Trump's Taxes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 02:20 AM
RE: Trump's Taxes
(06-10-2016 12:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 04:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, same goes for the Wall Street speeches that Clinton categorically refuses to release. What a curious coincidence that nobody in the corporate mainstream media or on TTA is talking about those anymore.

And this makes Trump a better candidate exactly how?

He *is* a better candidate. He just gets picked on because people make videos of him talking.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
06-10-2016, 02:49 AM
I really dont get the fuzz about Trump. Hes s complete tool. I wuold be embarassed to vote for such an idiot. He is publicly verbally attacking a former beauty queen? He is constantly talking utter bullshit, and this is supposed to be the new "leader of the free world"? I would laugh if it wasnt so sad.

Yeah, hes against the political establishment, definitely. But so is a gorilla.

The main problems american citizens should be (imho, im not american) concerned about is: how did your political landscape get so far as to having to chose between those two of all candidates!? These two are the best candidates the political class has to offer?

Looks like the system needs to be changed/updated (more than 2 candidates eligible) or the political class needs to be investigated.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
06-10-2016, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 03:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-10-2016 06:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 05:30 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  That because she isn't running against Bernie anymore.
The issue of transparency stands on its own merits, regardless of who she is running against.

Presidents for the last 40 years have made their tax records a matter of public record, there is no precedent for handing over private emails.

Plus, there was a whole FBI investigation that already found her innocent of criminal wrongdoing. Meanwhile Trump is being audited by the IRS (already a red flag) and continues to use that as an excuse even when the IRS has repeatedly said on the record that their audit does not prevent him from making his tax returns public.

And don't even start with that "mainstream media bias" crap, because the bullshit thing about the coverage is everyone already pretending like the two situations are somehow equivalent, when they are not. Just how many more campaign ending gaffes is Trump going to get away with? It's almost like the worse he gets, the more he lowers everyone else's expectations. I'm seriously questioning if there is a bottom for Trump's awfulness to reach; because every time he hits the floor, he smashes right through it the next chance he gets.

Just remember: If you can't pay taxes because you are poor and need public assistance, you are a moocher. If you use the same system to subsidize your business failures, screw people out of their income, and still manage to pay no taxes? Then you're a smart businessman. Imagine how quickly Hillary would have fallen if she said anything close to that stupid in the debate.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2016, 04:11 AM
(06-10-2016 03:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And don't even start with that "mainstream media bias" crap, because the bullshit thing about the coverage is everyone already pretending like the two situations are somehow equivalent, when they are not. Just how many more campaign ending gaffes is Trump going to get away with? It's almost like the worse he gets, the more he lowers everyone else's expectations. I'm seriously questioning if there is a bottom for Trump's awfulness to reach; because every time he hits the floor, he smashes right through it the next chance he gets.

He's running a non-standard campaign. Unexpectedly it turns out that there's a vast number of people - close to half the electorate - susceptible to his blend of racism and nationalism. He got to the trough first so he's going to eat his fill, but I fully expect to see more far right politicians in the US following the glorious path he has blazed. The point is, in this case, angry stupid fear sells. As long as he produces more of that, he's unsinkable.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-10-2016, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 04:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-10-2016 04:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's running a non-standard campaign. Unexpectedly it turns out that there's a vast number of people - close to half the electorate - susceptible to his blend of racism and nationalism. He got to the trough first so he's going to eat his fill, but I fully expect to see more far right politicians in the US following the glorious path he has blazed. The point is, in this case, angry stupid fear sells. As long as he produces more of that, he's unsinkable.

[Image: trump-mussolini.jpg]

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-George Santayana

How quickly so many mistake patriotism for that cancerous condition called nationalism.

[Image: quote-Albert-Einstein-nationalism-is-an-...1045_1.png]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2016, 04:20 AM
(05-10-2016 09:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Really? Tax returns and private talks are equivalent? Consider
Who said they're equivalent?

(06-10-2016 12:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  And this makes Trump a better candidate exactly how?
Who said that it makes Trump a better candidate?

(06-10-2016 12:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  And what exactly makes croporate mainstream media´s reports wrong? The "corporate" part, or was ist "mainstream"?
What makes the corporate mainstream media wrong is the fact that they have been caught making up claims entirely and selectively editing video footage to suit their agenda. About a week ago, for instance, CNN edited the footage of the Charlotte Shooting to remove the parts of the video where the officer ordered the man to drop his gun.

(06-10-2016 12:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  How is "corporate mainstream media" able to misrepresent Trump, when all you have to do is watch him perform in one of his speeches, uncut, without comment, just raw Trump.

Mainstream media dont have to work on him. Trump is doing this all by himself, as soon as he opens his mouth.
You're right, they don't have to work on him, but they do it anyway. I can post some articles that demonstrate my point for you if you haven't paid attention to the media reports this past year.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-10-2016, 04:23 AM
(06-10-2016 03:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Presidents for the last 40 years have made their tax records a matter of public record, there is no precedent for handing over private emails.
The transparency issue in question is about the speeches she gave to Wall Street banks for $250,000 a piece, not her private e-mails. Try to keep up.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-10-2016, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2016 04:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-10-2016 04:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 03:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Presidents for the last 40 years have made their tax records a matter of public record, there is no precedent for handing over private emails.
The transparency issue in question is about the speeches she gave to Wall Street banks for $250,000 a piece, not her private e-mails. Try to keep up.

Yeah, that looks bad, and I don't like it.

But it's still not Trump University fraud bad. It's not Trump being a idiotic narcissistic bad. It's not world ending stupidity bad.

Plus, while we're at it, there's no 40 year precedent for releasing those either; nor is Hillary supplying such a blatant lie for an excuse.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-10-2016, 04:53 AM
(06-10-2016 03:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
Plus, there was a whole FBI investigation that already found her innocent of criminal wrongdoing.

Interesting. That's not how I heard the FBI guy's presentation.

My take away was ... guilty but not charged.

Comey Wrote:To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-10-2016, 05:18 AM
(06-10-2016 04:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How quickly so many mistake patriotism for that cancerous condition called nationalism.

[Image: quote-Albert-Einstein-nationalism-is-an-...1045_1.png]

Ah-bloody-men!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post