Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(05-02-2017 09:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  Overnight, the appellate court denied and emergency filing by Trump and left the ban of the ban standing.

So do you think he'll just circumvent it somehow ? Is it binding or just one states protest ?

It is Federal Court, not a state court.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2017, 08:37 PM
(05-02-2017 06:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 09:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So do you think he'll just circumvent it somehow ? Is it binding or just one states protest ?

It is Federal Court, not a state court.

But...
There is a good chance he's got his "best people" (and I use that term very loosely) working on some way to snake around it.
Legally or not.
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2017, 02:06 PM
I don't know which one of the Trump threads to put this video in. It kinda doesn't matter so I'm arbitrarily plunking it in this Immigration thread. So if you haven't seen the Melissa McCarthy SNL Spicer take off do yourself a favor and watch it. She deserves some sort of small award for this and god knows, we all need a good laugh. Loooooove this woman. Heart Thumbsup

I wanted to add, this video on Youtube has almost 12 million views already and the comments are funny too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-02-2017, 02:16 PM
OMG I watched that...almost woke up the house. Abit sad how close it is to the truth Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
06-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of McCarthy, but she just nailed it!
06-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Trump's Immigration Ban
[Image: 017972803913236e5c39603e9afe4987.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
06-02-2017, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 09:08 PM by Fireball.)
Laugh out load I'm busting a gut over it and my son is looking at me like I'm losing my mind.

-in reference to DF2'S SNL skit-
06-02-2017, 08:08 PM
After going out of his way to express opposition to Trump, he then says We shouldn't have clapping in the chamber. But sometimes it's easier just to let it go than to make a huge fuss about it. Bercow wants no truck with Trump.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 12 users Like tomilay's post
07-02-2017, 05:24 AM
That was epic. Brit Parliamentary Epic-Beard-Slap.

Clap

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-02-2017, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 07:34 AM by Dom.)
This is the first test of checks and balances in the system. If this passes without serious amendments, Trump will get bolder and bolder.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN15L0IY

Quote:More than 100 companies, including most of high-tech's biggest names, joined a legal brief opposing President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban, arguing that it would give companies strong incentives to move jobs outside the United States.
The companies - including Apple Inc (AAPL.O), Google Inc (GOOGL.O) and Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) - banded together late on Sunday to file a "friend-of-the-court" brief with the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.
They argued that the executive order temporarily banning citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries and all refugees "inflicts significant harm on American business."
Elon Musk's Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) and SpaceX were among other companies signing onto the brief on Monday, raising the number of signatories to 127.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post