Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(09-02-2017 10:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 09:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I think we should build the wall.... around Washington DC.

This was a 90-day ban in the first place; did he think the "security of the nation" would change dramatically in 90 days?

There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure. Dodgy

Yep.

This has given me a bit more confidence in the balance of powers.

One has to figure in that you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Ban upheld.

"the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit found that the government had failed to show why the travel ban needed to be immediately reinstated”

"To arrive at that decision, the appeals court did something close to what fact-checkers, journalists, scholars and others do every day when Trump and his surrogates make extraordinary claims: It demanded extraordinary evidence — or at least some evidence — for the administration’s arguments.

And it got none, the judges said.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...553518978c

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
10-02-2017, 08:21 AM
(10-02-2017 08:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Ban upheld.

"the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit found that the government had failed to show why the travel ban needed to be immediately reinstated”

"To arrive at that decision, the appeals court did something close to what fact-checkers, journalists, scholars and others do every day when Trump and his surrogates make extraordinary claims: It demanded extraordinary evidence — or at least some evidence — for the administration’s arguments.

And it got none, the judges said.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...553518978c

Puppet got benchslapped!
[+] 8 users Like julep's post
10-02-2017, 11:08 AM
(29-01-2017 03:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 11:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Do you believe that Trump specifically targeted these translators or did they accidentally get caught up in the executive order? I'm sure Trump will tweak it as problems arise.

Like so many other things he says and does, I don't think he thought it through very well at all.

Did you mean Trump, or Limp Dick Helmet?
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
10-02-2017, 01:11 PM
(30-01-2017 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 12:05 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What a huge, stinking pile of BS. You do realize that everyone in the US except Native Americans are immigrants or descendants of immigrants, right? America as you know it now wouldn't exist except for immigrants. Immigrants, the "melting pot", and the diversity of ideas and backgrounds is what has made us strong. Well... most of us anyway. Dodgy

Used to be people that came here wanted to be Americans. Now they want to change it to be exactly like where they fled from.

We can't allow this to happen any longer.

It stops now.

Any longer? When did it start?
10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
ICE conducting raids in multiple states

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/10/politics/d...ent-raids/

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ment-raids

The courts are going to be kept really busy with the dumpster in charge

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-02-2017, 02:09 AM
Trump Loses Again: 9th Circuit Says Muslim Ban Must Go

so the spoiled brat loses again yet still wants to keep trying, so sad

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
[+] 3 users Like Ace's post
12-02-2017, 02:15 AM
RE: Trump Loses Again: 9th Circuit Says Muslim Ban Must Go
That is absolutely hilarious!

Never heard anything like it. Only Trump could fail this hard.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
12-02-2017, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 11:31 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
RE: Trump Loses Again: 9th Circuit Says Muslim Ban Must Go
What gets me is, with the Muslim ban you're just banning people on the basis that they might commit crimes. That's clearly retarded.

12-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Threads merged

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces