Trump's first week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Trump's first week
(28-01-2017 04:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The UK is planning to have the largest protest ever known in London when President Fart comes to visit. They're planning on trying to shut down all of London. I hope they succeed. This man is mentally ill.

There's another protest on April 15th here in the US.

Release your taxes you asshole!

I will be amongst the demonstrators in London if this happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-01-2017, 10:50 AM
(29-01-2017 07:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 04:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We laugh at "protesters" and their temper tantrums. It solves nothing. It produces nothing.

Republicans are in full control of everything from governor's seats to state legislatures to the congress and soon the courts with 104 federal court appointments to fill.

All this means is that you don't fully understand the mechanics of your own government. Sad really. There are currently 33 Republican governors and 16 Democrat governors, plus one independent—hardly "full" control LOL.

And Republican v. Democrat numbers in Senate; 52-48, and Republican v. Democrat in House of Reps; 241-194. Again, hardly overwhelming control.

BTW, I took it that there were only 94 court judges; one in each Federal district. Is your 104 figure correct?
It's not, LDH is talking out of his ass again. Yes there are 94 Federal District Courts, but they tend to have more than one judge on them, and there are 13 appellate courts at the federal level, not counting the U.S. Supreme Court. There are in fact 860 Article III (of the Constitution) Federal judgeships as of 2015 and 20 Article I Federal judgeships. And before LDH claims that link isn't right and doesn't bother to click it, it's from the official government website of the United States court system.

Now before LDH goes, "But I meant vacant positions that need to be filled, stupid liberals", that would be 114 open judgeships, for which the President has nominated zero people (who under Article III of the Constitution, must be approved by the U.S. Senate and are appointed for lifetime terms or until retirement).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-01-2017, 11:06 AM
LDH is laughing now but he won't be once America is fubar
29-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Only 1374 days until the next Presidential Election.

Tuesday November 3, 2020

Hang in there.

Big Grin

29-01-2017, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2017 11:54 AM by Full Circle.)
(28-01-2017 04:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Embrace it, deal with it, or leave.

[Image: bf26702c41f67115d51cb25505468844.jpg]

Get used it, embrace it, deal with it, or leave.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-01-2017, 11:51 AM
(29-01-2017 11:47 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 04:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Embrace it, deal with it, or leave.

[Image: bf26702c41f67115d51cb25505468844.jpg]

Get used it, embrace it, deal with it, or leave.

Also along that line of thought:
[Image: HEYvpX0.png]

[+] 8 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-01-2017, 11:58 AM
(29-01-2017 10:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 07:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  All this means is that you don't fully understand the mechanics of your own government. Sad really. There are currently 33 Republican governors and 16 Democrat governors, plus one independent—hardly "full" control LOL.

And Republican v. Democrat numbers in Senate; 52-48, and Republican v. Democrat in House of Reps; 241-194. Again, hardly overwhelming control.

BTW, I took it that there were only 94 court judges; one in each Federal district. Is your 104 figure correct?
It's not, LDH is talking out of his ass again. Yes there are 94 Federal District Courts, but they tend to have more than one judge on them, and there are 13 appellate courts at the federal level, not counting the U.S. Supreme Court. There are in fact 860 Article III (of the Constitution) Federal judgeships as of 2015 and 20 Article I Federal judgeships. And before LDH claims that link isn't right and doesn't bother to click it, it's from the official government website of the United States court system.

Now before LDH goes, "But I meant vacant positions that need to be filled, stupid liberals", that would be 114 open judgeships, for which the President has nominated zero people (who under Article III of the Constitution, must be approved by the U.S. Senate and are appointed for lifetime terms or until retirement).

Yes it's obvious what I meant. There are 114 vacant spots. I wrote 104 but meant 114.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-01-2017, 12:13 PM
(29-01-2017 11:58 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 10:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It's not, LDH is talking out of his ass again. Yes there are 94 Federal District Courts, but they tend to have more than one judge on them, and there are 13 appellate courts at the federal level, not counting the U.S. Supreme Court. There are in fact 860 Article III (of the Constitution) Federal judgeships as of 2015 and 20 Article I Federal judgeships. And before LDH claims that link isn't right and doesn't bother to click it, it's from the official government website of the United States court system.

Yes it's obvious what I meant. There are 114 vacant spots. I wrote 104 but meant 114.

Fair enough.

29-01-2017, 02:13 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ste...cil-2017-1

Quote:Trump signed a presidential memorandum Saturday that removed the nation's top military and intelligence advisers as regular attendees of the National Security Council's Principals Committee

There just aren't words for how fucked we are.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
29-01-2017, 02:40 PM
(29-01-2017 02:13 PM)unfogged Wrote:  http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ste...cil-2017-1

Quote:Trump signed a presidential memorandum Saturday that removed the nation's top military and intelligence advisers as regular attendees of the National Security Council's Principals Committee

There just aren't words for how fucked we are.

Why? Because Obama did it that way? Not all presidents did it the Obama way.

They're going back to the days when members came to a meeting when they were needed on a specific subject. So that they don't have to sit on every single meeting repeatedly. This is streamlining and keeps them free to actually be at their job not in pointless meetings.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]