Trump's Demagoguery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Trump's Demagoguery
(10-11-2016 01:32 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The true problem is this electoral voting system.

7% of presidents that have won not because they had the most votes. But because the Electoral College voted to put them in.

When every ballot is counted Hillary had 59,938,290. 48% of the nation. Trump had 59,704,886. 47% of the nation. That means there are 233,404 voters votes that didn't make a difference. Because of the Electoral College we aren't voting for who we want to be president. We are voting for who we want to vote for us to vote for president. And depending who that is and what state they resided in is how powerful their vote counts.

This can be said for both party's. In 2012 Mitt Romney had close to 4 million votes here in California. But since the representative was democrat the vote went to Obama.

It also happened with George Bush and Al Gore. Gore won the popular, Bush won the electoral.

The electoral college is a more fair system as it doesn't let a large population in one state to dominate the election over the other states.

California has a lot of voters. If they have a very high percentage voting one way then it would determine the president regardless of what the other states want. Why should California pick the president? This is the United States. Each state should have its fair say so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Trump's Demagoguery
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, Arizona etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

Machines can only do so much.

People really don't want to pay $20 for a head of lettuce.

I lived near Fresno for 15 years and went to Fresno State University. The farmers there rely on the migrant workers for so much. Not just picking the fruits and vegetables but packing them up too.

I've seen them pick grapes, tie up thousands of stalks of some sort of plant with a string so whatever it was growing would grow straight. They'd do it all by hand and stooped over all day. They work in the asparagus fields tending the ground around each asparagus plant, going up and down each row all day long. They'd put up these tent structures to protect some of the plants from the glaring sun.

I used to see them cut the broccoli heads off and put them in a moving basket. They have to be very careful with the tomato plants. I got used to watching them in the grape fields across from the house we lived in. Down the way were the migrant shacks they lived in. Some of them had dirt floors. And it's horribly hot, dry and dusty there. A good portion of the summer is in the upper 90's and 105 degrees is very common.

Most of them would travel from place to place and send the money they made home to Mexico to their families. My dad was a principal of a school near Fresno and the Mexican migrant students would attend school for a short time, then move on to the next seasonal crop going up north, so those students would leave school. Sometimes he'd see the same students the next spring on their way south with the spring crops. There was always an ebb and flow of migrant workers in the Central Valley of California, going up and down that huge valley every year. It was as consistent as the Nile flooding in Egypt.

From what I've read it's pretty much the same today.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-11-2016, 03:58 PM
(10-11-2016 02:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'll let you in on a little secret, you small brained little idiot. His winning does not make him right. If winning is "right" then Hitler was correct and killing millions of Jews was the best thing ever.

And if you think illegal immigrants are simply going away with the wave of trumps little hands you're delusional. You're as delusional as your fellow Jesus believing evangelicals who voted for this demagogue. Immigrants will continue to pour into this country, especially from Mexico, because farmers need them. They do our shit work for us and I appreciate that.

But you and your bigoted friends have been brainwashed by bigoted politicians that illegals are sucking our country dry. Nothing could be further from the truth. If illegal Mexicans suddenly disappeared the American economy would fucking collapse.

I think you must be 12 years old and still living in your mother's basement. Your grasp of complex issues is simplistic and one dimensional.

While I agree with you regarding Lord Dick Head being a small brained idiot, I do not agree with Americans ripping people off. Such as wait staff and the like. Company owners getting customers to pay them etc.

Your country is in need of a proper and decent minimum wage. In fact it needs to leave the 1800's and join the 21st century.

You need a working medical system. Why? It is cheaper and healthier for the population at large.

Look at Australia. I am alive, as an example. Were I American I'd be long dead.

(10-11-2016 02:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I don't think them people should be taken advantage of like that. They do backbreaking work for very little pay.

They should be allowed to come in the country legally on a work visa and get paid a better wage then they are getting now.

I agree with Kusa here.

The slave owner mentality still exists in the USA. I see it on these forums all the time written unknowingly by freethinkers and liberals.

I would have either killed someone or myself with out access to psychiatric meds I get that from our health services in the UK. Banjo is right.
10-11-2016, 03:59 PM
(10-11-2016 03:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:32 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The true problem is this electoral voting system.

7% of presidents that have won not because they had the most votes. But because the Electoral College voted to put them in.

When every ballot is counted Hillary had 59,938,290. 48% of the nation. Trump had 59,704,886. 47% of the nation. That means there are 233,404 voters votes that didn't make a difference. Because of the Electoral College we aren't voting for who we want to be president. We are voting for who we want to vote for us to vote for president. And depending who that is and what state they resided in is how powerful their vote counts.

This can be said for both party's. In 2012 Mitt Romney had close to 4 million votes here in California. But since the representative was democrat the vote went to Obama.

It also happened with George Bush and Al Gore. Gore won the popular, Bush won the electoral.

The electoral college is a more fair system as it doesn't let a large population in one state to dominate the election over the other states.

California has a lot of voters. If they have a very high percentage voting one way then it would determine the president regardless of what the other states want. Why should California pick the president? This is the United States. Each state should have its fair say so.

Do you not understand that the number of electors each state gets is proportional to population? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2016, 04:03 PM
(10-11-2016 02:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, Arizona etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

Machines can only do so much.

People really don't want to pay $20 for a head of lettuce.

I don't think them people should be taken advantage of like that. They do backbreaking work for very little pay.

They should be allowed to come in the country legally on a work visa and get paid a better wage then they are getting now.

I agree except they'd want more pay for the work. And again, no wants to pay more for anything.

That $20 head of lettuce is no joke. Considering restaurants charge a hefty markup on food at an independently owned (not a chain) pub you can end up paying $60 bucks for a burger and fries.

Let's look at this way, Wall-Mart sells clothing at a cheap price to their customers...where does it come from? Sweatshops in other countries.

Why? Because buying from clothing only made here, with textiles only produced here would be too expensive for the average Walmart customer to afford.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 04:12 PM
(10-11-2016 11:00 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I dont see illegal immigrants mentioned. He never used that word, and in this context i cant see how he only could have referred to illegals as rapists.
It's about grammar.
A 6th grader or below would know what Trump really meant.

Anyone with a reasonable grasp of grammar would have thought he is a bigot, sexist, aggressive warmonger.
10-11-2016, 04:22 PM
10-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Trump's Demagoguery
(10-11-2016 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not understand that the number of electors each state gets is proportional to population? Facepalm

Don't face palm me bro. Yes, it is proportional but it limits how much each state can contribute.

51% get all the electoral votes, 75% doesn't give you anymore votes. If it were popular vote then the 75% would count more.
10-11-2016, 07:15 PM
(10-11-2016 03:33 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

So every voter should not have an equal vote, according to you. Voters in less populated states should count as more than 1 vote.
Fuck.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2016, 07:36 PM
(10-11-2016 10:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But I did sign up to volunteer for the Democratic party to fight this asshole and keep the liberal, secular, modern science issues going. I just can't sit back and do nothing anymore. If trump has done one thing it's stirred me out of complacency.

Good for you. Thumbsup Make America Great Again. We should co-opt this phrase for ourselves.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?