Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Transgender and military service
(25-08-2017 04:51 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Today President Trump signed a directive which would ban transgendered people from serving in the United States Military, though no details are currently in place as to how the DoD will implement such a ban.

And on this issue, I have considered it but must come down on the side of Trump on this one.

If you are struggling with gender identity issues in your life, the military is not a place to solve them. It's an unfortunate fact of life, but these are personal issues and not good baggage to be carrying when selecting service in our armed forces.

The military has but one job to do: defend the nation against attack and everyone committed to service there needs to be focused on that job and not personal issues before making a commitment to their country.

I doubt that there are many people who can join the military, or any other group, who don't have some personal issues they are dealing with. It's part of the human condition. There are degrees of baggage as well as degrees in the ability of a person to handle their personal stuff.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
25-08-2017, 05:00 PM
(25-08-2017 04:51 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Today President Trump signed a directive which would ban transgendered people from serving in the United States Military, though no details are currently in place as to how the DoD will implement such a ban.

And on this issue, I have considered it but must come down on the side of Trump on this one.

If you are struggling with gender identity issues in your life, the military is not a place to solve them. It's an unfortunate fact of life, but these are personal issues and not good baggage to be carrying when selecting service in our armed forces.

The military has but one job to do: defend the nation against attack and everyone committed to service there needs to be focused on that job and not personal issues before making a commitment to their country.

95% of military jobs are done behind a desk.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Yep. 90% of US military in WWII never saw combat.

I'm retired Navy. In those twenty years I never had occassion to examine a shipmate's genitals. Drinking Beverage

In the line of duty, that is. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
25-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Ex-US Naval Officer here.

Not once in my admittedly short 6 years of service did I ever encounter a situation where one of my sailors/Marines being trans would have caused an issue.

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 6 users Like SteelCurtain's post
25-08-2017, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 06:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(25-08-2017 04:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Often in the history of warfare, when things get desperate, anybody can be called to serve.

They're typically the first "recruited" as cannon fodder. Come cannon fodder time, this ban will disappear and they will try to pretend it never even existed. When the man comes around.

Here's what a true hero and patriot thinks on the issue. Compare/contrast with LDH and his ilk.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Threads merged

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Everyone who gets discharged under this BSathon should immediately sue T.rump personally.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2017, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 07:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-08-2017 06:52 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Everyone who gets discharged under this BSathon should immediately sue T.rump personally.

Nobody's gonna get discharged from this. Brothers and sisters in service will surround, protect and cover and delay until this ridiculous threat goes away. Nemo residio is their fundamental creed. They won't betray it, they can't betray it. It's not an option.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2017, 08:04 PM
trump just pardoned that asshole Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

I'd start another thread on the subject but....why? Everyday he fucks up something. There should be a thread titled...."The Fucking shit trump does everyday".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-08-2017, 08:38 PM
(25-08-2017 08:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  trump just pardoned that asshole Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

I'd start another thread on the subject but....why? Everyday he fucks up something. There should be a thread titled...."The Fucking shit trump does everyday".

Yeah, and he also fired Gorka (not that I'm going to shed any tears) while a huge hurricane is hitting Texas and North Korea merrily fires off some rockets.

Transgender ban, Sheriff Arpaio pardon, Gorka firing, North Korea shooting and hurricane hitting. All in one day.

Such a mixed bag. Coincidence? I think not. The hurricane is being used to take attention away from the rest.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post