Trump inauguration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Trump inauguration
(23-01-2017 03:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So the best wash up of crowd figures seems to be Drumpf at 600,000 (unconfirmed) versus Obama at 1,800,000 confirmed.

Which makes the orange grub's attendance figure look pretty sad—but at least it illustrates the disinterest/dislike of much of the US population for Drumpf. And according to Nielsen, Drumpf's 2017 inauguration ranks fifth in terms of television viewership: more people tuned in for the second inauguration of Richard Nixon, the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, the first inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and the first inauguration of Barack Obama. How embarrassing for Drumpf.

It needs to be borne in mind too that the US population when Carter was sworn in as president was 220,239,425 but that figure increased to 325,443,245 as of 23 January this year (+ 68%). This makes the orange grub's figure look even more pathetic.

Don't forget online streaming. Neilson ratings mean nothing when 17 million watched on CNN's live stream. All the major networks had it online. Plus Facebook and YouTube had a live stream. The final number may never be known but Trump's has a good chance of being the most watched ever, counting all forms of viewership.

Remind me again why any of this matters. Not a single person's opinion of Trump (pro or con) is going to be changed by how many people watched his inauguration. It's the most trivial kind of trivia. Who cares?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 04:08 PM
(23-01-2017 03:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So the best wash up of crowd figures seems to be Drumpf at 600,000 (unconfirmed) versus Obama at 1,800,000 confirmed.

Which makes the orange grub's attendance figure look pretty sad—but at least it illustrates the disinterest/dislike of much of the US population for Drumpf. And according to Nielsen, Drumpf's 2017 inauguration ranks fifth in terms of television viewership: more people tuned in for the second inauguration of Richard Nixon, the inauguration of Jimmy Carter, the first inauguration of Ronald Reagan, and the first inauguration of Barack Obama. How embarrassing for Drumpf.

It needs to be borne in mind too that the US population when Carter was sworn in as president was 220,239,425 but that figure increased to 325,443,245 as of 23 January this year (+ 68%). This makes the orange grub's figure look even more pathetic.

Don't forget online streaming. Neilson ratings mean nothing when 17 million watched on CNN's live stream. All the major networks had it online. Plus Facebook and YouTube had a live stream. The final number may never be known but Trump's has a good chance of being the most watched ever, counting all forms of viewership.

And these numbers will continue to rise for inaugurations in the decades to come as the world becomes more and more interconnected by technology.....that is, if trump's idiot environmentalist don't fuck up the earth to a boiling point.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2017, 04:10 PM
(23-01-2017 04:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 03:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Don't forget online streaming. Neilson ratings mean nothing when 17 million watched on CNN's live stream. All the major networks had it online. Plus Facebook and YouTube had a live stream. The final number may never be known but Trump's has a good chance of being the most watched ever, counting all forms of viewership.

Remind me again why any of this matters. Not a single person's opinion of Trump (pro or con) is going to be changed by how many people watched his inauguration. It's the most trivial kind of trivia. Who cares?

Because the media wanted to clown on Trump by posting a photo of Trump's crowd compared to Obama's 2009. I agree with you. Who cares? But the media saw an opportunity to throw an insult at Trump. And Trump always fights back.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-01-2017, 04:16 PM
(23-01-2017 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 04:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Remind me again why any of this matters. Not a single person's opinion of Trump (pro or con) is going to be changed by how many people watched his inauguration. It's the most trivial kind of trivia. Who cares?

Because the media wanted to clown on Trump by posting a photo of Trump's crowd compared to Obama's 2009. I agree with you. Who cares? But the media saw an opportunity to throw an insult at Trump. And Trump always fights back.

Has he never heard the phrase "Choose your battles"? He's the President. He's got more important things to do than "fight back" against every little trivial thing that people say about him. A thick skin is an absolute necessity for any political leader. Trump appears to have an extremely thin skin. That's not good.
23-01-2017, 04:51 PM
(23-01-2017 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And Trump always fights back.

So what you're saying is it's gonna be easy for Xi and Vlad to rope-a-dope him then. The look on Foreman's face when he realized he'd been had just before being pummeled was priceless.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-01-2017, 04:53 PM
His thin skin is about the only thing about him that's transparent....and it has an orange film over it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-01-2017, 05:13 PM
(23-01-2017 04:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  His thin skin is about the only thing about him that's transparent....and it has an orange film over it.

Guess what? We're all orange. Brown is a shade of orange. Peach is a shade of orange. I believe every skin tone except the very dark would be orange technically according to the hue scale. (I learned this in a computer graphics class).

Trump's skin is not any more orange than any other. Many different people appear orange on TV depending on lighting, makeup, camera being used, camera filter and the TV being watched. There was a shot during one of the inaugural balls where both Trump and his wife had a very orange look on Fox but when I switched to CNN they looked normal. I have seen Trump in person and he has a regular white dudes skin tone.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
23-01-2017, 05:27 PM
(23-01-2017 04:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Remind me again why any of this [the numbers] matters. Not a single person's opinion of Trump (pro or con) is going to be changed by how many people watched his inauguration. It's the most trivial kind of trivia. Who cares?

It acts as a barometer of how the populace at large really feels about Drumpf, and is more accurate than the actual number of people who turn up to vote. And if voting were compulsory in the US, then Clinton would've pissed it in—as around 90% of those eligible would've got off their fat arses to vote—rather than the 54% who did for the current election.

And I'd be guessing that a lot of people's opinions of the orange grub will in fact change—for the worse. Hundreds of thousands of them will be saying in hindsight "oh, shit, I should've voted against this evil buffoon".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-01-2017, 05:35 PM
(23-01-2017 05:27 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 04:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Remind me again why any of this [the numbers] matters. Not a single person's opinion of Trump (pro or con) is going to be changed by how many people watched his inauguration. It's the most trivial kind of trivia. Who cares?

It acts as a barometer of how the populace at large really feels about Drumpf, and is more accurate than the actual number of people who turn up to vote. And if voting were compulsory in the US, then Clinton would've pissed it in—as around 90% of those eligible would've got off their fat arses to vote—rather than the 54% who did for the current election.

And I'd be guessing that a lot of people's opinions of the orange grub will in fact change—for the worse. Hundreds of thousands of them will be saying in hindsight "oh, shit, I should've voted against this evil buffoon".

The only problem with that - was the alternative................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Gotta ask.....

Is there any particular reason that you're so overly defensive of your hero? Or why you unfailingly rise to the bait when somebody—amongst the thousands—badmouths him? Do you maybe wanna be his next wife?

(23-01-2017 05:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Guess what? We're all orange. Brown is a shade of orange. Peach is a shade of orange. I believe every skin tone except the very dark would be orange technically according to the hue scale. (I learned this in a computer graphics class). Trump's skin is not any more orange than any other. Many different people appear orange on TV depending on lighting, makeup, camera being used, camera filter and the TV being watched. There was a shot during one of the inaugural balls where both Trump and his wife had a very orange look on Fox but when I switched to CNN they looked normal. I have seen Trump in person and he has a regular white dudes skin tone.

And what the fuck is this fishy mouth-pout thing he does all the time? Is that somehow connected to his allegedly tiny penis size? Or maybe one of his secret boyfriend's penis sizes?

[Image: 44718673f192a6a201385b034f2d5131.jpg]

And by the way, your computer graphics instructor obviously knows nothing about colours, hues or tones. Just sayin' LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post