Trump rape allegation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Trump rape allegation
(21-07-2016 10:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 10:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  Erm, victims have axes to grind...

Innocent till proven guilty not an idea you entertain??

Like said before, I have no proper info on this case and hence no opinion. I do, however, have plenty of info on rape and it's victims so I am commenting on those statements.

I am talking about rape in general and just addressing misconceptions as I see them crop up.

I have no idea whether Trump raped her or who she is or what her motives are.

What I am saying is that timing cannot be used as a measure of veracity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2016, 11:15 AM
(21-07-2016 11:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 07:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'd be surprised if someone like Trump hadn't attempted rape at least once in his life.

"Someone like Trump"....

If I didn't know better -- I'd say you're stereotyping.....

So which group is it that makes him a potential rapist to you??

White
Rich
American
Owns a dick.

The group full of spoilt, entitled, bigotted, ignorant and narcissistic twats. Being white, rich, American or a dick owner is not a requirement to be part of that group.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
21-07-2016, 11:16 AM
(21-07-2016 11:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  "Arrogant narcissist" is a better fit than any of those.

Damn, forgot to include arrogant in my list.
21-07-2016, 11:20 AM
(21-07-2016 11:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 10:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Innocent till proven guilty not an idea you entertain??

Like said before, I have no proper info on this case and hence no opinion. I do, however, have plenty of info on rape and it's victims so I am commenting on those statements.

I am talking about rape in general and just addressing misconceptions as I see them crop up.

I think in this case it can.... I agree with you about what you've said about victims -- but there's one difference here ----

You said ---

Let's assume the guy who raped me was out of my life, and, not having reported it at the time (in real life I would not report rape) I just went on about my life trying to forget.

Now the guy is plastered over every TV screen every day and running for Prez.

Correct -- except one thing....

He's been all over the TV for YEARS with his TV show.... If she'd came forward when his TV show first came on -- I'd be much more likely to agree with you.....

But ---

That's not what happened.....

She waited til he got the GOP nomination.....

Yeah -- that makes the timing suspect......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-07-2016, 11:21 AM
(21-07-2016 11:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  "Arrogant narcissist" is a better fit than any of those.

He certainly does SEEM that way....

But I don't know... I've never met the man -- only seen him on a TV show.....

I don't tend to think that Reality TV - is...

I have to admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable with all this myself. I have no idea what Trump is really like. Based on his public persona, it wouldn't surprise me if he did rape someone somewhere along the way. But it also wouldn't surprise me if this is a manufactured smear campaign.

Of course, on the other side, we have the Republicans suggesting that Clinton belongs in front of a firing squad. This is already a nasty campaign on both sides, and it's only just beginning. What fun. The whole campaign is going to be "This is why you should hate the other candidate more than you hate me."
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 11:22 AM
(21-07-2016 11:15 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Someone like Trump"....

If I didn't know better -- I'd say you're stereotyping.....

So which group is it that makes him a potential rapist to you??

White
Rich
American
Owns a dick.

The group full of spoilt, entitled, bigotted, ignorant and narcissistic twats. Being white, rich, American or a dick owner is not a requirement to be part of that group.

I'm not familiar with that group.. Who are they????

And how is it that you know Mr. Trump so well on a personal basis that you know he's a member of aforementioned group????

You saw it on TV???

Welllll

It MUST be true then, right????

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-07-2016, 11:23 AM
(21-07-2016 05:43 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Nope. I'm only familiar with the Bill Clinton rapes.

You mean Hillary not Bill.

#sigh
21-07-2016, 11:25 AM
(21-07-2016 11:21 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  He certainly does SEEM that way....

But I don't know... I've never met the man -- only seen him on a TV show.....

I don't tend to think that Reality TV - is...

I have to admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable with all this myself. I have no idea what Trump is really like. Based on his public persona, it wouldn't surprise me if he did rape someone somewhere along the way. But it also wouldn't surprise me if this is a manufactured smear campaign.

Of course, on the other side, we have the Republicans suggesting that Clinton belongs in front of a firing squad. This is already a nasty campaign on both sides, and it's only just beginning. What fun. The whole campaign is going to be "This is why you should hate the other candidate more than you hate me."

Ding Ding Ding!!!!

We have a winner!!!!!!!

It's easy to say somebody's guilty of something -- because we don't like their TV personality......

Doubly so - -when they're "from the other side of the aisle"......

21-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(21-07-2016 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And how is it that you know Mr. Trump so well on a personal basis that you know he's a member of aforementioned group????

You saw it on TV???

Welllll

It MUST be true then, right????

Because even if he doesn't believe anything he is saying he's still a twat for publicly stating such things. He's had a detrimental effect on the political landscape.

Probability is though that it isn't an act.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
21-07-2016, 11:30 AM
(21-07-2016 11:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Like said before, I have no proper info on this case and hence no opinion. I do, however, have plenty of info on rape and it's victims so I am commenting on those statements.

I think in this case it can.... I agree with you about what you've said about victims -- but there's one difference here ----

You said ---

Let's assume the guy who raped me was out of my life, and, not having reported it at the time (in real life I would not report rape) I just went on about my life trying to forget.

Now the guy is plastered over every TV screen every day and running for Prez.

Correct -- except one thing....

He's been all over the TV for YEARS with his TV show.... If she'd came forward when his TV show first came on -- I'd be much more likely to agree with you.....

But ---

That's not what happened.....

She waited til he got the GOP nomination.....

Yeah -- that makes the timing suspect......

Going by myself, I knew he existed for years, but I never watched his show or saw him in anything until he started running for prez. He is now everywhere you look at all. Before, he was confined to a show of a genre I do not watch.

If you are going to rely on timing to make your case, you have no case. There have to be some better arguments than assuming you know what may or may not have triggered a victim...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man