Trump's Taxes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2016, 03:20 AM
RE: Trump's Taxes
(07-10-2016 03:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 02:52 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  IRC that is effectively what a UK general said: if they can pass the same tests they can do the same job.

From a couple of stories about female combat medics they certainly have the balls courage!

But we must protect our wimmin!!!
Known a few "wimmin" I would need protecting from if they got stroppy! My female, 60yo, American archaeologist friend still swings a pick-axe harder and longer than I ever could!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2016, 07:02 AM
(06-10-2016 11:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I was going to get involved in the email bullshit and even wrote something but said fuck it.

So I'll leave this here:

Jim Webb? Let's review some things he has said.

"No benefit to anyone can come from women serving in combat."

"If a minister can lead the Senate in prayer every day ... what is so wrong with beginning every day of school with an ecumenical prayer?"

And of course, who could forget him saying this gem in the Democratic debate with a smirk on his face: "I'd have to say the enemy soldier that threw the grenade that wounded me, but he's not around right now to talk to."

He's a Democrat like I'm a purple breadbox. It's easy for you to say you'd like to see him as president because you don't live in our fucking country. The guy is a walking pressure-cooker with boiling testosterone.
Sorry Will, but when you callously dismiss a decorated war hero as a "pressure-cooker with boiling testosterone" on the basis of a single sound bite (a joke, no less) and try to argue that he's not a Democrat because some of his views don't align with the Democratic platform, all it does is demonstrate that you're not someone who can be reasoned with. I already gathered that impression from your previous posts in this section so this incident only serves to cements that view for me.

(06-10-2016 10:56 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You continue to lose everyone's respect here with every post you make.
Speak for yourself.

I agree he's a war hero, but he gets a pass on his insensitive comments and archaic thinking because of that? He has been dogged by his "Women can't fight" piece for decades and rightfully so. He served under Reagan and only recently moved to the democratic side. If his views don't align with the Democratic platform then, yes, I don't think he's a true dem. Asking for religion in schools disqualifies him, for one.

And I didn't dismiss him over one sound byte. And to say so dismissively that that sound byte you're referring to was a joke shows how out of touch you really are with MY nation's political temperature. He smirked and it may have been a joke to him, but the country wasn't laughing and he was gone from the stage by the next debate.

And you're right, I shouldn't speak for everyone regarding LDH's comments. I'll let his comments speak for him. Thumbsup

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-10-2016, 09:27 AM
(06-10-2016 10:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 09:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Do you qualify to join the VFW?

I do. I'm a member.

And I can say from experience that women do not belong in combat. I have no problem with them being in the military. I also have no problems with them being in the actual warzone in a support role. But actual combat? Jim Webb is right. They are a liability. They couldn't do the things men could do. Sometimes it takes 2-3 of them to do what one man could do. That's not sexism. That's fact.

Then you have a minimum bench-press standard for active combat or something, dipshit. If there is a minimum requirement, and women meet or exceed it like everyone else, then what is the problem?

Or are we also going to eliminate all of the men who also cannot do what a single ubermensch can? Facepalm

Except that's not what we have. We have different standards for both sexes, then give them the same job as men. When I was a gunner in the Navy, I had two female gunner's that couldn't lift the 75 pound projectile into the loading drum on the Mk 45 gun. Yet they were Mk 45 techs. They couldn't do the basic requirements of the job. The majority of the time they had to ask one of the other male gunners to loosen a bolt or carry a 100 pound drum of hydraulic fluid. Even the weakest of male gunners could do it. During actual combat/live fire exercises they were useless. I had to give them communications jobs or cleaning duties.

Yes, there are some women strong enough. But they're such a small % of the population and spread across the military ranks. I didn't know 1 woman in 10 years that could load a 20 round drum of projectiles in the required time without breaks. In war, there are no breaks.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
07-10-2016, 09:35 AM
(07-10-2016 09:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Except that's not what we have. We have different standards for both sexes,

Not in Ranger school we don't.

#sigh
07-10-2016, 10:01 AM
(07-10-2016 09:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Except that's not what we have. We have different standards for both sexes,

Not in Ranger school we don't.

That's not the real Ranger school. That's just to carry the code. To be in an actual Ranger in the 75th Regiment you have to complete RASP, which no female has been able to do. Each Ranger regiment has their own standards. The "Ranger" school this female completed is considered a leadership course. One does not even need it to try out for a real Ranger Regiment.

07-10-2016, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 01:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-10-2016 10:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 09:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not in Ranger school we don't.

That's not the real Ranger school. That's just to carry the code. To be in an actual Ranger in the 75th Regiment you have to complete RASP, which no female has been able to do. Each Ranger regiment has their own standards. The "Ranger" school this female completed is considered a leadership course. One does not even need it to try out for a real Ranger Regiment.

uh ... yeah. It says that in the article.

"Ranger School is the Army’s premier combat leadership course, teaching students how to overcome fatigue, hunger and stress to lead soldiers in small-unit combat operations. It is separate from the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Soldiers who have earned Ranger Tabs, male or female, are not automatically part of the regiment, which has its own requirements and assessment process."

(07-10-2016 10:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  To be in an actual Ranger in the 75th Regiment you have to complete RASP, which no female has been able to do.

Well that would indicate to me that contrary to your claim no standards have been lowered.

#sigh
07-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Ranger school notwithstanding, 99.9% of all military standards are different for women than men. This increases the work load for men in jobs that require strength/condtioning. (Construction, ammo loaders, mechanics etc).

07-10-2016, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 12:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-10-2016 10:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Ranger school notwithstanding, 99.9% of all military standards are different for women than men.

I doubt it. Army opens 19,700 field artillery jobs to women. Sure weren't any different standards in the USN (except they couldn't go on subs then, think they can now). Took the same written and physical tests as I did in nuke school. And now SEAL training is open to women. Navy SEALs won't change standards for women, admiral says. Matter of fact I can't think of any NEC which has different standards for women.

#sigh
07-10-2016, 01:28 PM
(07-10-2016 12:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 10:19 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Ranger school notwithstanding, 99.9% of all military standards are different for women than men.

I doubt it. Army opens 19,700 field artillery jobs to women. Sure weren't any different standards in the USN (except they couldn't go on subs then, think they can now). Took the same written and physical tests as I did in nuke school. And now SEAL training is open to women. Navy SEALs won't change standards for women, admiral says. Matter of fact I can't think of any NEC which has different standards for women.

Are you deliberately making misleading statements? The physical tests are the same, the STANDARDS are not.

Because I just went and checked the Navy PRT standards and women only have to do 19 pushups compared to 50 for a man. Woman has 15 minutes to run 1 1/2 miles. Man has 12 minutes 30 seconds.

It's the same just to get out of army boot camp. A man has to do 22 more pushups than a woman and has 3 minutes less to run 2 miles. Yet women can apply for the same jobs. They do less work, can carry less weight, get injured easier and slow things down. The Marine Corp said as much in their integration report, where they specifically asked to not let women into combat.

07-10-2016, 02:16 PM
(07-10-2016 01:28 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 12:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I doubt it. Army opens 19,700 field artillery jobs to women. Sure weren't any different standards in the USN (except they couldn't go on subs then, think they can now). Took the same written and physical tests as I did in nuke school. And now SEAL training is open to women. Navy SEALs won't change standards for women, admiral says. Matter of fact I can't think of any NEC which has different standards for women.

Are you deliberately making misleading statements? The physical tests are the same, the STANDARDS are not.

Because I just went and checked the Navy PRT standards and women only have to do 19 pushups compared to 50 for a man. Woman has 15 minutes to run 1 1/2 miles. Man has 12 minutes 30 seconds.

It's the same just to get out of army boot camp. A man has to do 22 more pushups than a woman and has 3 minutes less to run 2 miles. Yet women can apply for the same jobs. They do less work, can carry less weight, get injured easier and slow things down. The Marine Corp said as much in their integration report, where they specifically asked to not let women into combat.

If only 1%, or even 0.1%, of female applicants make the grade that is still an advance. Is it a natter of numbers or equal opportunity?

Providing failed female entrants do not get in the way of more able male entrants the numbers do not count. A "summer school" type event could be an initial filter, with the top x%, regardless of gender, getting to advance.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.