Trump rape allegation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Trump rape allegation
(21-07-2016 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Going by myself, I knew he existed for years, but I never watched his show or saw him in anything until he started running for prez. He is now everywhere you look at all. Before, he was confined to a show of a genre I do not watch.

If you are going to rely on timing to make your case, you have no case. There have to be some better arguments than assuming you know what may or may not have triggered alleged victim...

There, I fixed it for ya.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
21-07-2016, 01:53 PM
(21-07-2016 11:53 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Going by myself, I knew he existed for years, but I never watched his show or saw him in anything until he started running for prez. He is now everywhere you look at all. Before, he was confined to a show of a genre I do not watch.

If you are going to rely on timing to make your case, you have no case. There have to be some better arguments than assuming you know what may or may not have triggered alleged victim...

There, I fixed it for ya.

I am going to nitpick a little bit, but in a case like this the victim isn't on trial only the accused person is. The presumption of innocence of a person who is accused isn't extented to a presumption of guilt toward the victim. The presumption of innocence is the idea that jurors should approach all proofs with an equally skeptical, yet open mind. Our system of justice isn't interested in establishing the innocence of the person who has been accused. It simply judge his guilt and being not guilty doesn't necessarly mean you are believed innocent. Even should Trump be judge non guilty of such accusation this doesn't mean the the person who accused him isn't a victim or guilty of anything reprehensible. In fact, the term victim in such a case refer to a legal status that has nothing to do with innocence or guilt of the person accused. Here is a small article on the subject that you might want to read before playing semmentic again.

https://law.lclark.edu/live/files/21940-...11th-edpdf

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
21-07-2016, 02:47 PM
(21-07-2016 01:53 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:53 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  There, I fixed it for ya.

I am going to nitpick a little bit, but in a case like this the victim isn't on trial only the accused person is. The presumption of innocence of a person who is accused isn't extented to a presumption of guilt toward the victim. The presumption of innocence is the idea that jurors should approach all proofs with an equally skeptical, yet open mind. Our system of justice isn't interested in establishing the innocence of the person who has been accused. It simply judge his guilt and being not guilty doesn't necessarly mean you are believed innocent. Even should Trump be judge non guilty of such accusation this doesn't mean the the person who accused him isn't a victim or guilty of anything reprehensible. In fact, the term victim in such a case refer to a legal status that has nothing to do with innocence or guilt of the person accused. Here is a small article on the subject that you might want to read before playing semmentic again.

Except -- there never will be any trial.... The SOL ran out over 15 years ago.

So in this case - all you have is an alleged victim, making accusations --- then the accused really doesn't have ANY decent recourse - except to ignore it and wait for it to go away......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Trump is a lot of things, a lot of bad things. However, I seriously doubt he would do something like that. I call BS on this one.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-07-2016, 03:14 PM
(21-07-2016 01:53 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:53 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  There, I fixed it for ya.

If you gonna nitpick...

Since this case is not yet ( and it probably never will be ) a legal matter within the criminal justice system , using "victim" as legal status term is inappropriate, this is not a legal matter, at least not yet.
Not to mention that Dom's intended use of the "victim" wasn't as a legal status term, was it?

My objection to Dom's post stands for the exact reasons stated in the link you provided

While“victim” is a legal status that does not have any relationship to a defendant’s guilt or innocence, courts are often hesitant to permit the use of the term “victim” during trial. This hesitancy stems from a concern that the term “victim”conclusively states a crime has occurred; and, therefore, that its use is prejudicial, and violates a defendant’s constitutional due process right to a fair trial.

Also...

When the use of the term “victim” is at issue,
courts tend to distinguish cases in which it is
uncontested that a crime has occurred and only
the identity of the perpetrator is at issue, from
those cases that involve a question of whether a
crime occurred at all.

...even if this case went to court , the use of the term "victim" would be questionable since the main issue would be if the crime was even committed or not. Again, that is from the link you provided.

My objection to Dom's post stands.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
21-07-2016, 03:45 PM
(21-07-2016 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And how is it that you know Mr. Trump so well on a personal basis that you know he's a member of aforementioned group????

You saw it on TV???

Welllll

It MUST be true then, right????

Consider

Do you know Trump personally? Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
21-07-2016, 04:14 PM
(21-07-2016 05:46 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This allegedly happened 20 years ago.........

And SUDDENLY --- it's now an issue for her....

Odd timing, huh????

Trump is an egotistical maniac. He's a buffoon, a clown without a red nose and probably a racist to boot..............

But this woman - ain't convincing anybody of anything......

Smells like bullshit to me..........
WHy doesn't she just add her name to the Bill Cosby class action rape suit?
21-07-2016, 04:49 PM
(21-07-2016 03:14 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 01:53 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I am going to nitpick a little bit, but in a case like this the victim isn't on trial only the accused person is. The presumption of innocence of a person who is accused isn't extented to a presumption of guilt toward the victim. The presumption of innocence is the idea that jurors should approach all proofs with an equally skeptical, yet open mind. Our system of justice isn't interested in establishing the innocence of the person who has been accused. It simply judge his guilt and being not guilty doesn't necessarly mean you are believed innocent. Even should Trump be judge non guilty of such accusation this doesn't mean the the person who accused him isn't a victim or guilty of anything reprehensible. In fact, the term victim in such a case refer to a legal status that has nothing to do with innocence or guilt of the person accused. Here is a small article on the subject that you might want to read before playing semmentic again.

If you gonna nitpick...

Since this case is not yet ( and it probably never will be ) a legal matter within the criminal justice system , using "victim" as legal status term is inappropriate, this is not a legal matter, at least not yet.
Not to mention that Dom's intended use of the "victim" wasn't as a legal status term, was it?

My objection to Dom's post stands for the exact reasons stated in the link you provided

While“victim” is a legal status that does not have any relationship to a defendant’s guilt or innocence, courts are often hesitant to permit the use of the term “victim” during trial. This hesitancy stems from a concern that the term “victim”conclusively states a crime has occurred; and, therefore, that its use is prejudicial, and violates a defendant’s constitutional due process right to a fair trial.

Also...

When the use of the term “victim” is at issue,
courts tend to distinguish cases in which it is
uncontested that a crime has occurred and only
the identity of the perpetrator is at issue, from
those cases that involve a question of whether a
crime occurred at all.

...even if this case went to court , the use of the term "victim" would be questionable since the main issue would be if the crime was even committed or not. Again, that is from the link you provided.

My objection to Dom's post stands.

You are both right. I see both points. Different perspectives.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2016, 05:06 PM
I must admit I feel sorry for my American friends having to endure such a long campaign. We recently had an election. I am unsure how long it took. About 2 months or so.

Perhaps another Australian can clarify. My head is spinning.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-07-2016, 05:18 PM
(21-07-2016 02:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Except -- there never will be any trial.... The SOL ran out over 15 years ago.

Depends on the State. In NY there is no statute of limitations for "Rape; Criminal sexual act; Aggravated sexual abuse; Course of sexual conduct against a child."

#sigh