Trump's Phoenix rally

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Trump's Phoenix rally
(19-03-2016 04:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Prote...923755.php

Quote:Protesters blocked a main highway leading into the Phoenix suburb where Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump staged a campaign rally Saturday alongside Arizona's contentious sheriff, Joe Arpaio.

Tempers flared at the rally itself, but without the violence that marred Trump's event in Chicago a week earlier and with none of the candidate's usual goading of protesters from the stage.

For hours, about two dozen protesters parked their cars in the middle of the main road to the event, unfurling banners reading "Dump Trump" and "Must Stop Trump," and chanting "Trump is hate." Traffic was backed up for miles, with drivers honking in fury.

The road was eventually cleared and protesters marched down the highway to the rally site, weaving between Trump supporters who booed and jeered them.

Trump supporter Geroy Morgan, 62, made it to the rally but was furious at the demonstrators, some of whom still stood around after the event ended.

"We come here, the silent majority, to express our opinions," Morgan said. "They don't have any permits or rights."

Trump and Arpaio have formed a political alliance in recent months, and the billionaire hopes Arizona can serve as a model on how he could win in November. The tough-talking lawman is sheriff of Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix and nearly two-thirds of Arizona's population. He forced inmates to wear pink underwear and live outside in tents during triple-digit heat. The sheriff has endorsed Trump and introduced him at the rally.

It's funny, Dom. I attended a Trump rally out in Mobile, AL last August. Back then he was a political curiosity rapidly gaining support from the conservative base, largely dismissed by the media.

The rally was impressive. They were originally planning to hold it at a convention center in town, but response was so overwhelming they had to move it out to a 40,000 seat outdoor football stadium. Attendance was about 16000-17000 and it probably drew visitors from as far away as New Orleans and Tallahassee.

I was sitting in bleachers Way up in the nosebleed seats with a few dozen or so angry liberals who sat silently watch the whole thing. The rally did it attract virtually an entire white audience, mostly middle-aged and elderly. Very few minorities save only a handful of protesters Who were down in front center field maybe only 30 or so yards from the podium.

The rally itself started off with your typical political fanfare. They had music followed by a series of local Republican politicians and endorsing Trump. I don't remember their names per se but that's who showed up. Then the Donald took the stage in khakis and a blazer and sporting a 'Make America Great Again' baseball cap. Back in those days Trump basically had the following schtick: America is in terrible shape. I'll build a wall and by the way, I'm really rich.

Between Trump and a gathering of camera crews and reporters the local and national media was an area where the Trump's most fervent supporters as well as his critics and protesters were gathered together. The protesters brought signs with them and did a lot of yelling at Trump as I recall. But I don't seem to recall any of Trump supporters being outraged or violent against them. In fact Trump himself seemed to enjoy verbally sparring with them. Only recently have these rallies started to take on an authoritarian and fascist tone where the rallygoers will physically assault someone. Fortunately the cunt in Phoenix as well as the guy in North Carolina are facing felony assault charges for what they did. Maybe that will cool off these rallies. I doubt it though.

In the end Trump is the mongrel bitch who whelped what AM talk radio and other conservative news outlets have sired over the past 30 or so years: a chimera of authoritarian, nationalistic, fact averse nimrods hoping to create a society and government specifically tailored to their liking and use it to drive out anything or anyone who doesn't fall in line with their vision. This scares the country club Republicans who solicited these people to gain votes with the expectation that these useful idiots would not trod upon their corridors of power after they cast their votes; now these inmates have seized the asylum. I guess you really can't call up the devil and then expect him to behave.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
20-03-2016, 02:04 AM
Trump's good for the country: he gives us a window through which we can see how far we have yet to go.

ETA: not bad, as 3000th posts go.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-03-2016, 07:36 AM
When does the footage of rising from the ashes come out?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-03-2016, 08:06 AM
This is bullshit. This is blaming the victim. Trump does what all bullies do, when you stand up to them, they accuse you of what they are doing and started.

I don't give on fuck about the pockets you can point to. This storm started in 07 when the GOP freaked out that Obama not only got the nomination, but the day after his election THAT NOVEMBER, 2 months BEFORE he took his first oath, the GOP said they would make him a 1 term president. And who said nothing when the conspiracy nuts were calling Obama a secret Muslim and questioned his birth certificate and who took that bullshit and promoted it? TRUMP! And outside McCain the right wing media and the GOP didn't do shit to shoot it down.

Trump simply took the bigotry and xenophobia and poured gas on the fire. You don't get to blame the victim for what the bully started. NO and fuck you! If you didn't want it getting this far, then you should have been telling the GOP to shut the fuck up back in 07 and demand they stick to economics. LOOK IN THE FUCKING MIRROR!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2016, 08:11 AM
The supporters of Mein Drumpf need to look at his Facebook page and his Twitter page. No substance, all talk about him and his polls and his bullshit tough guy talk. That asshole thinks Jerry Springer is good politics. This isn't a fucking game and this isn't a cable TV show. He has absolutely no fucking business holding public office.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
20-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? BULLSHIT! Deport 11 million humans, with what cattle cars? BULLSHIT.

That asshole's slogan might as well be "Make Germany Great Again".

20-03-2016, 10:33 AM
I found this gem today:

[Image: Dz9BaA9.jpg]

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
20-03-2016, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 11:27 AM by GirlyMan.)
The more I watch Trump, the more I think he is the Vosurian candidate. Trump goes Republican so he can eat them from the inside out and expose their bigotry and racism and xenophobia and insecurity and general hypocrisy. He don't want to be POTUS. He wants to increase the value of his brand and make sure none of the Republicans make it to the White House and the Dems regain control of the Senate.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Look, they found old footage of Trump's 1970s activism.

20-03-2016, 12:01 PM
Trump's Phoenix rally
(19-03-2016 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The following also happened at this rally. I wonder what the media is going to say about this, considering that it was a black Trump supporter who beat up the protester. Consider

That was a good pop to the face.