Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
(16-02-2017 09:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  He is protected by his populism. His supporters won't let him be removed, no matter what.

His supporters are mostly fading away. He really just has the rabid minority of White Nationalists left that think he can do no wrong.

This is just delusional fantasy. It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers. I live in Trump Country. He did extremely well in TN. I know plenty of other delusional people who think Trump is here to 'save America'. I know zero white nationalists. Gallup has his approval rating at 41%. You really think 4 out of 10 Americans are White Nationalists? How many of those White Nationalists also supported Obama?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 10:38 AM
(16-02-2017 10:03 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 11:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  There is supposed to be a reason why why have a Legislative, Executive and Judicial branch of government. Democrats are angry because they don't want the Executive Branch to take the responsibilities because it suits them at the moment. Conversely they want the Judicial branch to take responsibility from the Legislative branch when it suits them. Don't get me wrong, Republicans want the same thing when the shoe is on the other foot, but the erosion of these boundries corrupts our government and harms the people. Checks and balances are there for a reason. Yes

In a common law system, laws can come from the legislature and the courts. That is all there is to it. Courts create new laws usually when faced with a novel(or in some cases a new-fangled anachronism) about which existing laws are ambiguous or silent http://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-...ystem.html. They don't have to wait for Congress to act before they make the call on a case before them. When they do that, they are not usurping power from the legislature.

Granted, Dems will lean on courts now that they have no power in a hopelessly partisan Congress. Still there is nothing unbecoming or somehow illegal about it.

Very well, there are some cases in which new technology or some never before technique or something comes about and needs a decision. That's the last resort option, and fairly rare.

16-02-2017, 10:45 AM
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers.
Well that's just stupid. But it's also how Trump won. I find that people voted for Trump because a) they voted against Hillary, b) they voted for some selfish personal interest regardless of whether it was in the best interest of the country as a whole, or c) some other completely ridiculous reason that I could never even imagine until I heard it and that's where your statement fits. I don't know if you voted for him or if this was your reason if you did, but it's typical of what I hear from some who I know that did vote for him. The stupidity involved in the voting decisions of many is extremely concerning.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-02-2017, 11:28 AM
(16-02-2017 04:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  He is protected by his populism. His supporters won't let him be removed, no matter what.

Yes that's true to them he can do no wrong LDH is an example of that Imo.

And their loyalty is not to America, nor the Republican party, nor the Democratic party , nor any other party. It is to Trump. That is how his vocal supporters are increasingly coming across. Scary stuff.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
16-02-2017, 11:37 AM
(16-02-2017 11:28 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 04:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yes that's true to them he can do no wrong LDH is an example of that Imo.

And their loyalty is not to America, nor the Republican party, nor the Democratic party , nor any other party. It is to Trump. That is how his vocal supporters are increasingly coming across. Scary stuff.

It is scary, almost like a facist army like the SS or brown shirts in Nazi Germany.
16-02-2017, 11:44 AM
(16-02-2017 11:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 11:28 AM)tomilay Wrote:  And their loyalty is not to America, nor the Republican party, nor the Democratic party , nor any other party. It is to Trump. That is how his vocal supporters are increasingly coming across. Scary stuff.

It is scary, almost like a facist army like the SS or brown shirts in Nazi Germany.

Might be overstated a bit but it goes to a good point.

There are many, many reporters who were covering Trump during the Repub debates & the presidential campaign who have quit their jobs because he called them out by name, then those reporters had hordes of hate-filled Trump supporters show up and physically threaten them.

Source: HOW DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTERS ATTACK JOURNALISTS (sorry for the all-caps, that's how the title is displayed)

and

Trump Supporters Are Now Sending Death Threats to Jewish Journalists

Agent Orange has even resorted to attacking private citizens - not reporters - and his followers follow through with threats of rape and violence.

Source: Threats of violence and rape follow Trump’s Twitter attacks on a private citizen

This cannot stand.
16-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Its how it all started in Germany mate, this fucker is really dangerous but then I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. The man is an affront to all that is decent Imo.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
16-02-2017, 02:22 PM
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 09:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  His supporters are mostly fading away. He really just has the rabid minority of White Nationalists left that think he can do no wrong.

This is just delusional fantasy. It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers. I live in Trump Country. He did extremely well in TN. I know plenty of other delusional people who think Trump is here to 'save America'. I know zero white nationalists. Gallup has his approval rating at 41%. You really think 4 out of 10 Americans are White Nationalists? How many of those White Nationalists also supported Obama?

I've read a few articles about the man and his appeal to specifically white middle class voters who're out in these run down towns where the jobs all went away... I can see his appeal, it's just... I can also see what he is. He doesn't give a flying fuck about any of those guys except in so far as it makes him feel good to have adoring fans. He's a snake with an inferiority complex.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-02-2017, 03:18 PM
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 09:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  His supporters are mostly fading away. He really just has the rabid minority of White Nationalists left that think he can do no wrong.

Perhaps 4 out of ten Americans are idiots?

PS: you trust polls?

QED?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
16-02-2017, 03:34 PM
(16-02-2017 03:18 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  This is just delusional fantasy. It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers. I live in Trump Country. He did extremely well in TN. I know plenty of other delusional people who think Trump is here to 'save America'. I know zero white nationalists. Gallup has his approval rating at 41%. You really think 4 out of 10 Americans are White Nationalists? How many of those White Nationalists also supported Obama?

Perhaps 4 out of ten Americans are idiots?

PS: you trust polls?

QED?

I know at least one quite intelligent person who voted for Trump -- just like I know some quite intelligent Christians. You can be really smart in general and still have ideological blinders on in certain areas. I probably have some strong beliefs that are wrong.