Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: Justice Dept. will not defend executive order on travel restrictions
She's the, or was the, acting head of an executive branch agency. He was quite literally her boss and within his rights to do it for not following his orders sadly. Sad Also he's sacked the head of ICE for currently undisclosed reasons tonight as well.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Basically he basically accused her of being a bad american.

She's a fucking hero.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-01-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm very glad she took this stand. Although she had nothing to lose--she would;ve been gone soon--history is going to be kind to her.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-01-2017, 10:36 PM
(30-01-2017 09:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 09:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Under which part of the Constitution does Drumpf claim the authority to sack AG Yates? Does he have sole discretion in this sort of thing, or is he beholden to Congress? I just can't get my head around all this ducking and diving by the orange grub. Huh

It is part of the executive branch and as the head of that branch he does have that authority.

Is it Constitutional to just appoint Dana Boente and if so why does Sessions need congressional approval?
30-01-2017, 10:49 PM
History repeats itself. tRump's going down the Nixon path very quickly. Nixon fired the AG during the Saturday Night Massacre for not firing the special Watergate prosecutor, Archibald Cox. If I remember it correctly two other people resigned in protest but I don't remember who they were.

What a world...what a world. Holy fuck.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-01-2017, 10:50 PM
(30-01-2017 10:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Basically he basically accused her of being a bad american.

She's a fucking hero.

Basically.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
30-01-2017, 10:51 PM
(30-01-2017 10:50 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 10:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Basically he basically accused her of being a bad american.

She's a fucking hero.

Basically.

Fucking a-right

Basically. Cool

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-01-2017, 11:11 PM
(30-01-2017 10:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 09:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is part of the executive branch and as the head of that branch he does have that authority.

Is it Constitutional to just appoint Dana Boente and if so why does Sessions need congressional approval?

He is not appointing him as a permanent head just a temporary fill in until someone is confirmed by the Senate. I believe the President can have such interim appointees for up to 8 months without need them confirmed by the Senate iirc.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-01-2017, 11:20 PM
(30-01-2017 09:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 09:43 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Under which part of the Constitution does Drumpf claim the authority to sack AG Yates? Does he have sole discretion in this sort of thing, or is he beholden to Congress?

It is part of the executive branch and as the head of that branch he does have that authority.

Is this frightening or what? I can't believe that in an (alleged) democracy, one individual can hold all that power. In Australia, our Prime Minister (equivalent status to Drumpf) cannot make any decision without the approval of the parliament. A bill has to be tabled—which is sometimes difficult in itself—and then voted on before any "executive"-type decision can be legislated. Sometimes this can take 12 months or more in the worst cases.

Currently, the most nominally powerful person in Australia is our Governor General—the Queen's representative here—which is a throwback to the colonial days of the British Empire. And which is the reason that when Betty pops her clogs, Australia will become a republic, and give the British fucking Royals the arse.

Anyway... Drumpf is a law unto himself apparently? Is there any way he can be reined in? What would it take to reject his decisions outright?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-01-2017, 11:26 PM
(30-01-2017 11:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 10:36 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Is it Constitutional to just appoint Dana Boente and if so why does Sessions need congressional approval?

He is not appointing him as a permanent head just a temporary fill in until someone is confirmed by the Senate. I believe the President can have such interim appointees for up to 8 months without need them confirmed by the Senate iirc.

Nixon fired two attorney generals because they wouldn't fire his special prosecutor.

They weren't intrium though, yet I am wondering if history will repeat itself. That is if we don't go to war first.