he tries to fire Mueller, Congress will reinstate the Special Prosecutor law, and Mueller will continue as before. Trump is not a king, even though you want to be his serf.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrati...ecision-to
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/t...index.html

Actually this series of events is one of THE most dangerous things ever we have witnessed in a long time.
The president said what he expected the military to do, and the generals said no.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-07-2017, 07:35 PM
(27-07-2017 06:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually this series of events is one of THE most dangerous things ever we have witnessed in a long time.
The president said what he expected the military to do, and the generals said no.

Yes. I didn't think the military was up for that nonsense. During the campaign Trump said that he was smarter than the generals. I knew then he was going to have a hard time with them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-07-2017, 07:42 PM
(26-07-2017 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 05:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I dunno ... maybe when kids go to register for the SSS, they should write in "transgender, contemplating reassignment surgery"?

Civil disobedience FTW.

That's brilliant. Thumbsup My oldest kid's got two step-sons coming of that age now and they got the balls to do it just for the all fuck all of it. But if I remember correctly, SSS didn't give a shit about any of that, just wanted a name and number to find me in the event some cunt in Kansas figures they need more cannon fodder.

Seriously, the only practical reason to register for SSS is if you're in college and expect to get federal financial aid. Since Trump's taking steps to eliminate federal student aid there isn't even that motivation anymore. If I were in a position where I had to register now, I'd tell them to go hang. No one's been seriously prosecuted for failure to register in decades.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
27-07-2017, 07:50 PM
It's a no-go because, and only because, it's a tweet. If Trump chose to follow this up with written directives down the chain of command it would be implemented and generals at whatever level would either enforce it or- one would hope- have the balls to resign in protest. The good news is, there probably won't be any follow up to this. Because Trump himself doesn't care. (And if he does care, the push back, from pretty much every direction, and his short attention span will make him drop it and move on to other shitstorms).

Will whoever the tweet was meant to affect- Billy Bob Whoever in Alabama- notice that in six months the military hasn't actually acted on the tweet? No, he'll attend the rally and smile and high-five the people around him because Trump kicked dem weirdos out of the military.

All that said, the whole episode is cruel to the servicemen and women targeted.

[+] 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
27-07-2017, 08:20 PM
(27-07-2017 05:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  What happens in 2018? Oh you mean when democrats lose even more congressional seats? Have you looked at the donation numbers? The DNC is in debt and can't keep up with the RNC's money piles. No money = no advertising = no election victories.

Didn't Trump won the election with less money than Clinton (much less money)? Considering that Trump's healthcare reform has strongly alienated many independant voters who were relatively unaffected by the Russian scandales and conflict of interests.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/donald-trump/

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
27-07-2017, 08:27 PM
"No money = no advertising = no election victories."

There you have it, folks. Everything that's wrong with 'murrica and its political system, in seven succinct words.

And said with nary a modicum of irony. Or self-awareness. [Image: facepalm2.gif]

(Well, some of what's wrong anyway)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post