Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: Justice Dept. will not defend executive order on travel restrictions
(30-01-2017 06:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 06:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Could someone please give me a link explaining in simple terms exactly what a Presidential "executive order" is, and how it's carried out. Executive orders are apparently subject to judicial review (by what body?) and may be struck down if deemed by the courts (which courts?) to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives require approval by the legislative branch (which consists of?).

It seems as though Drumpf himself is the actual "executive", although there's no constitutional provision that explicitly permits executive orders to be carried out.

So can Congress delegate any/all of its executive decisions directly to Drumpf?

Where are the (so-called) democratic checks and balances?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-01-2017, 06:27 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...-stack-up/

Quote:What is an executive order?

Basically, an executive order is an official statement from the president about how the federal agencies he oversees are to use their resources.

Of course, when Obama issued one the republicunt shitstains in congress shrieked about 'Imperial Presidencies" and "Dictators." But they are noticeably silent when the Orange Turd does it.

Why do you suppose that is?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
30-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Well, Yates just totally defied the Trump. And if he fires her, he has a constitutional crisis because Sessions isn't approved yet, and he is the only other person who can lead that department.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-01-2017, 08:35 PM
He just fired her.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/backlash-grow...44824.html

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
30-01-2017, 08:38 PM
This little bit pisses me off the most:

CNN

Quote:White House policy director Stephen Miller, who helped craft the executive order, called Yates' decision "a further demonstration of how politicized our legal system has become."
"It's sad that our politics have become so politicized, that you have people refusing to enforce our laws," Miller said Monday night on MSNBC.

An executive order is NOT a LAW.

The POTUS cannot pass a law. Congress passes laws.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-01-2017, 08:42 PM
(30-01-2017 08:38 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  This little bit pisses me off the most:

CNN

Quote:White House policy director Stephen Miller, who helped craft the executive order, called Yates' decision "a further demonstration of how politicized our legal system has become."
"It's sad that our politics have become so politicized, that you have people refusing to enforce our laws," Miller said Monday night on MSNBC.

There is also the latent and more disturbing idea that the AG takes and follows instructions from the President.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
30-01-2017, 08:45 PM
(30-01-2017 08:38 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  This little bit pisses me off the most:

CNN

T.rump doesn't know that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2017, 08:48 PM
The Orange Turd has made her a martyr.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trump-fi...ravel-ban/

Quote:President Donald Trump has “relieved” acting Attorney General Sally Yates of her duties reports White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
30-01-2017, 09:43 PM
(30-01-2017 08:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  He just fired her.

Under which part of the Constitution does Drumpf claim the authority to sack AG Yates? Does he have sole discretion in this sort of thing, or is he beholden to Congress? I just can't get my head around all this ducking and diving by the orange grub. Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-01-2017, 09:58 PM
(30-01-2017 09:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 08:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  He just fired her.

Under which part of the Constitution does Drumpf claim the authority to sack AG Yates? Does he have sole discretion in this sort of thing, or is he beholden to Congress? I just can't get my head around all this ducking and diving by the orange grub. Huh

It is part of the executive branch and as the head of that branch he does have that authority.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense