Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks
(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It was harsh to say it like he did but let's be real. It's been going on in war for all of history and its never going to change.

And Man has ALWAYS lived in caves, right?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 02:05 AM
(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I support the klling of terrorists, and I accept the necessary collateral damage that comes with it.

So do the terrorists. At least you have that in common.

(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obama and George Bush have both given orders that have killed women and children.

And now you can see why 9/11.

(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump was stupid to say it how he did. He make it sound heartless.

That's because it is. Here in the West, we are supposedly civilised and supposedly have progressed beyond the killing of innocent women and children. It would appear not.

(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But we already know he's not PC.

And now so do the terrorists.

(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump just came out and said drop bombs on terrorist families.

Then don't be surprised when the terrorists do likewise. Just hope that it's not you and yours that gets it.

(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It was harsh to say it like he did but let's be real.

Things can be otherwise. That can be real too - if we want it to be.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 4 users Like god has no twitter account's post
18-03-2016, 05:58 AM
(17-03-2016 02:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump just came out and said drop bombs on terrorist families. It was harsh to say it like he did but let's be real. It's been going on in war for all of history and its never going to change.

Looking at what he actually said, he made it sound more like you have to target their families specifically because they only care about the lives of their families. There is nothing in here about the families being collateral damage or a necessary loss. His tactic is explicitly to target the families of terrorists because they don't care about their own lives, but they care about their families.

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families,"

Now, in all fairness, he also didn't say "bomb". Maybe he just advocates torture, or something. I don't know. He's purposefully vague on almost everything he says.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-03-2016, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 06:53 AM by Brian37.)
I am all for going after violent people. I am also for blasphemy of ANY and ALL religiously justified violence no matter which right wing nut of any religion calls for it.

BUT, I will never be for blanket guilt by association of my fellow human beings by use of political fear. Ideas and claims do NOT deserve to be ridicule or blasphemy free. But I am getting sick of my fellow humans of ALL religions making global politics a stupid and petty sky daddy war that pits otherwise reasonable humans, or what could be reasonable humans against each other. ALL THREE religions or guilty of this. But only one religion has a strong enough MINORITY still holding most of Islam hostage. I want the East to be as open as the west and as free as the west. NO, the west by no means is perfect, but we are STILL much further ahead on protecting pluralism and speech.

I am for the empathy for the likes of Ann Frank, and Martin Luther King Jr, and Malala, they all represent the awesome side of my fellow humans. I would have no problem with ANY religion if MOST humans reflected their empathy. THIS IS WHY religion cannot be allowed to a pedestal, not because there aren't decent people who hold religious beliefs, there are. But in that we cannot allow the violent sub sects cover to hide behind the rest of the civil world.

The worst idea my fellow humans needlessly self inflicted on themselves is the idea of a "chosen people" and with all the sub sects of all three religions, and all of those sub sects competing to control the narrative of what constitutes the "right way", and while it certainly would be delusional for any competing sect to expect a utopia were everyone else follows, we cannot afford to allow religion to infect politics to the point of instability, locally or globally. The world is simply too small, and the days of dominionism anyone's part need to be scrapped. WE STILL ARE ULTIMATELY THE SAME SPECIES!

I will not however, play nice with my words when someone uses holy writings of ANY religion to justify sexism, bigotry but especially violence. Trump represents the worst in our species. The idea that scapegoating is the same thing as criticism, satire, ridicule or blasphemy. It is not. It is simply selling fear with no other objective than to prey of the paranoid.

Empathy for your fellow humans isn't about never offending or never getting offended. Civility isn't about never offending or getting offended, but how one responds in the face of those situations. You can blaspheme and ridicule without being a bigot. You can face humanity with a mirror to their own transgressions and bluntly so, without making sweeping judgments about individuals. And the best way to marginalize assholes like Trump, and Tea Party Nuts and violent Islam, is too treat a fellow human as an individual, and treat ideas and claims as credibility issue. It is not OK to act out in violence because someone pissed you off. It is not ok to imply violence no matter how vile the other person is. It should matter more to my fellow humans, to insist on non violence even in the face of getting offended.

But politicians, locally and globally especially, have a duty to the world, all 7 billion of us, to put diplomacy FIRST! This is still the only home all 7 billion of us have.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2016, 06:59 AM
I would put Donald Trump right up there with carbon dioxide.

In 1980/81, there were many who feared this B-movie actor coming out to D.C. from California. I assured them, without laughing at them of course, that nothing was going to change. Put that move to Canada or the Soviet Union on hold for a couple of years.

A few retired air traffic controllers might argue the point, but Jessie Jackson might also have fired them. The government and national debt continued to grow just fine. I think those frightened people were a little embarrassed in 1988.