Trump: maybe US will have a president for life someday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Trump: maybe US will have a president for life someday
According to CNN they have a recording of the POTUS saying this. As far as I can tell, CNN hasn't released the recording which is a bit suspicious. But if true WOW.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2018, 09:27 AM
RE: Trump: maybe US will have a president for life someday
If true it is merely power hungry politician being honest. I suppose it is sentiment shared by many, majority of them just aren't caught (assuming Trump said this).

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-03-2018, 09:39 AM
His supporters are trying to spin it as a "joke," but it's not at all the kind of joke puppet tends to make. His jokes mean-spirited and at others' expense, even and maybe especially including those close to him. He's happy to joke about Melania and Jared. (I understand he had some one-liners written for him that mocked them that he used this weekend.) No one is safe or sacred except himself.

Therefore this wasn't a joke, it was a trial balloon in a friendly room.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
04-03-2018, 09:46 AM
(04-03-2018 09:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If true it is merely power hungry politician being honest. I suppose it is sentiment shared by many, majority of them just aren't caught (assuming Trump said this).

Its because he is

#1 an idiot
#2 who cant keep his mouth shut
#3 because he thinks he is the smartest guy on earth

A quite common combination. Nothing to see here, go ahead.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
04-03-2018, 09:50 AM
(04-03-2018 09:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(04-03-2018 09:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If true it is merely power hungry politician being honest. I suppose it is sentiment shared by many, majority of them just aren't caught (assuming Trump said this).

Its because he is

#1 an idiot
#2 who cant keep his mouth shut
#3 because he thinks he is the smartest guy on earth

A quite common combination. Nothing to see here, go ahead.

It easily can be true. What I wanted to point is that I don't see "WOW" here as I suppose quite a number of politicians would like to be (in essence) kings.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
04-03-2018, 09:53 AM
(04-03-2018 09:23 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  According to CNN they have a recording of the POTUS saying this. As far as I can tell, CNN hasn't released the recording which is a bit suspicious. But if true WOW.

They played the recording yesterday, I heard it. He did say that and everyone was laughing and clapping. Which made it a lot worse to hear.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2018, 09:59 AM
(04-03-2018 09:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-03-2018 09:23 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  According to CNN they have a recording of the POTUS saying this. As far as I can tell, CNN hasn't released the recording which is a bit suspicious. But if true WOW.

They played the recording yesterday, I heard it. He did say that and everyone was laughing and clapping. Which made it a lot worse to hear.

Imagine, if you will, if Obama had said that. The republican party would have gone insane, totally exploded with verbal lynchings.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Now that would be a good reason for Americans to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
04-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Where are the gun-toting uber-patriots? C'mon, guys, you say you want your guns to defeat the loss of freedoms. What more signal do you need?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-03-2018, 12:07 PM
(04-03-2018 11:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Where are the gun-toting uber-patriots? C'mon, guys, you say you want your guns to defeat the loss of freedoms. What more signal do you need?

They're to busy with sending death threats to Florida school shooting survivors to notice.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 7 users Like Szuchow's post