Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(30-01-2017 02:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is some kind of fun, yeah boy! Bannon von Gerbils and his hate filled anti atheist view.

http://streamable.com/4duae

Whose side you think the loud dim halfwit's gonna take? Betcha he finds Jesus.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Simply, a bad person cannot make a good president. No

Playing chess with pigeons......
[+] 3 users Like JakSiemasz's post
30-01-2017, 03:21 PM
(30-01-2017 03:14 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  Simply, a bad person cannot make a good president. No

Not really, president isn't supposed to be nice and cuddly. One could be a dick and good president, just like one could be a wonderful human being and shitty president.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
30-01-2017, 03:38 PM
(30-01-2017 03:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 03:14 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  Simply, a bad person cannot make a good president. No

Not really, president isn't supposed to be nice and cuddly. One could be a dick and good president, just like one could be a wonderful human being and shitty president.

The most important qualification for President is, IMO, temperament. Source: The Most Important Quality of a President: Temperament

All the great Presidents had quality temperaments: FDR, Lincoln, Obama.

DJT's temperament is, at best, erratic, and, at worst, pathological.

He may prove to be, arguably, the worst President ever, even worse than Harding, Nixon or GWB. He's just not suited for the job.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
30-01-2017, 03:42 PM
(30-01-2017 03:38 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 03:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not really, president isn't supposed to be nice and cuddly. One could be a dick and good president, just like one could be a wonderful human being and shitty president.

The most important qualification for President is, IMO, temperament. Source: The Most Important Quality of a President: Temperament

He may prove to be, arguably, the worst President ever, even worse than Harding, Nixon or GWB. He's just not suited for the job.

I just don't agree with simplistic take - "bad" person equal bad president.

I have no idea how Trump presidency will look like, nor I care much about this. I have plenty of clowns where I live.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
30-01-2017, 03:48 PM
(30-01-2017 03:42 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 03:38 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The most important qualification for President is, IMO, temperament. Source: The Most Important Quality of a President: Temperament

I just don't agree with simplistic take - "bad" person equal bad president.

I have no idea how Trump presidency will look like, nor I care much about this. I have plenty of clowns where I live.

There hasn't been a president in my lifetime (I'm 61) that I would call great, or maybe even good. They've just been bad in different ways, and some have been worse than others. It's hard to find a correlation between bad person and bad president when they're all bad presidents. However, at least one of them seemed to be a pretty decent human being, and that was Jimmy Carter. And he was undeniably a bad president.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
30-01-2017, 04:17 PM
(30-01-2017 03:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  However, at least one of them seemed to be a pretty decent human being, and that was Jimmy Carter. And he was undeniably a bad president.

Carter spoke and acted the way I think someone who claims to be Christian should. At least that's what they preach. And like Jesus, he is the perfect example for why following Jesus too closely might not be such a good idea, you're gonna get fucking crucified.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-01-2017, 04:21 PM
(30-01-2017 03:48 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 03:42 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I just don't agree with simplistic take - "bad" person equal bad president.

There hasn't been a president in my lifetime (I'm 61) that I would call great, or maybe even good. They've just been bad in different ways, and some have been worse than others. It's hard to find a correlation between bad person and bad president when they're all bad presidents. However, at least one of them seemed to be a pretty decent human being, and that was Jimmy Carter. And he was undeniably a bad president.

I agree Carter wasn't a great president (I'd call him mediocre), but unquestionably he has been the finest post-president in recent times.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
30-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Justice Dept. will not defend executive order on travel restrictions
Quote:The acting Attorney General Sally Yates has told Justice Department lawyers not to make legal arguments defending President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees, according to sources familiar with the order.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-01-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: Justice Dept. will not defend executive order on travel restrictions
(30-01-2017 06:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:The acting Attorney General Sally Yates has told Justice Department lawyers not to make legal arguments defending President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees, according to sources familiar with the order.

Could someone please give me a link explaining in simple terms exactly what a Presidential "executive order" is, and how it's carried out. Executive orders are apparently subject to judicial review (by what body?) and may be struck down if deemed by the courts (which courts?) to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives require approval by the legislative branch (which consists of?).

It seems as though Drumpf himself is the actual "executive", although there's no constitutional provision that explicitly permits executive orders to be carried out.

So can Congress delegate any/all of its executive decisions directly to Drumpf?

Where are the (so-called) democratic checks and balances?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.