Trump bans transgender from military

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2017, 10:50 AM
RE: Trump bans transgender from military
Well, from what I overheard from most people who are Republican they called it 'Smooth and Clean' what Trump did. I wanted to laugh. Yeah, post all your doings on twitter, that is really 'smooth and clean'. *Rolls eyes*

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2017, 10:51 AM
(26-07-2017 10:46 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(26-07-2017 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Veterans are not IN the military, so it will ultimately rest with those IN the military to decide, not OLD people with ancient prejudices. Your bigoted, discriminatory ancient attitudes are well known here. Gays in the marines could take you and your pansy ass down in about 10 seconds. Hilarious you probably actually think you're a patriot, even though your attitudes are aginst what America stands for, in 2017. Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell is unconstitutional, and this may be stuck down at some point also. We all know you want to turn the clock back to 1950, Dork Lord. Not ever gonna happen. The world has moved on, and left you ancient fossils far behind.

Well-fucking-said, Bucky. LGBTQ people are not a "distraction", unless you count the distraction that the right causes because they can't get past their ancient bigotries and fears. And there, it's the fucking bigots that are the distraction, not the LGBTQ people themselves.

Fuck off, LDH. Rolleyes

I'd just give up pandering to him, he kind of reminds me of another with the same name and quote... But i haven't seen that guy around much.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
26-07-2017, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2017 11:00 AM by yakherder.)
On a serious note, having just recently separated, during my last year in the military I saw:

- My unit's first female. People complained at first, then they got used to her and she earned their respect, now it's a non issue at the lower level. Public affairs still basically stalks her during training for photo ops.

- My brigade's first openly gay medic. People complained at first, made jokes when he visited the unit for medical checkups, immunizations, etc. Then they accepted it when they realized he knows what the fuck he's doing, and that kind of matters. Then eventually everyone forgot they ever cared in the first place and many of the same ones who originally complained attended his wedding.

- No trans genders that I'm aware of... But there was one guy in my unit whose partner is trans gender. Some people gave him shit about it, but most people didn't care as they'd already deployed with the guy to Afghanistan before they knew, and he'd thus already proven himself, so most of their complaints were just regurgitated BS.

My own opinion on the matter is that I don't want to see physical standards compromised in an effort to force diversification. Beyond that, I give exactly zero fucks what someone's sex or orientation is. Our female, ironically, pretty much mops the floor with everyone on the fitness test. She doesn't have a score below 300 (the maximum possible) on her record.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 20 users Like yakherder's post
26-07-2017, 11:02 AM
(26-07-2017 07:58 AM)Emma Wrote:  I'm really sad for all the openly trans people serving currently. What will happen to them and their families?

What happens when someone realizes that they are trans while serving in the future? They will HAVE to remain closeted and untreated or risk being ejected from service.

All of this for the potential cost of surgery that not all trans people get, and very few trans people enlist. It's a fucking phantom issue, and they are pushing this while also trying to take away health care for millions of people.

This fucking country!... Censored

What I don't understand is the entire military was just trained on transgendered service members, including those of us that work in medical. There were defined standards brought out that set the parameters on who, how, what, etc. This was just done within the last 3 or 4 months, and now we have a complete reversal?

Not sure you can put that genie back in the bottle now. And DJT is such an ignoramus, I'm sure he's not aware that only a small percentage of transitioning service members will opt for surgery.

Can't wait to hear all about this at my next drill weekend in Aug. What a clusterfuck...
[+] 5 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
26-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Echoing what others are saying a bit but...it's 2017. Young soldiers have grown up in a more open society (on-line and real time) where they're encountering family and friends that are openly wherever they are on the sexuality spectrum. I'm not saying the world is now totally tolerant and ready to hold hands and have a coke (or is it Pepsi?) but warnings of breakdown of efficiency or unit cohesion, that's super doubtful. The warnings will come from the old generals and admirals because they remember the view from the grunt level through the lens of the 70s and 80s.

If integration of black troops into the American army had been pushed in the 1920s, I can see a problem, the 1920s were racial hatred on steroids against blacks but by the 1950s the time was just right. Similar thing here.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 11:24 AM
(26-07-2017 11:14 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Echoing what others are saying a bit but...it's 2017. Young soldiers have grown up in a more open society (on-line and real time) where they're encountering family and friends that are openly wherever they are on the sexuality spectrum. I'm not saying the world is now totally tolerant and ready to hold hands and have a coke (or is it Pepsi?) but warnings of breakdown of efficiency or unit cohesion, that's super doubtful. The warnings will come from the old generals and admirals because they remember the view from the grunt level through the lens of the 70s and 80s.

If integration of black troops into the American army had been pushed in the 1920s, I can see a problem, the 1920s were racial hatred on steroids against blacks but by the 1950s the time was just right. Similar thing here.

It was still pretty raw for black men in the 50's.... I knew a Master Chief who was just retiring when I enlisted... He told me about how they suspended the time in rank on certain rates because black men were always got lower fitness reports than whites, regardless of how proficient and knowledgeable they were. He said it took him 10 years to make 2nd class (e-5)....

Change is always slow..

In the service, slower....

Hell they didn't have women on ships when I enlisted....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-07-2017, 11:31 AM
This was nothing but a sorry stunt to get public discussions off all the other crap he's failing at. No healthcare, no tax reform, no nuthin. Last evening and this morning for the first time, Republican members of Congress were telling him to lay off Sessions, and publically disagreeing with him. It had moved to a new level. He needed the subject changed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-07-2017, 11:32 AM
(26-07-2017 11:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It was still pretty raw for black men in the 50's.... I knew a Master Chief who was just retiring when I enlisted... He told me about how they suspended the time in rank on certain rates because black men were always got lower fitness reports than whites, regardless of how proficient and knowledgeable they were. He said it took him 10 years to make 2nd class (e-5)....

Oh totally agree, you could argue well into Vietnam their were huge racial problems in the military, though you can chalk a lot of that up to larger issues, like just the circumstances of having thousands of people forced to be halfway around the world risking their lives for wait what the fuck are we doing here? I'm just thinking the allegation that combat effectiveness is threatened by certain individuals in a unit because they're trans...not buying it.

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
26-07-2017, 11:33 AM
(26-07-2017 10:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  On a serious note, having just recently separated, during my last year in the military I saw:

- My unit's first female. People complained at first, then they got used to her and she earned their respect, now it's a non issue at the lower level. Public affairs still basically stalks her during training for photo ops.

- My brigade's first openly gay medic. People complained at first, made jokes when he visited the unit for medical checkups, immunizations, etc. Then they accepted it when they realized he knows what the fuck he's doing, and that kind of matters. Then eventually everyone forgot they ever cared in the first place and many of the same ones who originally complained attended his wedding.

- No trans genders that I'm aware of... But there was one guy in my unit whose partner is trans gender. Some people gave him shit about it, but most people didn't care as they'd already deployed with the guy to Afghanistan before they knew, and he'd thus already proven himself, so most of their complaints were just regurgitated BS.

My own opinion on the matter is that I don't want to see physical standards compromised in an effort to force diversification. Beyond that, I give exactly zero fucks what someone's sex or orientation is. Our female, ironically, pretty much mops the floor with everyone on the fitness test. She doesn't have a score below 300 (the maximum possible) on her record.

I’m glad you posted this YH, it’s good to hear first hand stories like this.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-07-2017, 11:33 AM
If medical costs are such a concern, then maybe we should stop playing world police and sending our kids to unwinnable wars where they get maimed and killed.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 10 users Like Loom's post