Trump's Immigration Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: Trump's Immigration Ban
It got stopped again - Hawaii stopped it nation wide. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-03-2017, 12:00 AM
(15-03-2017 05:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  It got stopped again - Hawaii stopped it nation wide. Thumbsup

The problem is, it's the legal system that's now getting in his way - he and his supporters will try to clear them out of the way, by undermining them, slandering them, possibly even extending as far as intimidation. Not forgetting that if he can he'll try to influence things so that judges of his choosing are appointed to any vacant seats.

He's a good scumbag, he'll find ways to turn it to his advantage. He must have known that it would get shut down again, my guess is this was pure theatre.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-03-2017, 03:36 AM
(16-03-2017 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 05:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  It got stopped again - Hawaii stopped it nation wide. Thumbsup

The problem is, it's the legal system that's now getting in his way - he and his supporters will try to clear them out of the way, by undermining them, slandering them, possibly even extending as far as intimidation. Not forgetting that if he can he'll try to influence things so that judges of his choosing are appointed to any vacant seats.

He's a good scumbag, he'll find ways to turn it to his advantage. He must have known that it would get shut down again, my guess is this was pure theatre.

That is good news after all: The system of checks and balances over there works...still.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Does he care if they are citizens? I heard somewhere he honestly doesn't. I have a friend who's mom is an immigrant and became a citizen years back, she was born here though she is half south Korean.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
05-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Trump's morning tweets. Shoots himself in the foot - they certainly can't pass the travel ban now.

Quote:@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

In any event we are EXTREME VETTING people coming into the U.S. in order to help keep our country safe. The courts are slow and political!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-06-2017, 08:53 AM
(05-06-2017 07:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump's morning tweets. Shoots himself in the foot - they certainly can't pass the travel ban now.

Quote:@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

In any event we are EXTREME VETTING people coming into the U.S. in order to help keep our country safe. The courts are slow and political!

The Justice Dept. should ask for an expedited hearing of the watered down Travel Ban before the Supreme Court - & seek much tougher version!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!

Facepalm
Even Republicans in Congress are pointing out that the original idea of a travel restriction (for 4 months) was to assess how to do better screening. We are already more than 4 months into Trump's PresiDuncy and he has made no effort to relook security. The earliest that the Supreme Court could schedule a look at any restriction would be October - another 4 months from now. So the original "purpose" of the Exec Order has been made moot, and would have twice the "mootiness" in October.

Every week, I think that the Prez has exhausted his supply of stupid, only to realize that he seems to have an unending delivery/resupply line.
[+] 6 users Like Rockblossom's post
05-06-2017, 09:23 AM
(05-06-2017 08:53 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  ... Every week, I think that the Prez has exhausted his supply of stupid, only to realize that he seems to have an unending delivery/resupply line ...

That's the most depressing discovery of all - the quantity of stupid cannot be diminished by usage; it seems even that profligate usage increases the supply of what is an apparently infinite resource. Sad
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
05-06-2017, 09:39 AM
(05-06-2017 09:23 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  That's the most depressing discovery of all - the quantity of stupid cannot be diminished by usage; it seems even that profligate usage increases the supply of what is an apparently infinite resource. Sad

That's because there are so many more wrong answers than right answers.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
05-06-2017, 09:42 AM
(05-06-2017 09:23 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:53 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  ... Every week, I think that the Prez has exhausted his supply of stupid, only to realize that he seems to have an unending delivery/resupply line ...

That's the most depressing discovery of all - the quantity of stupid cannot be diminished by usage; it seems even that profligate usage increases the supply of what is an apparently infinite resource. Sad

No, it increases with the amount of rage he feels. Right up to spontaneous combustion.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-06-2017, 10:00 AM
(05-06-2017 09:23 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  

The man's twitter feed is depressing. Twitter should lock his accounts - both of them.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg