Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks
(17-03-2016 01:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Actually I think I stumbled onto something here. If Donald Trump comes to Portland Oregon, which he probably won't because this is pretty much Obama country, I'll go down to his rally with a sign saying:

DONALD TRUMP FOR DICTATOR

Big Grin

At the same time though, Trump supporters would be too stupid to realize you're joking.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
17-03-2016, 02:18 PM
(17-03-2016 11:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 11:47 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Why?

Read the posted link. They always have some doomsday shit to say about American politics. They're still salty about America giving them that revolutionary war beat down I reckon.

What?? Huh
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
17-03-2016, 02:26 PM
(17-03-2016 02:09 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 01:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  He sure does. Literal advocacy of war crimes.

Eh. "Lest we forget" was a shitty PC slogan anyway, amirite?

If "Lest we forget" is about Shoah then sadly it isn't much more than slogan.

It's a Commonwealth phrase dating back to the aftermath of WWI.

(17-03-2016 02:09 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Mass killings aren't things of the past, even if overall amount of violence is decreasing rather than increasing.

I'll take "fewer than ever", for what it's worth.

... this is my signature!
17-03-2016, 02:31 PM
(17-03-2016 02:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It's a Commonwealth phrase dating back to the aftermath of WWI.

Good to know.

(17-03-2016 02:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'll take "fewer than ever", for what it's worth.

I would say it's worth much.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-03-2016, 02:56 PM
(17-03-2016 01:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 12:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fuck these terrorists. Dropping bombs on their ass while they're at home with their families doesn't bother me at all.

So you support murdering children?

No, I support the klling of terrorists, and I accept the necessary collateral damage that comes with it. We could go back to whatever point in history and see war has always been like that, but even in recent history, Obama and George Bush have both given orders that have killed women and children. Trump was stupid to say it how he did. He make it sound heartless. But we already know he's not PC. Obama kills women and children with drone strikes but uses PC terms like "collateral damage" and "acceptable non-combatant losses." Trump just came out and said drop bombs on terrorist families. It was harsh to say it like he did but let's be real. It's been going on in war for all of history and its never going to change.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-03-2016, 03:04 PM
(17-03-2016 10:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If he's elected, we may well see a clash in the South China Sea anyway.

That's true, it's not like it's either Trump OR violence around the world. The two are far from mutually exclusive.
17-03-2016, 03:11 PM
(17-03-2016 03:04 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 10:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If he's elected, we may well see a clash in the South China Sea anyway.

That's true, it's not like it's either Trump OR violence around the world. The two are far from mutually exclusive.

The number one risk they state is a sharp downturn in the Chinese economy. That and a blustering narcissist as American president-cum-wannabe-strongman would make a SCS dustup unpleasantly more likely.

... this is my signature!
17-03-2016, 07:51 PM
The Trumpster's rhetoric of grandiose promises, "believe me" and bullshit are his long time schtick. He promises things, and feels nothing when he regularly breaks them. Over and over.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...ss-empire/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-03-2016, 12:13 AM
(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 01:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  So you support murdering children?

No, I support the klling of terrorists, and I accept the necessary collateral damage that comes with it.

That's called rationalization and deflection of responsibility. It is still murder of children (who are entirely innocent) whether you're killing terrorists or not.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
18-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Shut up GenesisNemesis. Bombing the middle east to fuck is *necessary*. Creating the next generation of terrorists whose lives are so fucking shitty that they don't value them at all, and who will obligingly blow up small amounts of people all over the world thus justifying insane amounts of weaponry and authoritarian regimes to "protect" the public, is a very important task.

At the same time we must be careful to encourage the refugees from the crisis we have created to stay the fuck at home and become radicalized or just simply die, because we sure as fuck don't want them coming over here and taking our jobs / being terrifyingly different / being Muslim and we're scared some of the terrorists we created may be among them.

In summary:
  • We must bomb the middle east.
  • Anyone who tries to run away from the bombing must either be allowed to do so then treated like dogshit, or not allowed to.
  • This is the best and only plan for lasting peace. Keep those brown people firmly in their place.
  • PS Same applies to the Mexicans.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post