Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
A little off topic here. Offtopic

I counted up the threads about Trump in one form or another on page one of the forum's Politic section and there are 13 of them. Just thought I'd mention this. Poor forum members from other countries....I feel sorry for you guys.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Trump's Immigration Ban
(16-02-2017 07:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A little off topic here. Offtopic

I counted up the threads about Trump in one form or another on page one of the forum's Politic section and there are 13 of them. Just thought I'd mention this. Poor forum members from other countries....I feel sorry for you guys.

I think half of the threads were started by them.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
16-02-2017, 08:03 PM
(16-02-2017 10:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers.
Well that's just stupid. But it's also how Trump won. I find that people voted for Trump because a) they voted against Hillary, b) they voted for some selfish personal interest regardless of whether it was in the best interest of the country as a whole, or c) some other completely ridiculous reason that I could never even imagine until I heard it and that's where your statement fits. I don't know if you voted for him or if this was your reason if you did, but it's typical of what I hear from some who I know that did vote for him. The stupidity involved in the voting decisions of many is extremely concerning.

Most people I know probably voted for him. Beloved family members included, and many of them intelligent people.

I really think that misinformation and lack of skepticism is the real reason. The majority of the people I know that voted for him are steadfast Fox news adherents, and because of the "liberal media" rhetoric so prevalent in the right's discourse they will immediately discount any news that doesn't agree with what they want to hear.

I've had the discussions with them, I've laid down facts. Hell, I've taken out my phone and Google searched for things that discount what they believe time and time again, but if it isn't on Fox, then they won't give it any credibility.

It's very concerning, but I've long since given up on trying to convince them of anything. I've resigned to let these chips fall and at some point in the future just be able to say that I tried to tell them.

I just hope we're not too far gone at that point.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-02-2017, 08:46 PM
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 09:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  His supporters are mostly fading away. He really just has the rabid minority of White Nationalists left that think he can do no wrong.

This is just delusional fantasy. It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers. I live in Trump Country. He did extremely well in TN. I know plenty of other delusional people who think Trump is here to 'save America'. I know zero white nationalists. Gallup has his approval rating at 41%. You really think 4 out of 10 Americans are White Nationalists? How many of those White Nationalists also supported Obama?

In all fairness, I don't think that's the larger point Revs was making. agent orange's support is diminishing amongst the people who voted for him. Sure there are some who will hang on to the belief of anything he says, and while they might not be "white nationals" they are racist in the same agent orange is. Just because his daughter converted to Judaism and he might know a few Jewish or even black people, and doesn't mean he's not prejudice or racist.

Those on the alt right who keyed into that are applauding it. I know the alt right isn't full of racists before you jump all over me for saying it, but it has become a refuge for their ideology and the few that probably support it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-02-2017, 09:00 PM
(16-02-2017 08:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 10:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  This is just delusional fantasy. It's statements like this that make someone like me defend the Angry Orange, and his followers. I live in Trump Country. He did extremely well in TN. I know plenty of other delusional people who think Trump is here to 'save America'. I know zero white nationalists. Gallup has his approval rating at 41%. You really think 4 out of 10 Americans are White Nationalists? How many of those White Nationalists also supported Obama?

In all fairness, I don't think that's the larger point Revs was making. agent orange's support is diminishing amongst the people who voted for him. Sure there are some who will hang on to the belief of anything he says, and while they might not be "white nationals" they are racist in the same agent orange is. Just because his daughter converted to Judaism and he might know a few Jewish or even black people, and doesn't mean he's not prejudice or racist.

Those on the alt right who keyed into that are applauding it. I know the alt right isn't full of racists before you jump all over me for saying it, but it has become a refuge for their ideology and the few that probably support it.

Basically yes, I know Dumbfuckistan will vote for anyone as long as they have the right branding but that doesn't mean that Trump has Carte Blanche, he has been slapped down on every thing he has attempted to force through.

As to the Alt-right they are just the re-branding of the White Nationalist Movement, not everyone involved realizes how deep the rabbit hole goes but the founders were all hard core hate group devotees.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-02-2017, 02:18 AM

I feel sorry for you.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
17-02-2017, 03:12 AM
(16-02-2017 07:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

I think half of the threads were started by them.

Agreed, we dislike him almost as much as you guys
17-02-2017, 03:50 AM
(17-02-2017 03:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 07:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I think half of the threads were started by them.

Agreed, we dislike him almost as much as you guys

Can I suggest adding a "do" to the end of that sentence?

Big Grin

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
17-02-2017, 06:42 AM
Oops glaring omission two little letters missed turns post nasty. Hobo
Agreed, we dislike him almost as much as you guys do.
There fixed.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
17-02-2017, 08:20 AM
(17-02-2017 06:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Oops glaring omission two little letters missed turns post nasty. Hobo
Agreed, we dislike him almost as much as you guys do.
There fixed.

See man, you've not learned from Orange Leader. Even when faced with evidence, deny any mistake was made. Tongue Or say it's "a fake post, the mods edited me. I have the best posts. They're perfect. Everyone agrees."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post