Trump plays prank on republicans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: Trump plays prank on republicans
(07-09-2017 10:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He has no tax plan, but keeps saying they are working on the details, then says it's up to Congress to write it. He had no Health Care Plan to replace the ACA. He has no one capable in his cadre of hangers-on who knows how to craft legislation. He's an incompetent buffoon. If you doubt that, read his embarrassing speech in North Dakota yesterday. OMG. Weeping
http://theweek.com/speedreads/723161/ste...rth-dakota

How in the hell can Congress get anything done when they work 3 days a week. They're paid well for full-time jobs, yet work part-time.
I think there should be a national movement to make them punch in and out. Punch in and out for breaks, punch in and out for lunch. We'll see how much they actually work.

If you ever watch c-span, you can see them sleeping in their seats, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 11:28 AM
This might be Grampa's Come To Jesus moment where he realizes that all he wants to do is get yuuuuge deals done and he might have more luck with the Democrats given that the Repubs seem completely feckless.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2017, 12:14 PM
(07-09-2017 10:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He has no tax plan, but keeps saying they are working on the details, then says it's up to Congress to write it. He had no Health Care Plan to replace the ACA. He has no one capable in his cadre of hangers-on who knows how to craft legislation. He's an incompetent buffoon. If you doubt that, read his embarrassing speech in North Dakota yesterday. OMG. Weeping

Yeah, but his amazing plan to defeat ISIS was brllliant... oh... wait....

That "drunk Donald Trump" clip is hilarious.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-09-2017, 04:24 PM
(07-09-2017 10:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  

How in the hell can Congress get anything done when they work 3 days a week. They're paid well for full-time jobs, yet work part-time.
I think there should be a national movement to make them punch in and out. Punch in and out for breaks, punch in and out for lunch. We'll see how much they actually work.

If you ever watch c-span, you can see them sleeping in their seats, too.

That's it.

I'm running for congress.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-09-2017, 07:15 PM
(07-09-2017 09:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 08:48 AM)BryanS Wrote:  I would mostly agree. Chaos and playing people off each other is his one-note strategy. And with Trump, since everything is about him personally, his strategy is both the means and the ends of his goal--power. It's a not so thinly veiled threat to the GOP--play ball on Obamacare/taxes/immigration/etc, or this is how the second half of his term will go.

On the other hand, I am glad he did this. Constant haranguing over lifting the debt ceiling is pointless and a time waster. The debt ceiling will always pass, but while both sides bicker, nothing else can get accomplished (including emergency funding for hurricane(s) ). The perennial debt ceiling bickering is the epitome of what is wrong in Congress.

I wonder what his base thinks of it.

His base includes populists which are less dogmatic on conservative economic policy. It will tweak traditional fiscal conservatives, but will not be much of a problem for Trump's "base".