22-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record

Any Clinton supporters who can defend her record? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record
The Fact Checkers are going wild tearing it apart.

But don't take my word for it. Here's Republican, David Gergen.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/trumps-l...us-speech/

Quote:Trump’s latest Clinton attack leaves David Gergen flabbergasted: ‘This was a slanderous speech’

Unfortunately, slander laws do not apply in politics. You have to hope that the voters are not as stupid as the candidate.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
22-06-2016, 01:21 PM
(22-06-2016 01:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The Fact Checkers are going wild tearing it apart.

But don't take my word for it. Here's Republican, David Gergen.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/trumps-l...us-speech/

Quote:Trump’s latest Clinton attack leaves David Gergen flabbergasted: ‘This was a slanderous speech’

Unfortunately, slander laws do not apply in politics. You have to hope that the voters are not as stupid as the candidate.
Why would I take his word for it? David Gergen works for CNN, a news organization owned by one of Clinton's many generous corporate donors. You know, a literal shill.

22-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Can't watch the whole thing right now but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

I am not what you'd call a Clinton fan, but I'm sure this "speech" is full of all manner of unsubstantiated crapola.

Maybe we can make a drinking game out of it whereby you take a drink any time he says, "I'm hearing," or "people are saying," or any of his other standard phrases for passing the buck on his responsibility to have actual sources for his information.
22-06-2016, 01:24 PM
If you want to be a Drumpfuck, be my guest. I'll stick with the real world and not that orange racist baboon.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
22-06-2016, 01:45 PM
(22-06-2016 01:24 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  If you want to be a Drumpfuck, be my guest. I'll stick with the real world and not that orange racist baboon.
Well, I'm sure you'll let me know once you have something more substantial to offer than an opinion piece from CNN. I watched the whole thing earlier today and a lot of his criticisms are based on established facts (e.g. her support for the Iraq War and the intervention in Libya, the speeches she gave to Wall Street banks for hundreds of thousands of dollars that she refuses to release to the public, the 30,000 deleted e-mails, the illegal private e-mail server and her lies about landing under sniper fire).

22-06-2016, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2016 07:48 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Here's the transcript:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/tr...ion-224654

the Mouth That Roared Wrote:But she doesn't have the temperament, or, as Bernie Sanders' said, the judgement, to be president.

Trump criticizing anyone on their temperament ... talk about completely un-self-aware. What a jack-off.

I'll do a deconstruction of the whole thing later, if I feel like it'd be fun. I'm no fan of Clinton's, but she's far and away the better candidate. I hope the race is lopsided enough that I don't have to vote for her -- but if I have to, to help keep Trump away from the Oval Office, I damned sure will. He's not fit to run a village of twenty.
[+] 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-06-2016, 02:03 PM
(22-06-2016 01:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm no fan of Clinton's, but she's far and away the better candidate.

That's too much praise. Let's just say she's the less worse candidate. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
22-06-2016, 02:06 PM
A flaming paper sack of dog doo fits that description!
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-06-2016, 03:04 PM
(22-06-2016 01:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The Fact Checkers are going wild tearing it apart.

"Fact Checking" is often just spin"

(22-06-2016 01:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Unfortunately, slander laws do not apply in politics. You have to hope that the voters are not as stupid as the candidate.

Clinton's behavior looks very-very bad. Trump is right to call her out on it. While the evidence might not be enough to garner a conviction in a criminal trial, that does not mean it isn't of interest in the court of public opinion.

I am not a Trump supporter. He stinks so bad I can't even hold my nose and vote for him. I'm not convinced he is better than Clinton. I probably do not vote this cycle.