This is why Trump don't scare me.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mattis-...ar-AAqX5NJ

Quote:WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Jim Mattis late Tuesday announced that transgender troops will be allowed to continue serving in the military pending the results of a study by experts.

Quote: "Once the panel reports its recommendations and following my consultation with the secretary of Homeland Security, I will provide my advice to the president concerning implementation of his policy direction," Mattis said in the statement. "In the interim, current policy with respect to currently serving members will remain in place."

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2017, 06:53 PM
(28-08-2017 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why Trump don't scare me.

Thanks for posting that that was good shit.

29-08-2017, 06:54 PM
(29-08-2017 06:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mattis-...ar-AAqX5NJ

Quote:WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Jim Mattis late Tuesday announced that transgender troops will be allowed to continue serving in the military pending the results of a study by experts.

Quote: "Once the panel reports its recommendations and following my consultation with the secretary of Homeland Security, I will provide my advice to the president concerning implementation of his policy direction," Mattis said in the statement. "In the interim, current policy with respect to currently serving members will remain in place."

It's like they know they're dealing with a child, just wait a few minutes and the child will be distracted by something else. Everyone knows this issue is not actually something Trump knows about, understands, or cares about.

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
29-08-2017, 07:17 PM
(29-08-2017 06:54 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mattis-...ar-AAqX5NJ

It's like they know they're dealing with a child, just wait a few minutes and the child will be distracted by something else. Everyone knows this issue is not actually something Trump knows about, understands, or cares about.

I assume Mattis will soon be gone. The Donald doesn't much like people defying him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-08-2017, 10:14 PM
(29-08-2017 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 06:54 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's like they know they're dealing with a child, just wait a few minutes and the child will be distracted by something else. Everyone knows this issue is not actually something Trump knows about, understands, or cares about.

I assume Mattis will soon be gone. The Donald doesn't much like people defying him.

Mattis is a legend within the military. Trump had better think long and hard before going down that road.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
29-08-2017, 11:32 PM
(29-08-2017 10:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I assume Mattis will soon be gone. The Donald doesn't much like people defying him.

Mattis is a legend within the military. Trump had better think long and hard before going down that road.

I think he is now faced with the challenge of being forced to become a legend in American history and from all indications, he appears up for it and probably the best fit for the job we got right now.... Grampa's got this.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 07:13 AM
(29-08-2017 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I assume Mattis will soon be gone. The Donald doesn't much like people defying him.

I just read his bio on Wiki and found this letter he wrote to his troops.

[Image: Genmattisltr.jpg]

That the guy carried a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is eye-opening and apparently is known as

“Saint Mattis of Quantico, Patron Saint of Chaos."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
30-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Mattis has taken me by surprise. Not being a military person (it's been quite a while since my dad retired and I moved out of the house), I was unfamiliar with him and falsely assumed that just because Trump picked him for Secretary of Defense, and he agreed to work under Trump, that he would be in alignment with Trump on something like this. I'm glad to see that I was wrong- at least, I appears that I probably was (pending the path taken after the study).

I'm relived to see someone in charge there who respects his troops as the people who are doing the hard work, and not pawns to be traded for political gain.

(28-08-2017 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why Trump don't scare me.

Thanks for sharing- this was great to see and really was eye-opening. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
30-08-2017, 08:57 AM

The problem is that Trump does not think long (or hard) about anything.

He has no patience to do so: his only patience is for getting even, and even that is extremely limited.

Hopefully other issues will distract the man-baby before he realizes the effect that someone like Mattis could have on those in the military that might support Trump.

I wish Mattis well: he could be the hero the U.S. needs right now.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post