Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 07:11 PM by yakherder.)
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
(30-08-2017 07:45 AM)Emma Wrote:  Mattis has taken me by surprise. Not being a military person (it's been quite a while since my dad retired and I moved out of the house), I was unfamiliar with him and falsely assumed that just because Trump picked him for Secretary of Defense, and he agreed to work under Trump, that he would be in alignment with Trump on something like this. I'm glad to see that I was wrong- at least, I appears that I probably was (pending the path taken after the study).

I'm relived to see someone in charge there who respects his troops as the people who are doing the hard work, and not pawns to be traded for political gain.

(28-08-2017 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is why Trump don't scare me.

Thanks for sharing- this was great to see and really was eye-opening. Thumbsup

Trump picked him because of his popularity among the troops, no doubt assuming that doing so would solidify his own popularity among the troops, which it did to a degree. Mattis is no yes man, though, and this move has the potential to backfire if Trump finds himself at odds with Mattis.

I'm watching some interesting conversations take place on the various veteran boards I follow as communities composed predominantly of conservatives try to find a way to take their transgenderphobia, their support for Trump, and their respect for Mattis and somehow make it all fit together.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
30-08-2017, 07:19 PM
(30-08-2017 07:13 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 10:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Mattis is a legend within the military. Trump had better think long and hard before going down that road.

I just read his bio on Wiki and found this letter he wrote to his troops.

[Image: Genmattisltr.jpg]

That the guy carried a copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius is eye-opening and apparently is known as

“Saint Mattis of Quantico, Patron Saint of Chaos."

Those are some damned fine words ... and that's a man I'd follow.
31-08-2017, 07:54 AM
There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not Mattis has really frozen Trump's ban. He's holding off on implementing while he investigates, but from my understanding, he hasn't "frozen" it.
31-08-2017, 07:56 AM
(31-08-2017 07:54 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not Mattis has really frozen Trump's ban. He's holding off on implementing while he investigates, but from my understanding, he hasn't "frozen" it.

The effect is the same for now. He is taking his good time to come up with a solution. Or maybe Trump will resolve himself in the meantime....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-08-2017, 08:22 AM
(31-08-2017 07:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:54 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not Mattis has really frozen Trump's ban. He's holding off on implementing while he investigates, but from my understanding, he hasn't "frozen" it.

The effect is the same for now. He is taking his good time to come up with a solution. Or maybe Trump will resolve himself in the meantime....

The "time" you refer to was given by Trump himself, in the memo direction.

The media is doing everything they can to discredit Trump, so they made it appear that Mattis is pushing back against Trump. When in reality, as the Slate article points out, Trump directed everything Mattis is doing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
31-08-2017, 08:59 AM
(31-08-2017 08:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  The effect is the same for now. He is taking his good time to come up with a solution. Or maybe Trump will resolve himself in the meantime....

The "time" you refer to was given by Trump himself, in the memo direction.

The media is doing everything they can to discredit Trump, so they made it appear that Mattis is pushing back against Trump. When in reality, as the Slate article points out, Trump directed everything Mattis is doing.

Let's just say they talked.... Smile Did you see the Mattis clip earlier in the thread?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-08-2017, 09:01 AM
I'm sure this is just part of the future plans to use the turn the enemy gay ray on isis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-08-2017, 09:21 AM
(26-07-2017 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey since apparently you guys don't mind foreigners interfering in your internal politics, can we impeach him?

If you agree to deport the fucker to North Korea, sure. Big Grin

No, we need to handle that fucker by ourselves. I think if we simply verbally keep ridiculing him knowing he hates that, he'll pop a cork nobody can ignore.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2017, 09:44 AM
(31-08-2017 09:21 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hey since apparently you guys don't mind foreigners interfering in your internal politics, can we impeach him?

If you agree to deport the fucker to North Korea, sure. Big Grin

No, we need to handle that fucker by ourselves. I think if we simply verbally keep ridiculing him knowing he hates that, he'll pop a cork nobody can ignore.

As long as the popped cork isn't a popped ICBM.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-10-2017, 11:26 AM
This was recently posted on the Nevada National Guard page. Nothing groundbreaking, really. Just a small part of the whole process that I'm still finding interesting, if nothing else.

To summarize, it's basically saying if you were given a dishonorable discharge for reasons relating to your LGBTQ status, you can apply to have that changed to an honorable discharge. In civilian terms, it's like the difference between getting fired or quitting under good terms. In military terms, a dishonorable discharge can be a nasty thing to have on your record (though not as insurmountable as they'd lead you to believe).

[Image: 6fd4n1j.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post