Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans. Now they want to change it to be exactly like where they fled from.

Citation needed.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
30-01-2017, 12:29 PM
(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 12:05 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What a huge, stinking pile of BS. You do realize that everyone in the US except Native Americans are immigrants or descendants of immigrants, right? America as you know it now wouldn't exist except for immigrants. Immigrants, the "melting pot", and the diversity of ideas and backgrounds is what has made us strong. Well... most of us anyway. Dodgy

Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans. Now they want to change it to be exactly like where they fled from.

We can't allow this to happen any longer.

It stops now.

(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans.

In addition to the American History class, go take a class on the Constitution of the United States you fucking idiot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-01-2017, 12:29 PM
(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 12:05 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What a huge, stinking pile of BS. You do realize that everyone in the US except Native Americans are immigrants or descendants of immigrants, right? America as you know it now wouldn't exist except for immigrants. Immigrants, the "melting pot", and the diversity of ideas and backgrounds is what has made us strong. Well... most of us anyway. Dodgy

Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans. Now they want to change it to be exactly like where they fled from.

We can't allow this to happen any longer.

It stops now.

(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans.

In addition to the American History class, go take a class on the Constitution of the United States you fucking idiot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-01-2017, 12:33 PM
(30-01-2017 12:05 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  When you allow too many people in that don't share our values, one day they might be the majority.

What a huge, stinking pile of BS. You do realize that everyone in the US except Native Americans are immigrants or descendants of immigrants, right? America as you know it now wouldn't exist except for immigrants. Immigrants, the "melting pot", and the diversity of ideas and backgrounds is what has made us strong. Well... most of us anyway. Dodgy

Even the Native Americans don't get a pass. They came here from Asia. They just did that a long long time ago. There isn't a single person in North or South America whose ancestors didn't come here from somewhere else.
30-01-2017, 12:36 PM
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Behold, we have here a man who takes counsel in his fears. He assuages them with his guns and his hatred of outsiders. He nurtures them, he feeds them, never understanding that his fears are the vines that will -- or perhaps already have -- strangled the tree.

I love immigrants. They help strengthen America, giving it infusions of vitality. Immigrants are people who are bold and brave enough to leave their entire lives behind in order to strike out for a better future. They're willing to cross deserts and oceans to make a better life. We need more people like that, as opposed to indolent cowards whose only contributions any more are a series of shitposts.

LDH has his freedom, but he'll be goddamned if he shares it. I, me, mine. How pathetic. How fucking pathetic, and small, and niggardly of spirit. Surrender to your fears, asshole. I'll be happy to show people the better side of Americans myself. Just quit making that job so fucking hard.

LDH has his freedom and he would like to keep it.

When you allow too many people in that don't share our values, one day they might be the majority. This is why democrats LOVE immigrants. They are future democrat voters. Hispanics, muslims and even europeans overwhelmingly support liberals.

We have discovered your plan. And we are shutting it down. We will not become like Europe. Uber liberal and anti-gun.

This is why people have lost respect for you, you don't need fucking guns in Europe its strict gun control that keeps our murder rate so much lower than yours the only reason you need so many guns is because you have such unrestricted access to firearms you need them because every other bastard has one, Europe it seems has more respect for civil liberties than you could hope to have.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Breaking news on Trump's immigration actions:

Dozens of US diplomats around the world are set to formally criticise President Trump's controversial immigration restrictions.

A "dissent cable" has been drafted for senior State Department officials...

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38799796

The text of the dissent cable (it's a PDF): https://assets.documentcloud.org/documen...t-Memo.pdf
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
30-01-2017, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2017 12:58 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  LDH has his freedom and he would like to keep it.

Don't be a douche. Talk in first-person, rather than giving yourself the royal third-person. You're only underlining my point that you think of yourself and yourself only. Also, you seem to forget that your freedoms are Constitutional and cannot be stripped by the votes of noncitizens. Of course, being a retired cop, you're obviously unfamiliar with the Constitution so I'd suggest that you go read up on it before digging your hole even further.

(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  When you allow too many people in that don't share our values, one day they might be the majority. This is why democrats LOVE immigrants. They are future democrat voters. Hispanics, muslims and even europeans overwhelmingly support liberals.

You're apparently ignorant of history. We have let in millions who don't share "our values" (whatever you might mean by such a vaguery), and you know what? They have enriched us. They have enriched us financially and culturally. Do you eat tacos? Do you listen to bluegrass music? Thank an immigrant, who, by the way, was treated like shit by your own ilk.

(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We have discovered your plan. And we are shutting it down. We will not become like Europe. Uber liberal and anti-gun.

See, this is why I think you're an idiot. You automatically assume that anyone who disagrees with you is a particular category -- in this case, politically to the left of you. Perhaps I am, perhaps not. But my opinions here are not based on any "plan", because I'm not part of any monolithic, monothinking bloc -- unlike yourself, who sups at the paranoid-conservative table and washes it down with drivel from Jones, Breitbart, et al. You've programmed yourself to worship your little tin idols and are unable to think for yourself.

Because of that you've lost the ability to think with nuance, and to see shades of grey. I almost feel sorry for you, having given up autonomous thought for yourself as you have -- but then I remember you'd just as soon strip me of the right to think for myself if you could get away with it.

That's when I remember that authoritarian cocksuckers like yourself need to be extirpated from the body politic, lest our collective freedoms die a slow, lingering death.

In short, you claim to be supporting freedom, but are too stupid to see that you're destroying them.

(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It stops now.

What are you doing about it? Slavering over your fears online?

You should have the decency to masturbate in private -- especially when your fantasies are so grotesque.
[+] 10 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-01-2017, 12:54 PM
(30-01-2017 12:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  LDH has his freedom and he would like to keep it.

When you allow too many people in that don't share our values, one day they might be the majority. This is why democrats LOVE immigrants. They are future democrat voters. Hispanics, muslims and even europeans overwhelmingly support liberals.

We have discovered your plan. And we are shutting it down. We will not become like Europe. Uber liberal and anti-gun.

This is why people have lost respect for you, you don't need fucking guns in Europe its strict gun control that keeps our murder rate so much lower than yours the only reason you need so many guns is because you have such unrestricted access to firearms you need them because every other bastard has one, Europe it seems has more respect for civil liberties than you could hope to have.

I'm not convinced that we need them here. I've never owned a gun in my life, and have never missed them. I don't feel any "need" whatsoever for a gun. I don't feel any need to ban them, either, although it would be nice if we made more of an effort to keep them out of the hands of mentally unstable people, terrorists, etc. (I freely admit that this isn't necessarily easy to do -- but I'm unconvinced that we're trying very hard).
30-01-2017, 01:04 PM
(30-01-2017 12:49 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Breaking news on Trump's immigration actions:

Dozens of US diplomats around the world are set to formally criticise President Trump's controversial immigration restrictions.

A "dissent cable" has been drafted for senior State Department officials...

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38799796

The text of the dissent cable (it's a PDF): https://assets.documentcloud.org/documen...t-Memo.pdf

That is a magnificent document.

No doubt LDH will call those diplomats "traitors" and demand their incarceration.
30-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Trump defended his ban today.

"America is a proud nation of immigrants and we will continue to show compassion to those fleeing oppression, but we will do so while protecting our own citizens and border. America has always been the land of the free and home of the brave. We will keep it free and keep it safe, as the media knows, but refuses to say. My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months. The seven countries name in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror. To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting. This is not about religion- this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days. I have tremendous feeling for the people involved in this horrific humanitarian crisis in Syria. My first priority will always be to protect and serve our country, but as President I will find ways to help all those who are suffering."

My first thought is, how is this NOT directed towards Muslims, when he said he will prioritize Christian refugees over Muslims? And what President Obama did in 2011 was not a ban, but a review of Iraqi refugees after they found 2 refugees had been linked to an attack in 2005. I don't see how they are that similar.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell