Trump's Phoenix rally

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Trump's Phoenix rally
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Prote...923755.php

Quote:Protesters blocked a main highway leading into the Phoenix suburb where Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump staged a campaign rally Saturday alongside Arizona's contentious sheriff, Joe Arpaio.

Tempers flared at the rally itself, but without the violence that marred Trump's event in Chicago a week earlier and with none of the candidate's usual goading of protesters from the stage.

For hours, about two dozen protesters parked their cars in the middle of the main road to the event, unfurling banners reading "Dump Trump" and "Must Stop Trump," and chanting "Trump is hate." Traffic was backed up for miles, with drivers honking in fury.

The road was eventually cleared and protesters marched down the highway to the rally site, weaving between Trump supporters who booed and jeered them.

Trump supporter Geroy Morgan, 62, made it to the rally but was furious at the demonstrators, some of whom still stood around after the event ended.

"We come here, the silent majority, to express our opinions," Morgan said. "They don't have any permits or rights."

Trump and Arpaio have formed a political alliance in recent months, and the billionaire hopes Arizona can serve as a model on how he could win in November. The tough-talking lawman is sheriff of Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix and nearly two-thirds of Arizona's population. He forced inmates to wear pink underwear and live outside in tents during triple-digit heat. The sheriff has endorsed Trump and introduced him at the rally.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: Trump's Phoenix rally
Meanwhile in the republican party:

http://wingatewire.com/2016/03/19/mitt-r...-stopping/

Quote:The Republican establishment intensified efforts to stop Donald Trump from winning the party nomination with its 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney calling for a strategic vote against him only to have the billionaire firing back. Both Cruz, who is Southern Baptist, and former 2016 candidate Ben Carson, who is Seventh-Day Adventist, have had to reaffirm the particulars of their faith after being questioned by Trump.

"I think he's the best alternative to beat Donald Trump", Graham told CNN. He stated: "Today, there is a contest between Trumpism and Republicanism".

Utah is one of four contests scheduled for Tuesday.

"Do I love the Mormons?" Graham said that Ohio Governor John Kaisch was the, "most viable general election candidate", but called him an "insider" in an election year dominated by outsiders, telling Bash, "just don't see how John gets through the primary".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-03-2016, 07:59 PM
The following also happened at this rally. I wonder what the media is going to say about this, considering that it was a black Trump supporter who beat up the protester. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
19-03-2016, 08:02 PM
...not the context of Phoenix I was hoping for.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-03-2016, 08:04 PM
(19-03-2016 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The following also happened at this rally. I wonder what the media is going to say about this, considering that it was a black Trump supporter who beat up the protester. Consider

Wait black people support trump?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
19-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Just goes to show that it's stupid to classify people by race.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-03-2016, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2016 08:57 PM by Imathinker.)
Holy fuck. I gotta say I haven't watched any footage of violence at Trump's events until now. That is one messed up motherfucker to knock the shit out of someone like that. I couldn't do that if you paid me. Who cares what color his skin is.
edit: I am perhaps 25% less appalled because it was a KKK supporter he punched apparently

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
19-03-2016, 09:16 PM
ClapClapClap
So much better than the usual crap on TV.
Popcorn

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-03-2016, 10:10 PM
(19-03-2016 08:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The following also happened at this rally. I wonder what the media is going to say about this, considering that it was a black Trump supporter who beat up the protester. Consider

Wait black people support trump?

I saw that video clip. I'm mystified as well. How can ANY person of color support Trump? It just defies belief.
19-03-2016, 10:34 PM
The overuse of the racist classifier is in fact one of the reasons it no longer discourages people. 10 years ago being called racist meant something. Today the term is thrown around to essentially mean anyone who doesn't identify as left. Those being called racist every 8 seconds predictably don't care any more.

As nuts as Trump may be, I don't think racism has as much to do with his popularity as most of you would like to believe. The real reasons people are fed up with mainstream politics to the point of going with someone like Trump are reasons shared by people of all races, though some more than others. Hell he's even got Mexican supporters. His opposition better pull their heads out of their assess, or they're just going to be dealing with the next Trump in four years, whoever it might be.

Like I said before, Trumps are a dime a dozen. It's this growing demographic of disillusioned voters that need to be addressed.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post