RE: Trump's Demagoguery
[Image: tumblr_mhq348perB1rhxd21o2_250_zps0f01993c.gif]

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 07:59 PM
(10-11-2016 07:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_mhq348perB1rhxd21o2_250_zps0f01993c.gif]

You know LDH, one of the things that distinguishes a mature adult from a child is how one wins a game. I guess you've never played sports did you, because they usually teach the participants how to be a gracious winner and not taunt their opponent. You don't see professional sportsmen and women dance around their rivals after winning a game and stick their tongues out and go "na..na..na...na...naaaah". They'd be kicked off the team. This is what a five year old does. I guess your parents never taught you this concept, did they?

Well, you need to learn now......grow the hell up.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-11-2016, 08:13 PM
(10-11-2016 07:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You know LDH, one of the things that distinguishes a mature adult from a child is how one wins a game. I guess you've never played sports did you, because they usually teach the participants how to be a gracious winner and not taunt their opponent. You don't see professional sportsmen and women dance around their rivals after winning a game and stick their tongues out and go "na..na..na...na...naaaah". They'd be kicked off the team. This is what a five year old does. I guess your parents never taught you this concept, did they?

Well, you need to learn now......grow the hell up.

I thought he was actualy a good sport so far (okay he did chuckled and gloated a bit, but I would expect it). Considering the number of personal attack and threat of humilation he faced, he isn't so bad.

PS: by the way, LDH, please don't jinx it.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
10-11-2016, 08:25 PM
(10-11-2016 07:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not understand that the number of electors each state gets is proportional to population? Facepalm

Don't face palm me bro. Yes, it is proportional but it limits how much each state can contribute.

51% get all the electoral votes, 75% doesn't give you anymore votes. If it were popular vote then the 75% would count more.

And that doesn't matter. With all of the electoral votes going to the majority, 51% = 100%. Populous states already have more influence. Popular vote would decrease it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2016, 11:18 PM
(10-11-2016 07:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not understand that the number of electors each state gets is proportional to population? Facepalm

Don't face palm me bro. Yes, it is proportional but it limits how much each state can contribute.

51% get all the electoral votes, 75% doesn't give you anymore votes. If it were popular vote then the 75% would count more.

That's up to the state. Some states actually don't work that way.

Though its based on the idea that states themselves should matter in strength and not the individuals alone. Yeah its the United states but it's also The People. Folks that don't want business or states to be viewed as having a notion of selfhood or ownership of position won't care so much about a states split view over basic individuals vs individuals.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2016, 02:26 AM
(10-11-2016 12:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

Machines can only do so much.

People really don't want to pay $20 for a head of lettuce.

The belief that a rich white billionaire who lives in the city and inherited his fortune cares about rural America is laughable. But that belief was clearly widespread. Desperate and dumb people. Weeping

Both Hitler and Mussolini courted the rural vote to get support then screwed their initial supporters to get more power. Trump will be the same.

Helmet is going to be equally disappointed and will have to admit that he was wrong about Trump.
11-11-2016, 02:31 AM
(10-11-2016 12:30 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Well, I have to dissent about the illegal immigrants. It is not right that we allow illegal immigrants just because it keeps our food prices lower. This isn't any different from the under paid workers in China who work long hours for practically nothing. Anyone doing a job should be paid a fair wage so illegal immigrant workers shouldn't be keeping our food prices low anyway. I'm also not in favor of allowing illegal immigration just because it's convenient for us economically. Building a wall isn't the answer, but overlooking the problem isn't either. I think we should crack down better on illegal immigration. Where I depart from Trump is regarding the ridiculous wall and also with what to do with illegal immigrants that are already here. Indiscriminately, deporting them in mass numbers is not the answer practically or ethically.

It's better for the third world countries if there isn't a brain drain to the first world. So America will be helping to develop their economies at the expense of it's own by sending its immigrants back.
11-11-2016, 02:35 AM
(11-11-2016 02:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's better for the third world countries if there isn't a brain drain to the first world. So America will be helping to develop their economies at the expense of it's own by sending its immigrants back.

Or the great irony, China, they at least don't sell themselves on anti-intellectualism.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-11-2016, 02:37 AM
(10-11-2016 02:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If we get rid of all the illegal immigrants, get ready for our food and food related prices to soar.

Most of the restaurants in NYC employ illegal immigrants (not to mention San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, Arizona etc.....) As dances mentioned, most of our food is harvested by those illegals out there in California. A close friend owns a cantaloupe farm near Fresno, they employ migrants. Without the migrants, the price would be outrageous, the fruit would spoil on the shelf and their farm would be sold to a developer.

Machines can only do so much.

People really don't want to pay $20 for a head of lettuce.

I don't think them people should be taken advantage of like that. They do backbreaking work for very little pay.

They should be allowed to come in the country legally on a work visa and get paid a better wage then they are getting now.

Wow! Can't believe you said something that I agree with Kusa.
11-11-2016, 03:06 AM
(10-11-2016 04:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I agree except they'd want more pay for the work. And again, no wants to pay more for anything.

That $20 head of lettuce is no joke. Considering restaurants charge a hefty markup on food at an independently owned (not a chain) pub you can end up paying $60 bucks for a burger and fries.

Let's look at this way, Wall-Mart sells clothing at a cheap price to their customers...where does it come from? Sweatshops in other countries.

Why? Because buying from clothing only made here, with textiles only produced here would be too expensive for the average Walmart customer to afford.

The hilarious thing is that if the cost of everything goes up, then Trump becomes poorer because his money won't go so far. Losing money is an anathema to a business man like Trump. Their sense of self worth stems from their wealth.

But someone like Trump won't understand the difference between nominal and real value.

Unfortunately everyone else becomes poorer too.