Trump's Demagoguery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 12:38 PM
RE: Trump's Demagoguery
(10-11-2016 12:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

Machines can only do so much.

People really don't want to pay $20 for a head of lettuce.

People complain about them stealing jobs until they realize they're not jobs they'd want to do.

No kidding -- no one wants to be the line cook or wash dishes. The good ones are almost always illegals.

Not to mention the landscaping and construction companies.

We had our roof done a couple years ago, the roofing people were great -- but the ones who did all the hauling, cleaning up and delivering bottles of water to the roofers all couldn't speak a word of English.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 12:47 PM
(10-11-2016 12:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  People complain about them stealing jobs until they realize they're not jobs they'd want to do.

No kidding -- no one wants to be the line cook or wash dishes. The good ones are almost always illegals.

Not to mention the landscaping and construction companies.

We had our roof done a couple years ago, the roofing people were great -- but the ones who did all the hauling, cleaning up and delivering bottles of water to the roofers all couldn't speak a word of English.

Yep, they usually get all the backbreaking stuff that pays next to nothing.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
10-11-2016, 12:51 PM
They also clean our houses, hotels and motels (even the very shitty ones). In fact, illegal immigrants have shown one thing: the American society and economy can arbor more immigrants than the number that are allowed to come legally.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
10-11-2016, 01:16 PM
A checklist for surviving Trump's America
http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7041368...ps-america

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-11-2016, 01:19 PM
There are about 50,000 illegal Irish in the states. A lot of them would be in construction. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump used them as cheap labour to build his silly wall.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
10-11-2016, 01:23 PM
It is as good a time as any to get mad and get the leadership we really need and want.

https://www.good.is/articles/moore-five-point-plan

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
10-11-2016, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 01:44 PM by Commonsensei.)
The true problem is this electoral voting system.

7% of presidents that have won not because they had the most votes. But because the Electoral College voted to put them in.

When every ballot is counted Hillary had 59,938,290. 48% of the nation. Trump had 59,704,886. 47% of the nation. That means there are 233,404 voters votes that didn't make a difference. Because of the Electoral College we aren't voting for who we want to be president. We are voting for who we want to vote for us to vote for president. And depending who that is and what state they resided in is how powerful their vote counts.

This can be said for both party's. In 2012 Mitt Romney had close to 4 million votes here in California. But since the representative was democrat the vote went to Obama.

It also happened with George Bush and Al Gore. Gore won the popular, Bush won the electoral.

Don't hate the player Hate the Game.

So congratulation LDH your team won, due to a technicality. I hope you enjoy these next 4 years.

I wont be able to.

I've been spending such a tremendous amount of my time trying to find someone that I would be able to relate to. That I could see project ideals that I could stand behind. Someone with the qualification to fit the postion. These candidates were not them. I've always tried to listen to both sides. I don't like signing onto a party because if someone on any party has the best quantification's for the job they should be in charge. I didn't not see that leadership, that understanding, that commitment. In the candidate your party moved to the front of the line. And if I was a member of the republican party I might even be embarrassed for who they let lead. But that's just me. Everyone has their own opinion. I just don't like men that step on the little guy. Hypocrites, and blow hard's. But that's just me.

Now it's very easy for people to blame the media. Knowing people that work on that end of the camera, you know they are just as much vitums are they are committers. They make their money from people that watch them. From commercial investors that pay for slots during peak hours of their shows. So how do you get the most monies. Shock and aw. No one gives a shit about the cat fashion show. But show people a drunk teenage in a car wreck that kills six people, then gets off with a wrist slap. That gets ratings! That is why when ever you turn on the news it's never good. They have to weed threw everyday events to find the worst, most shocking events to get to find the thing that will make people upset, to keep watching their shows.

Trump was their flag ship. Trump depended tremendously on the media. If it wasn't for them, he would have been nothing more then an after thought. But it gave them ratings, and they needed that. They wanted that.

So yeah the media is to blame. But it's only because the give the only thing people want to see.

I find it funny how for the last 8 years I've heard fox news, and many coworkers refer to president Obama as a Celebrity president. How it was a bad thing, that he should have spent more time in the office then out. But now they actually are putting a celebrity in the white house, that is a real celebrity president. and they can't wait to jump in bed with him.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
10-11-2016, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 01:55 PM by dancefortwo.)
(10-11-2016 11:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 11:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Look you fucking idiot. Those illegals are the ones that do the shit work in this country and they do it for almost nothing. Have you ever picked a field of lettuce? Have you ever watched illegal aliens harvest strawberries? It's back breaking work. How much are you and your fellow trump lovers willing to pay for vegetables picked by white Americans who would only want to be paid a decent wage to do this shit work? Are you willing to pay $12 dollars for a goddamn head of lettuce? Because that's what it would cost to actually pay people to do it who aren't illegal aliens. You're an idiot.

I lived in the Central valley of California for 15 years and it is this area which produces most of the vegetables and produce in the US. Without illegal aliens willing to come up here from Mexico and pick your fucking food out of the ground for pennies an hour, with no unions, no health insurance and being exposed to horrible pesticides you'd fucking starve.

Take your trump shit somewhere else you asshole!

Hahahaha. Damn. I actually feel bad for you. You're obviously very upset over this. I told you all months ago Trump would win. You shouldn't have put so much faith in an obviously flawed candidate. You believed the media and got all gassed up and then you got popped.

I hope you enjoy our republican president. And our republican house of representatives. And our republican senate. And our conservative Supreme Court that will last 30-40 years.

I hate being a dick but damn. Some of you are just rotten.

We'll be laughing at Hillary's supposed better ground game for years. That GOTV that was supposedly better than the RNC. And that "blue wall" that the Trump Train crashed right through.

You all lost. No more Syrian refugees. No more illegal immigrants. No more anchor babies. No more leftist agendas. No more common core. No more endless EPA regulations. No more illegal executive orders. No chance for you on the Supreme Court for a LONG time.

I tried to tell you. You should have went into November 8th knowing Hillary would lose.

(10-11-2016 11:25 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I told you all months ago Trump would win

I'll let you in on a little secret, you small brained little idiot. His winning does not make him right. If winning is "right" then Hitler was correct and killing millions of Jews was the best thing ever.

And if you think illegal immigrants are simply going away with the wave of trumps little hands you're delusional. You're as delusional as your fellow Jesus believing evangelicals who voted for this demagogue. Immigrants will continue to pour into this country, especially from Mexico, because farmers need them. They do our shit work for us and I appreciate that.

But you and your bigoted friends have been brainwashed by bigoted politicians that illegals are sucking our country dry. Nothing could be further from the truth. If illegal Mexicans suddenly disappeared the American economy would fucking collapse.

I think you must be 12 years old and still living in your mother's basement. Your grasp of complex issues is simplistic and one dimensional.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Trump's Demagoguery
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, Arizona etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

I don't think them people should be taken advantage of like that. They do backbreaking work for very little pay.

They should be allowed to come in the country legally on a work visa and get paid a better wage then they are getting now.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
(10-11-2016 01:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'll let you in on a little secret, you small brained little idiot. His winning does not make him right. If winning is "right" then Hitler was correct and killing millions of Jews was the best thing ever.

And if you think illegal immigrants are simply going away with the wave of trumps little hands you're delusional. You're as delusional as your fellow Jesus believing evangelicals who voted for this demagogue. Immigrants will continue to pour into this country, especially from Mexico, because farmers need them. They do our shit work for us and I appreciate that.

But you and your bigoted friends have been brainwashed by bigoted politicians that illegals are sucking our country dry. Nothing could be further from the truth. If illegal Mexicans suddenly disappeared the American economy would fucking collapse.

I think you must be 12 years old and still living in your mother's basement. Your grasp of complex issues is simplistic and one dimensional.

While I agree with you regarding Lord Dick Head being a small brained idiot, I do not agree with Americans ripping people off. Such as wait staff and the like. Company owners getting customers to pay them etc.

Your country is in need of a proper and decent minimum wage. In fact it needs to leave the 1800's and join the 21st century.

You need a working medical system. Why? It is cheaper and healthier for the population at large.

Look at Australia. I am alive, as an example. Were I American I'd be long dead.

(10-11-2016 02:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, Arizona etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

I don't think them people should be taken advantage of like that. They do backbreaking work for very little pay.

They should be allowed to come in the country legally on a work visa and get paid a better wage then they are getting now.

I agree with Kusa here.

The slave owner mentality still exists in the USA. I see it on these forums all the time written unknowingly by freethinkers and liberals.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post