Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 12:14 PM by tomilay.)
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(01-02-2017 11:59 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 11:43 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is a tweet from Al Sharpton.

[Image: 694940094001_5304744087001_sharpton-837.jpg]

But guess what, Fuck News is saying Jesus' family was coming back to pay their taxes. Course the whole story is bogus and historically inaccurate... but whatever. One could also argue many of the immigrants returning to the US also pay taxes in one form or another. Furthermore, many of the immigrants from the Middle East who come to our shores are professionals such as doctors, scientists, engineers and computer experts. I read some statistics on this a few months ago but I can't find it now.

But keeping immigrants out of the US has always been a brain drain even if they are the destitute coming here in rags. Immigrants have alway added so much to this country. We wouldn't be the country we are without them.

Egypt could have saved the world a lot of trouble if they'd just killed Jesus Tongue

Me thinks the resurrection myth would have merely been shifted to Egypt. Pontiff would dress like pharaoh instead of some Roman power broker. Big Grin

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 03:38 PM
The (unintended?) consequences of this ban have created a windfall for Canadian universities, which are all too eager to accept stranded students and academics

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
― Bertrand Russell
[+] 3 users Like Reducetarian's post
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
(01-02-2017 03:38 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  The (unintended?) consequences of this ban have created a windfall for Canadian universities, which are all too eager to accept stranded students and academics

Yipper. That wasn't a brain drain that was a brain dump. Thanks Obama.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2017, 07:01 PM
I just heard that the ban has been reversed by the courts....application has been ordered stopped.

This may get very interesting.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
(03-02-2017 07:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  I just heard that the ban has been reversed by the courts....application has been ordered stopped.

This may get very interesting.

It was a Washington State judge appointed by George Bush too. The Gov. of Washington State, Jay Inslee, is a fabulous guy. He needs to run for President in four years. He's smart, well spoken, tough as nails, understands law...in short he's the total opposite of trump. Great guy!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
It's gonna piss him off that's for sure.

Seattle judge blocks Trump immigration order

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-02-2017, 08:09 PM
“Remember we’re talking about a universe of 109 people. There were 325,000 people that came into this country over a 24 hour period from another country. 109 of them were stopped for additional screening.” - some pasty looking chubby guy

Okay. Well sure it sucks for them but if there's only 109 slightly inconvenienced Muslims that's a small price to pay I guess in the name of national security and all.

The universe of people likely affected by the travel suspension is around 90,000 — not 109.

Hobo

03-02-2017, 08:19 PM
(03-02-2017 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  “Remember we’re talking about a universe of 109 people. There were 325,000 people that came into this country over a 24 hour period from another country. 109 of them were stopped for additional screening.” - some pasty looking chubby guy

Okay. Well sure it sucks for them but if there's only 109 slightly inconvenienced Muslims that's a small price to pay I guess in the name of national security and all.

The universe of people likely affected by the travel suspension is around 90,000 — not 109.

Hobo

And of it were indeed only 109, how on earth could that justify an illegal order and perhaps a Constitutional crisis?

Yeah, my bullshit detector's blowing fuses like mad.
03-02-2017, 09:30 PM
(03-02-2017 07:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It was a Washington State judge appointed by George Bush too. The Gov. of Washington State, Jay Inslee, is a fabulous guy. He needs to run for President in four years.

He's smart,
well spoken,
tough as nails,
understands law...in short he's the total opposite of trump.

... and he's FIRED!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-02-2017, 09:32 PM
(03-02-2017 09:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 07:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It was a Washington State judge appointed by George Bush too. The Gov. of Washington State, Jay Inslee, is a fabulous guy. He needs to run for President in four years.

He's smart,
well spoken,
tough as nails,
understands law...in short he's the total opposite of trump.

... and he's FIRED!

Drinking Beverage

I'm gonna go check Ladbrokes' current book on lasting the first year.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post