Trump reverses course on climate change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Trump reverses course on climate change?
[Image: 2424836-waterworld_jewel_case_front_cover.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-11-2016, 03:29 PM
(23-11-2016 03:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 01:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yes, by all means, let's make this a thread about sailing, and by the second page no less!

Come to think of it, tangentially speaking, if predictions of climate change and sea level rise prove correct, sailing will become very much a part of the conversation. Smartass

I plan on buying some cheap antarctic land. The investment will pay off when it becomes warm, beach front property which I can then develop.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-11-2016, 03:32 PM
(23-11-2016 03:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 01:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yes, by all means, let's make this a thread about sailing, and by the second page no less!

Come to think of it, tangentially speaking, if predictions of climate change and sea level rise prove correct, sailing will become very much a part of the conversation. Smartass

And you're going to need those skills more than most. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-11-2016, 03:36 PM
(23-11-2016 03:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 03:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Come to think of it, tangentially speaking, if predictions of climate change and sea level rise prove correct, sailing will become very much a part of the conversation. Smartass

I plan on buying some cheap antarctic land. The investment will pay off when it becomes warm, beach front property which I can then develop.

Better hurry. The best parts have already been claimed. I'm going with Clan Norway manifest destining the whole thing.

[Image: antarctic_zpsmjzoag7y.png]

#sigh
23-11-2016, 03:41 PM
(23-11-2016 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 03:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I plan on buying some cheap antarctic land. The investment will pay off when it becomes warm, beach front property which I can then develop.

Better hurry. The best parts have already been claimed. I'm going with Clan Norway manifest destining the whole thing.

Does this mean a battle royal between Argentina, Chile, and Britain? And are the Aussies going to try to squeeze France out of there? The suspense is killing me.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-11-2016, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 04:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-11-2016 03:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Better hurry. The best parts have already been claimed. I'm going with Clan Norway manifest destining the whole thing.

Does this mean a battle royal between Argentina, Chile, and Britain? And are the Aussies going to try to squeeze France out of there? The suspense is killing me.

Argentina is still busy with the Falklands. France forgot they had a claim. NZ already has an established Maori settlement. Britain gave up their claim with Brexit. Norway has an Olympic training facility there. It's all very exciting to watch.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-11-2016, 04:10 PM
(23-11-2016 03:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 03:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Come to think of it, tangentially speaking, if predictions of climate change and sea level rise prove correct, sailing will become very much a part of the conversation. Smartass

And you're going to need those skills more than most. Big Grin

Well, I got a good start then, I can curse like a sailor in two languages, more are easily added.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-11-2016, 04:11 PM
(23-11-2016 04:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 03:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And you're going to need those skills more than most. Big Grin

Well, I got a good start then, I can curse like a sailor in two languages, more are easily added.

German doesn't count. They sound like they're cussing all the time.

#sigh
23-11-2016, 04:29 PM
(22-11-2016 04:25 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Does anyone buy all this walking back he is doing?

Either
- He lied to his supporters and wants his opponents to trust him.
- He's lying to his opponents.
- He's lying to everybody.
- He's simply incoherent.

Not sure which option(s) make him least trustworthy. Consider

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-11-2016, 04:38 PM
(23-11-2016 04:29 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 04:25 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Does anyone buy all this walking back he is doing?

Either
- He lied to his supporters and wants his opponents to trust him.
- He's lying to his opponents.
- He's lying to everybody.
- He's simply incoherent.

Not sure which option(s) make him least trustworthy. Consider

The first three would apply to most politicians. I've stopped expecting them to be trustworthy.