Trump's Disapproval Rating Smashes Record

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Trump's Disapproval Rating Smashes Record
Bush took three years to descend to the point Trump is now. Nixon's lowest approval rating was 24% and that was just before he resigned in August of 1974 so trump could still tumble down a lot more.

What we have to hope for is that some 9/11 style terrorist attack doesn't happen and send his approval ratings up. You know, that "rally 'round the president" mind set that happens when a country is attacked. However, even when this happened during George W's presidency it only kept his popularity afloat for a couple of years, then there was a steady decline.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 07:33 PM
(30-01-2017 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've had three republican friends confide in me that they wished they'd voted for Hillary.

I have a friend who spends his winters in Florida and I spoke to him yesterday. He's in what was a pretty pro-Trump area. He now tells me that more than one person he's spoken with who voted for DJT is now regretting that choice.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
30-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Regarding the OP...

Miss Barrack yet?????

Hell -- I miss Jimmy Carter...............

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Trump's Disapproval Rating Smashes Record
[Image: 50c661eda344bd9e212c98dbeeeef9cc.jpg]
30-01-2017, 10:35 PM
(30-01-2017 09:34 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: 50c661eda344bd9e212c98dbeeeef9cc.jpg]

Will never miss that Alzheimer's-afflicted lightweight who started our long national decline, but at this point I miss every president after him, up to and including W. (things I thought I'd never write: bring back W and Cheney).

And I miss Washington and Lincoln and Jefferson and both Adams and TR and FDR and Obama and Eisenhower and Truman. And Wilson and LBJ and even Carter and Nixon. Compared to the asshole-in-chief, all are better. You could walk into a crowd and throw a rock: anyone you hit would be better qualified, temperamentally and ethically, to what we've got at the moment. Better yet, go throw a rock at puppet; it won't make him govern any worse.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
30-01-2017, 11:21 PM
(30-01-2017 07:33 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've had three republican friends confide in me that they wished they'd voted for Hillary.

I have a friend who spends his winters in Florida and I spoke to him yesterday. He's in what was a pretty pro-Trump area. He now tells me that more than one person he's spoken with who voted for DJT is now regretting that choice.

I was surprised because these people are life long Republicans. But I also think they believed congress would do more to muzzle him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-01-2017, 12:03 AM
(30-01-2017 11:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 07:33 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I have a friend who spends his winters in Florida and I spoke to him yesterday. He's in what was a pretty pro-Trump area. He now tells me that more than one person he's spoken with who voted for DJT is now regretting that choice.

I was surprised because these people are life long Republicans. But I also think they believed congress would do more to muzzle him.

What the fuck did they expect? He's a man without filter, who detonated decades of carefully crafted Republican euphemisms is favor of wearing his pandering bigotry on his sleeve. What part of his campaign at all gave the impression that he'd simmer the fuck down once in office? That once he finally had the keys to the kingdom, then he'd show some restraint?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-01-2017, 01:03 AM
(31-01-2017 12:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was surprised because these people are life long Republicans. But I also think they believed congress would do more to muzzle him.

What the fuck did they expect? He's a man without filter, who detonated decades of carefully crafted Republican euphemisms is favor of wearing his pandering bigotry on his sleeve. What part of his campaign at all gave the impression that he'd simmer the fuck down once in office? That once he finally had the keys to the kingdom, then he'd show some restraint?

One of them is a person I deeply respect. He's a lawyer I used to work with. He's truly fed up with the republicans and thinks they all need a refresher course in constitutional ethics. He's well connected and has ended friendships when he wrote that he was resigning from the Republican Party.

He said that the vp giving a speech at a prolife rally, was completely wrong. The twitter account of ppp, the whole Mexico debacle, the wall and the latest with the immigration effectively disallowing green card entry and holding them like hostages in airports was the final straw.

He was not a fan of Trump at all, he really didn't like any of them, but he didn't like the way Hillary treated Sanders either. He said the emails were not an issue...we talked about that a lot during the primary. He didn't like Bill Clinton either, but he didn't agree with the whole impeachment of Bill either. He's reasonable that way.

Since he lives in a red state, he flipped a coin and voted for Trump.

He said he hoped that congress would neuter him, but it seems they won't. He is very upset of the privilege given to Bannon and worries that ppp is really "in over his head" trying to run the country like a business (he said he's third rate busineman despite his bravatto). The man has never read a contract in his life and relies on others to tell him if he should sign or not.

He said he's talking to the ACLU and for the first time.

The democrats will be lucky to get him.

The others...one is ok, the other two are meatballs, but even they're coming around.

I saw someone at the grocery store trying to get a T/P bumper sticker off his truck...so maybe there is hope.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2017, 01:56 AM
I note an item in the Washington Post about getting rid of Drumpf...

"Under the US Constitution, a simple majority in the House of Representatives could vote to impeach Trump for treason, bribery, or other high crimes or misdemeanors. If convicted by the Senate on a two-thirds vote, Trump could be removed from office—and a new poll suggests that after week one, more than a third of Americans are already eager to see Trump impeached.

If impeachment seems like a fine solution, the good news is that Congress doesn't need evidence of actual treason or murder to move forward with an impeachment: Practically anything can be considered a high crime or misdemeanor."

And...

"In these dark days, some around the globe are finding solace in the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. This previously obscure amendment states that the Vice President and a majority of the principal officers of the executive departments can declare the president unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, in which case the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

This is [an] option for getting rid of Trump: an appeal to Vice President Mike Pence's ambitions. Surely Pence wants to be president himself one day, right? Pence isn't exactly a political moderate—he's been unremittingly hostile to gay rights, he's a climate change skeptic, etc—but, unappealing as his politics may be to many Americans, he does not appear to actually be insane. (This is the new threshold for plausibility in American politics: 'not actually insane.')"

—There's also another couple of outside options, so maybe not all is lost?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
31-01-2017, 07:13 AM
(30-01-2017 09:34 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: 50c661eda344bd9e212c98dbeeeef9cc.jpg]

No

I bet Rudy is now on the shit list for running his mouth.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.