Trump's Narcissism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: Trump's Narcissism
(11-02-2016 02:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Many of them (including the man himself) are far more intelligent and educated than you and I can ever hope to be. If you think his answers are wrong, feel free to demonstrate it.

He's a xenophobe. He's never given any specifics about how he plans to "make America great again". He has a bachelor's degree. If that's "far more intelligent and educated than you or I can ever hope to be" one can only feel sorry for you. He inherited wealth, and declared bankruptcy 4 times. As far as I know, he's the only candidate Britain ever actually talked about "banning". Yeah, he really has "wide appeal".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-02-2016, 06:05 AM
He is emotionally unstable, prone to rage, revenge oriented and he has broad, meaningless slogans and no plan.

Hitler was infinitely more organized and capable. The only thing they share is narcissism ( used to be called "delusions of grandeur") and the ensuing emotional instability.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-02-2016, 06:14 AM
(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  So you're saying he did not do or say these widely publicised things?
No, I'm saying that your description of them does not match the reality of what he said.

(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  Comment on the sexism please?
What sexism? His feud with Megyn Kelly has nothing to do with her gender. The other Republican debates had female moderators as well and he didn't take issue with that. What he did take issue with is the fact that Kelly is a terrible moderator because she questioned his stance on women during one of the Republican debates based on, in part, something he said in an episode of a scripted entertainment TV show. Why didn't she ask him about his stance on men? Trump dishes out insults against both men and women all the time - if that isn't promoting gender equality, then I don't know what is. Laugh out load

Jokes aside, if you think that Trump is sexist, you should definitely read this article about his revolutionary approach (at the time) towards women in business.

(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  The anti-Muslim comments are also indisputable. Everyone, including other republicans, repudiated him over that.
Everyone? Are you sure about that? If you think it's a good idea to let Muslims (e.g. Syrian refugees) enter the country without a proper vetting process (which is what Trump wants), just take a look at Paris in France, Cologne in Germany and all the other places in Europe where they have caused mayhem. His ban is supposed to be temporary, nor permanent, by the way.

(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  The only place you may have wiggle room is the wall. Incidentally your link tells me I must prove I'm not a robot to access Donald J Trump dot com, since I am a robot, I cannot follow it.
Your comment about the wall was the most inaccurate one out of them all. He wants to build a wall to keep illegal immigrants from every country out of the US, not just Mexicans. He wants them to come in legally the same way that hundreds of thousands of other immigrants from all over the world did. What's wrong with that?

(11-02-2016 04:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Probably because like me he can see the potential dangers for the world if such an unstable individual is elected leader of the most powerful nation in the world. Trump has no filter and bullies make lousy diplomats. There is genuine concern amongst peoples of other nations,we can see things from a different perspective looking from the outside in and our view is unobscured by internal colloquialism and what we see is very scary indeed.
People of other nations? I'm from Central Europe myself, you know. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-02-2016, 06:25 AM
(11-02-2016 05:23 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's never given any specifics about how he plans to "make America great again".
(11-02-2016 06:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  He is emotionally unstable, prone to rage, revenge oriented and he has broad, meaningless slogans and no plan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions
http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

11-02-2016, 06:50 AM
(11-02-2016 06:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  So you're saying he did not do or say these widely publicised things?
No, I'm saying that your description of them does not match the reality of what he said.

What sexism? His feud with Megyn Kelly has nothing to do with her gender. The other Republican debates had female moderators as well and he didn't take issue with that. What he did take issue with is the fact that Kelly is a terrible moderator because she questioned his stance on women during one of the Republican debates based on, in part, something he said in an episode of a scripted entertainment TV show. Why didn't she ask him about his stance on men? Trump dishes out insults against both men and women all the time - if that isn't promoting gender equality, then I don't know what is. Laugh out load

Jokes aside, if you think that Trump is sexist, you should definitely read this article about his revolutionary approach (at the time) towards women in business.

(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  The anti-Muslim comments are also indisputable. Everyone, including other republicans, repudiated him over that.
Everyone? Are you sure about that? If you think it's a good idea to let Muslims (e.g. Syrian refugees) enter the country without a proper vetting process (which is what Trump wants), just take a look at Paris in France, Cologne in Germany and all the other places in Europe where they have caused mayhem. His ban is supposed to be temporary, nor permanent, by the way.

(11-02-2016 04:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  The only place you may have wiggle room is the wall. Incidentally your link tells me I must prove I'm not a robot to access Donald J Trump dot com, since I am a robot, I cannot follow it.
Your comment about the wall was the most inaccurate one out of them all. He wants to build a wall to keep illegal immigrants from every country out of the US, not just Mexicans. He wants them to come in legally the same way that hundreds of thousands of other immigrants from all over the world did. What's wrong with that?

(11-02-2016 04:57 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Probably because like me he can see the potential dangers for the world if such an unstable individual is elected leader of the most powerful nation in the world. Trump has no filter and bullies make lousy diplomats. There is genuine concern amongst peoples of other nations,we can see things from a different perspective looking from the outside in and our view is unobscured by internal colloquialism and what we see is very scary indeed.

Seriously Shocking I'm actually genuinely very surprised to hear that, I would have bet good money that you were a committed republican and would have lost the lotBig Grin
11-02-2016, 07:16 AM
(11-02-2016 06:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

And I'm not racist if I have black co-workers I promote and am friends with... except that isn't a shift at all. And what about Megyn Kelly? that's one person that I'm not sure how well that matters to the overall concept of his attitudes and approaches in conversation.
Quote:

There is dozens of things you can pinpoint wrong with it. From the economic struggle on points that may spring up more harmful from hampering the potential deportation and boarder building, to the cost as it was mocked by ex. mexican president recently in the potential concept of the nation paying, to the idea of it protecting while you do have other still open avenues, and even the arbitrary distinctions made when bolstering what "america's" greatness is. As to many that would make it less great as it's an arbitrary demand to establish based largely on fear.

He also in his points said Mexico sends it's criminals as illegals and that the majority is full people such as rapists or dealers and only "some" crossing are decent people. YET in other interviews he says he has no clue how many immagrants have come across and says it could be like 10K or reports could be so off it could be like 200,000. So how does he know what the majority of a people are if he knows not even what comes close to the majority?

Quote:
Which is why you may see some of those views as more dangerous and immanent than others may. While the illusion is illegal immigration is bad for American isn't necessarily functionally accurate at all.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-02-2016, 09:03 AM
(11-02-2016 06:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Seriously Shocking I'm actually genuinely very surprised to hear that, I would have bet good money that you were a committed republican and would have lost the lotBig Grin
I don't think the Republicans would like me very much considering that I'm an atheist like most people on this forum. I would probably be viewed as an Independent in the US since I don't like to affiliate myself with either of the two big parties. I like both Trump and Bernie but I think that only one of them has a realistic shot at making a difference in the US. The Republican-controlled Congress would cockblock Sanders ten times harder than they cockblocked Obama during his two terms. Laugh out load

It should be noted that there are quite a few things Trump said that I disagree with even though I'm one his most outspoken supporters. I don't like his position on waterboarding and torture at all because it's cruel and inhumane by its very nature and because it's ineffective for gathering reliable intel. I also vehemently disagree with his position on vaccines, global warming and marijuana. That last one isn't out of self-interest, by the way. Just like the man himself, I don't do drugs of any kind. However, I still recognize that there is not a single valid argument against the legalization of weed and that the War on Drugs is causing tremendous harm to the country and its people. He does support the federal legalization of medical marijuana, but I don't think that goes far enough.

11-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Allow me to quote you some Trump:

(taken from here).

Quote:"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Quote:"I have a great relationship with the blacks."

Quote:"You know, it really doesn`t matter what [the media] write as long as you`ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

Quote:"I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

Quote:"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems...they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists."

Quote:"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down." –Donald Trump, making an unfounded accusation regarding the 9/11 attacks

Quote:"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate

Totally not a racist, sexist prick. Totally the most presidential looking and wonderful of all the republican candidates. Totally not a vapid, self-obsessed dickhead.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-02-2016, 09:10 AM
(11-02-2016 09:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 06:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Seriously Shocking I'm actually genuinely very surprised to hear that, I would have bet good money that you were a committed republican and would have lost the lotBig Grin
I don't think the Republicans would like me very much considering that I'm an atheist like most people on this forum. I would probably be viewed as an Independent in the US since I don't like to affiliate myself with either of the two big parties. I like both Trump and Bernie but I think that only one of them has a realistic shot at making a difference in the US. The Republican-controlled Congress would cockblock Sanders ten times harder than they cockblocked Obama during his two terms. Laugh out load

It should be noted that there are quite a few things Trump said that I disagree with even though I'm one his most outspoken supporters. I don't like his position on waterboarding and torture at all because it's cruel and inhumane by its very nature and because it's ineffective for gathering reliable intel. I also vehemently disagree with his position on vaccines, global warming and marijuana. That last one isn't out of self-interest, by the way. Just like the man himself, I don't do drugs of any kind. However, I still recognize that there is not a single valid argument against the legalization of weed and that the War on Drugs is causing tremendous harm to the country and its people. He does support the federal legalization of medical marijuana, but I don't think that goes far enough.

I don't get what you think is different in so many ways about Trump in how he'll get along with congress. Trump isn't liked to these degrees either and that won't change with the strength of republican split of several members wanting nothing to pass. I think that's a gigantic misstep based on how the results and impact of the actual presidents effect on congress would go.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-02-2016, 09:19 AM
(11-02-2016 09:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  Allow me to quote you some Trump:

(taken from here).

Quote:"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Quote:"I have a great relationship with the blacks."

Quote:"You know, it really doesn`t matter what [the media] write as long as you`ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

Quote:"I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

Quote:"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems...they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists."

Quote:"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down." –Donald Trump, making an unfounded accusation regarding the 9/11 attacks

Quote:"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate

Totally not a racist, sexist prick. Totally the most presidential looking and wonderful of all the republican candidates. Totally not a vapid, self-obsessed dickhead.
How are any of these statements racist or sexist? Huh
racism
1. Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior
2. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

sexism
1. Prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex

As for the 'unfounded' accusation...