Trump may sue Cruz over birther issue.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Trump may sue Cruz over birther issue.
Worried that he not might not win Trump is toying with the idea of suing Cruz over his eligibility to run. Although he was born in Canada Cruz says he can run because his mother was a US citizen. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...ty-n517791
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: Trump may sue Cruz over birther issue.
(12-02-2016 04:18 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Worried that he not might not win Trump is toying with the idea of suing Cruz over his eligibility to run. Although he was born in Canada Cruz says he can run because his mother was a US citizen. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...ty-n517791

I was born in Canada - can I run because my father was a U.S. citizen? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-02-2016, 04:25 PM
(12-02-2016 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 04:18 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Worried that he not might not win Trump is toying with the idea of suing Cruz over his eligibility to run. Although he was born in Canada Cruz says he can run because his mother was a US citizen. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...ty-n517791

I was born in Canada - can I run because my father was a U.S. citizen? Consider

I"ll vote for ya...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-02-2016, 04:30 PM
How can Ted Cruz be an Evangelical Christian when he lies so much and is so dishonest?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 12, 2016

Sounds pretty normal.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-02-2016, 04:34 PM
(12-02-2016 04:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  I was born in Canada - can I run because my father was a U.S. citizen? Consider

I"ll vote for ya...

Big Grin

If Trump doesn't know, yes!
12-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Chas:
Quote: I was born in Canada - can I run because my father was a U.S. citizen?

The problem is that "natural born" has never been defined. Cruz says it doesn't matter where you're born as long as one of your parents is a US citizen at the time of your birth. So under his definition then you possibly could. Btw from what I've read Cruz's mom eventually became a Canadian citizen and there are questions as to exactly when - before or after Cruz was born. Cruz also until recently had dual citizenship and a Canadian passport so he has some real issues. However it's politically incorrect to talk about it. I know people want candidates to win on the issues but the law is the law. If Cruz isn't eligible then so be it.
[+] 2 users Like thecontemplator's post
12-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Someone said that Trump's mother was not an American so as such he shouldn't be eligible to run!
12-02-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2016 05:10 PM by thecontemplator.)
Reply to DerFish
Quote:Someone said that Trump's mother was not an American so as such he shouldn't be eligible to run!

Again it depends on how you define "natural born" - something which the courts have not done. Under the most strict definition you and both your parents would have to be born in the US and be citizens since birth so that's means even Trump couldn't run since one of his parents wasn't born in the US. But most legal professors from what I've read favor the interpretation that as long you were born in the US or it's territories you are a "natural born" citizen although there is disagreement on ambassadors and diplomats. Since Trump was born in the US he would be a citizen under this definition while Cruz would not. Since natural born has not been defined I suppose Trump himself could be sued although the case against Cruz is stronger.
12-02-2016, 05:24 PM
(12-02-2016 04:51 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Someone said that Trump's mother was not an American so as such he shouldn't be eligible to run!

Cruz is a scumbag si he shouldn't be eligible to run. Sadly, being a scumbag is not a disqualifier.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
12-02-2016, 05:30 PM
(12-02-2016 05:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 04:51 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Someone said that Trump's mother was not an American so as such he shouldn't be eligible to run!

Cruz is a scumbag si he shouldn't be eligible to run. Sadly, being a scumbag is not a disqualifier.

It doesn't appear to even be a hindrance. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post