Trump inauguration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Trump inauguration
(22-01-2017 07:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It'll be cool that once it's drained you'll be able to get to the Jefferson memorial easier

But then there'd be no paddle boats to see the cherry blossoms in bloom.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Attendance figures reported by Politifact for previous presidential inaugurations:

Obama, 2009 - 1.8 million
Obama, 2013 - 1 million
Bush, 2001 - 300,000
Bush, 2005 - 400,000
Clinton, 1993 - 800,000
Clinton, 1997 - 250,000
George H.W. Bush, 1989 - 300,000

Photographs and video analysis by crowd size experts, reported by The New York Times, suggests Drumpf's inauguration crowd was only 160,000—just a fraction of his estimate of up to 1.5 million. They also estimated that 470,000 participated in the women's march in DC. When attendance at similar marches in other US states were thrown in, the total protest numbers were estimated to have included up to 2.6 million people, which makes it the biggest protest since the Vietnam War—and, in anyone's language, a passionate pushback to a new presidency.

excerpted from Melbourne AGE, 23 January.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
23-01-2017, 12:23 AM
(22-01-2017 11:27 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Attendance figures reported by Politifact for previous presidential inaugurations:

Obama, 2009 - 1.8 million
Obama, 2013 - 1 million
Bush, 2001 - 300,000
Bush, 2005 - 400,000
Clinton, 1993 - 800,000
Clinton, 1997 - 250,000
George H.W. Bush, 1989 - 300,000

Photographs and video analysis by crowd size experts, reported by The New York Times, suggests Drumpf's inauguration crowd was only 160,000—just a fraction of his estimate of up to 1.5 million. They also estimated that 470,000 participated in the women's march in DC. When attendance at similar marches in other US states were thrown in, the total protest numbers were estimated to have included up to 2.6 million people, which makes it the biggest protest since the Vietnam War—and, in anyone's language, a passionate pushback to a new presidency.

excerpted from Melbourne AGE, 23 January.

Not exactly. The 160,000 figure is for the mall and surrounding area. That doesn't take into account the 250,000 that are seated directly surrounding the stage area, and require tickets (all tickets available were issued).

Keith Still, the guru that came up with the 1.8 million number for Obama, said that he believes Trump's crowd to be about 1/3 of Obama's 2009 inauguration. ( http://www.snopes.com/trump-inauguration-viewership/ ) That would be about 600,000 people. I guessed 500,000 in an earlier post. That is still an impressive number, and I believe (don't quote me) it would be larger than any inauguration other than Obama's two inaugurations. Although the New York Times article did say that Trump wouldn't be able to see more than 1/3 of the way back from his angle and it would have looked like a sea of people.

Trump is making a bigger deal out it than it needs to be. As I said in my first post, no way did he beat Obama. But 500,000+ ain't nothing to sneeze at considering Trump supporters would have to travel to get there, and Obama had a built in crowd since he won D.C. with 92% of the vote and D.C. is over 50% african American.

Trump has a right to be a little pissed that the media did the comparison in the first place, and made it sound like nobody showed up. Then one of them spread the lie that the MLK Jr. bust was removed from the Oval Office when it had not.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-01-2017, 12:27 AM
I hope they pay overtime. Mate how many sites are you on???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-01-2017, 01:22 AM
(23-01-2017 12:23 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has a right to be a little pissed that the media did the comparison in the first place, and made it sound like nobody showed up. Then one of them spread the lie that the MLK Jr. bust was removed from the Oval Office when it had not.

My Aunty Mabel has a right to be pissed over stupid shit too. She's not the fucking president of the states. This is the shit your elected buffoon cares about. Not fucking environmental stuff, not economy, not ANYTHING, other than some perceived insult over attendance at his stupid inauguration, to the extent that his new spokesman has to go out and tell direct lies to the media.

He's a fucking ego-driven lunatic with the emotional intelligence of a two year old and you're an idiot for supporting him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 15 users Like morondog's post
23-01-2017, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2017 10:55 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(23-01-2017 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 12:23 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has a right to be a little pissed that the media did the comparison in the first place, and made it sound like nobody showed up. Then one of them spread the lie that the MLK Jr. bust was removed from the Oval Office when it had not.

My Aunty Mabel has a right to be pissed over stupid shit too. She's not the fucking president of the states. This is the shit your elected buffoon cares about. Not fucking environmental stuff, not economy, not ANYTHING, other than some perceived insult over attendance at his stupid inauguration, to the extent that his new spokesman has to go out and tell direct lies to the media.

He's a fucking ego-driven lunatic with the emotional intelligence of a two year old and you're an idiot for supporting him.

Indeed, the world needs better than a petulant, narcissistic, 10 year old who yells at people over Twitter at 3AM in the morning. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-01-2017, 01:44 AM
(22-01-2017 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 05:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I posted a link to CNN and a screen shot that shows a much different scene than that timelaspe. One of them is wrong.

Either that or you just don't understand what a camera angle is. My money's on the latter.

Yeah. If he had taken a picture from above it would tell a completely different story.
23-01-2017, 01:58 PM
(23-01-2017 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  My Aunty Mabel has a right to be pissed over stupid shit too. She's not the fucking president of the states. This is the shit your elected buffoon cares about. Not fucking environmental stuff, not economy, not ANYTHING, other than some perceived insult over attendance at his stupid inauguration, to the extent that his new spokesman has to go out and tell direct lies to the media.

That goes here.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-01-2017, 03:35 PM
So the best wash up of crowd figures seems to be Drumpf at 600,000 (unconfirmed) versus Obama at 1,800,000 confirmed.

Which makes the orange grub's attendance figure look pretty sad—but at least it illustrates the disinterest/dislike of much of the US population for Drumpf. And according to Nielsen, Drumpf's 2017 inauguration ranks fifth in terms of television viewership: more people tuned in for the second inauguration of Richard Nixon, the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, the first inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and the first inauguration of Barack Obama. How embarrassing for Drumpf.

It needs to be borne in mind too that the US population when Carter was sworn in as president was 220,239,425 but that figure increased to 325,443,245 as of 23 January this year (+ 68%). This makes the orange grub's figure look even more pathetic.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-01-2017, 03:42 PM
(23-01-2017 03:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So the best wash up of crowd figures seems to be Drumpf at 600,000 (unconfirmed) versus Obama at 1,800,000 confirmed.

Which makes the orange grub's attendance figure look pretty sad—but at least it illustrates the disinterest/dislike of much of the US population for Drumpf. And according to Nielsen, Drumpf's 2017 inauguration ranks fifth in terms of television viewership: more people tuned in for the second inauguration of Richard Nixon, the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, the first inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and the first inauguration of Barack Obama. How embarrassing for Drumpf.

It needs to be borne in mind too that the US population when Carter was sworn in as president was 220,239,425 but that figure increased to 325,443,245 as of 23 January this year (+ 68%). This makes the orange grub's figure look even more pathetic.

Don't forget online streaming. Neilson ratings mean nothing when 17 million watched on CNN's live stream. All the major networks had it online. Plus Facebook and YouTube had a live stream. The final number may never be known but Trump's has a good chance of being the most watched ever, counting all forms of viewership.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]