Trump's Narcissism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: Trump's Narcissism
(18-01-2016 11:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 09:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not as worried about it as most people are. I mean, sure, I have my opinions on what is best for the world, but really I just want world events to keep me entertained. Trump being president would accomplish that for sure. Remember some of the memorable quotes that Bush had? Trump will put them all to shame. Every speech, every interaction with another world leader... Trump in the office would just be, like, the best 4 to 8 year long reality TV show ever. Worst case scenario, we get pulled into World War 4 and everyone dies. I can live with that (metaphorically speaking, of course). Small price to pay for a good laugh.

I think he's already become stale and boring, I don't get the entertainment value holding up. Stupid humor can go on and on pretty easily but the same note arrogance humor wears off. I think Trump isn't crafty enough to mix it up. Like Putin jokieness I'm not interested in anymore, it's worn off the factor for me because it is too one-sided.

Trump inflated his narcissism to those points because it works. I've seen people talk about it showing up after certain points in his early business dealing when he realized it's a pattern that works well in business. It works when you always do have that upper hand of.. I don't need this deal, I can go elsewhere to spend my money there.

Some of his rhetoric is getting old, sure. But I'd sell my soul for the chance to watch him try to match wits with China and Putin, for example, as opposed to sitting back and regurgitating what he thinks he knows to voters, most of whom don't really know anything about the big picture.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Gotta admit, the fact he thought it was a good promo(and in america perhaps it was) to have a public statement in October or sometime around then to say.. "I like Christmas" does provide a little bit of hope for his future presentations.

Maybe his 1st thanksgiving instead of pardoning a turkey he'll deport the turkey to turkey.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-01-2016, 05:59 AM
The malignant version of narcissist worsens with age. When young, they just revel in every positive feedback and they are quite happy. A happy young narcissist can be a pleasure to be around - s/he is always fishing for compliments and lavishly rewards the ones who offer it - these people are called "narcissist supply".

As the Narcissist grows older, the supply runs shorter. Supply that voices criticism is viewed as traitors. Since a narcissist has no empathy, s/he often persecutes the traitor, bearing a grudge forever and using every opportunity to harm them.

The older the narcissist gets, the more depressed he gets. He NEEDS supply, he cannot live without it. So s/he turns from being admired and loved to being hated and feared. Either way, the level of importance must be maintained. Negative supply will also maintain his/her balance.

Trump is at his peak now. Every time he turns on the TV, he is featured. He is a happy man in his element now. And he is playing a dangerous gamble - not just for us, for himself, too. If he wins, he will be a vindictive, power drunk ruler. If he loses, it will hit him very, very hard. He will blame people and go after them. Having lost his positive supply, he will go after the negative - it doesn't matter whether people love or fear him - he is SOMEBODY.

Malignant narcissists end up being miserable later in life, depressed and desperate to draw attention. Many kill themselves. Many turn to alcohol.

Having a malignant narcissist as ruler is sitting on a powder keg.... and there are plenty of examples in history.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Why can't he be satisfied with being an extremely rich prat?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-01-2016, 08:40 AM
(19-01-2016 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why can't he be satisfied with being an extremely rich prat?

Because he is the smartest and most attractive male in the world. People who say things about his hair are just jealous. He is proud of his gorgeous hair, his ability to make people do his bidding, his infallible wit. He is a winner, and he will win the election.

In other words, he is delusional. Narcissists are delusional.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-01-2016, 10:23 AM
(19-01-2016 05:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  Malignant narcissists end up being miserable later in life, depressed and desperate to draw attention. Many kill themselves.

There you go getting my hopes up ...
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-01-2016, 10:30 AM
(19-01-2016 10:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 05:59 AM)Dom Wrote:  Malignant narcissists end up being miserable later in life, depressed and desperate to draw attention. Many kill themselves.

There you go getting my hopes up ...

Lol. Not every narcissist is malignant, most are benign.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-01-2016, 10:38 AM
(19-01-2016 10:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 10:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There you go getting my hopes up ...

Lol. Not every narcissist is malignant, most are benign.

Trump is as benign as a good case of lymphoma.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Germany has elected a narcissist in 1933. It didn't go well. I'd advise the USA against repeating the same mistake.
[+] 3 users Like Naridar's post
19-01-2016, 02:28 PM
(19-01-2016 08:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why can't he be satisfied with being an extremely rich prat?

Because he is the smartest and most attractive male in the world. People who say things about his hair are just jealous. He is proud of his gorgeous hair, his ability to make people do his bidding, his infallible wit. He is a winner, and he will win the election.

In other words, he is delusional. Narcissists are delusional.

I heard a point made this morning in relation to Trump and his winner attitude that really reflects this concept.

The point was that if he were to lose the first primary of Iowa, it would pretty much damage his whole view and direction of his campaign. His concept and view is built upon him being a "winner" whenever he was asked about his position in his race or the joke of it, he brings up I'm leading in the polls. I'm #1 there and in this spot... Just simply losing the 1st real state vote may be enough to tarnish his whole vision and proclamation of being really the winning guy in the race.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson