Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks
Donald Trump winning the US presidency is considered one of the top 10 risks facing the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The research firm warns he could disrupt the global economy and heighten political and security risks in the US.

However, it does not expect Mr Trump to defeat Hillary Clinton who it sees as "his most likely Democratic contender".

He is rated as riskier than Britain leaving the European Union or an armed clash in the South China Sea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35828747

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
17-03-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks
If he's elected, we may well see a clash in the South China Sea anyway.
17-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Fuck the Brits.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-03-2016, 11:47 AM
(17-03-2016 11:36 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fuck the Brits.

Why?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
17-03-2016, 11:54 AM
(17-03-2016 11:47 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 11:36 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fuck the Brits.

Why?

Read the posted link. They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics. They're still salty about America giving them that revolutionary war beat down I reckon.

17-03-2016, 11:59 AM
(17-03-2016 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 11:47 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why?

Read the posted link. They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics. They're still salty about America giving them that revolutionary war beat down I reckon.

Of course it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he said there would be riots if he weren't nominated, that the military would torture if ordered by him, or any of the other inflammatory shit that drools from his narcissistic brain every day.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2016, 12:16 PM

They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics.

I was just checking so that I don't make any assumptions.

What - ALWAYS? A bit of a sweeping statement, no?

50% of the Economist sales are in the US so one would expect to find a fairly extensive commentary on US politics in it.

Although the Economist Group is based in the UK, 43.4% is owned by the Italian Agnelli family.

From what I've seen and read, it's not just Brits that are concerned about Trump. US citizens are just as concerned.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
17-03-2016, 12:19 PM

Read the posted link. They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics.

Are you just saying "they" because it's a BBC report on the announcement?

It's the Economist. Like 'em or not, they're hardly nationalist partisans.

(17-03-2016 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They're still salty about America giving them that revolutionary war beat down I reckon.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
17-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Looky here, Ben Carson didn't really want to support Drumpf, but wants a job.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/c...ign=buffer

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
17-03-2016, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 01:00 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(17-03-2016 11:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Read the posted link. They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics. They're still salty about America giving them that revolutionary war beat down I reckon.

Of course it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he said there would be riots if he weren't nominated, that the military would torture if ordered by him, or any of the other inflammatory shit that drools from his narcissistic brain every day.

He didn't say that there would be riots if he wasn't nominated. He said there could be riots if the establishment steals the nomination. Which there very well could be. That whole military thing with torture and dropping bombs on terrorist families. That's nothing. The American people don't want to know the truth. It was a stupid thing to say but I'm sure worse has been ordered by prior presidents and the orders were carried out. I read that in WW2 the Germans would parade their tanks through the cities with women and children riding on top, believing that allied planes wouldn't bomb them. We bombed them anyway. Troops follow orders. Collateral damage happens. The U.S. definition of torture is much more lenient than other countries and we still use techniques that other countries have made illegal and classify as torture. I'm sure Trump's comments sound crass and harsh to the average Joe Liberal, but not to me. It doesn't bother me at all. Fuck these terrorists. Dropping bombs on their ass while they're at home with their families doesn't bother me at all. In fact, the first plan for Osama bin Laden's compound was to turn it into dust with bombs from a B-2 stealth bomber, even with women and children known to be inside. The plan was for thirty two 2,000 pound bombs to be dropped. Many non combatants would be killed, including a family that lived in the house next door. Obama approved of that plan before the SEALs plan was chosen, doesn't that make him as bad as Trump? Obama actually gave the order. Trump merely proposed an idea similar to things Obama and every other president has already done.