Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record
(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  My point about not knowing how to debate, ^^^ proven, because you can't even engage socially [...]
You think I was engaging socially with you in that last post? Do you even know what that word means? You should pick up a couple dictionaries and look it up. Here, let me help you with that: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Asocially

(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  [...] without throwing insults or having a tantrum and your blatant lies are a joke.
There you go again, accusing someone of lying without being specific and without offering so much as a single shred of evidence to support your accusation. The reason why you can't contribute anything to these debates is because you're intellectually vapid. You couldn't form a good argument even if you had all day to do it because you don't even have the first clue about the meaning of the words "soundness" and "validity" in the context of philosophy.

(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Your first mistake is, that I owe you a debate or a defense of my position, I do not. You are not interested in a debate, your interest is in beating people over the head with your big opinions.
I think you meant to say "facts" at the end there. I know, I know, it's hard to tell the difference between the two for someone like you. Do you actually believe that Clinton's many scandals are opinions? God, you're such a dummy. Laugh out load

(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Thump stated he would be interested in a link on a question I asked Girly. If I had a link, I would have offered it.
Thanks for confirming that you don't know how to use Google. I found the story you were talking about in less than five minutes. Maybe the reason you decided not to look it up is because you were afraid that it would turn out to be wrong, which it did.

(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What I had was a question. And for the record, the other people in this thread were not engaging me in any conversation, they were posting to each other. Again, I am not obliged or even expected to jump in and answer criticisms someone posts to someone else, certainly not when it's not directed to me.

You seem to think because I come to the table you have a right to force me to eat what you want. You are wrong. You insult and call me names in nearly every post you put my name in. You have no horse in this race but I don't care that you discuss it however, it just isn't your business and because of that, I also don't give your opinion any weight. That is what galls you.
They were criticising the candidate you plan to vote for, dummy. They repeated criticisms which you previously referred to as "conspiracy theories" and "proven lies" when I brought them up, but you remained silent when they did. Why is that, I wonder?

(23-06-2016 09:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I do not care whether you like me or not. You have poor social skills and cannot engage without histrionics. I will not consent to that.
My social skills are just fine, but thank you for your concern. The many friendships I have formed on TTA over the years are proof enough of that. Again, I'm not the problem here, you are. You're an ignorant and intellectually dishonest person.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2016, 11:51 PM
(23-06-2016 11:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Again, I'm not the problem here, you are. You're an ignorant and intellectually dishonest person.

Oh. And here I thought I was the problem here. Weeping
Seems like anyone that disagrees with this guy is ignorant and dishonest.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Completely misread, ignore.
24-06-2016, 12:07 AM
(23-06-2016 11:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh. And here I thought I was the problem here. Weeping
Seems like anyone that disagrees with this guy is ignorant and dishonest.
Thumpalumpacus disagrees with me and he's neither ignorant nor dishonest. The same thing goes for GirlyMan and BnW. All three of them schooled me on the American justice system in this thread and I had to concede that I was wrong. There goes that little hypothesis of yours. You and Heatheness both appear to be incapable of humbling yourselves like that, almost pathologically so. Much like I demonstrated that I'm ignorant about the US justice system when I asked why an innocent person would ever plead the fifth, you demonstrated that you have no clue about cyber security when you proposed that Clinton may have taken top secret information from the JWICS and put it on her private server with the intention of keeping it in a more secure place.

Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you simply omitted that part of my response in your reply and pretended like it never happened. Come on now, do you really think that's being intellectually honest? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-06-2016, 12:10 AM
*Hugs Bucky to protect him*

There.
24-06-2016, 12:50 AM
(23-06-2016 07:01 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:50 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I wasn't referring to anyone one persons here but all people. each of us has a history and profile of posting. There are also histories of combative animosity between certain posters. All these things go into what and how they speak to each other. It not always just that single convo that is being referenced. That's what I was stating.

And yes and no I was being sarcastic, in as much as I'm quite sure he is your friend but the sarcastic (not aimed at you, btw) part is, why? He's always friendly with passive types, what he can't stand is people with opinions that don't mirror his own.

Ohhh. Fair enough.

Vosur and I have a lot of common interests. ^^

He's fine with people having opinions that don't mirror his. I do know that he's very passionate about politics. He has reasons why he doesn't like a person. If he's convinced that something he thought was actually not true, he'll say so. He doesn't like when he thinks someone is lying. He also doesn't like it when people defend something or someone he thinks is bad.

Also, I dunno. I think I have a better idea of what Vosur is like since I know more about him. He only acts the way he does here because he's so passionate about politics. He also enjoys debating. ^^ He's very caring and silly once you get to know him. Smile

I've knocked heads with him on plenty of occasions, and he is a stubborn cuss. But at the same time he's also shown me that he can rethink himself, which tells me that I should recalibrate my opinion of him. I can respect a man who listens to contrary views, and while it's sometimes hard to get him to that point, I have to say that I've seen him do that a few times now.

I wish he'd give more consideration to the views of others, and I do wonder about a gender mark-off in his thinking. But who's perfect?
24-06-2016, 12:55 AM
(24-06-2016 12:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But who's perfect?

God, according to Christianity.
24-06-2016, 12:56 AM
(24-06-2016 12:55 AM)Foxen Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:50 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But who's perfect?

God, according to Christianity.

Dog, according to me Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-06-2016, 12:59 AM
(24-06-2016 12:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:55 AM)Foxen Wrote:  God, according to Christianity.

Dog, according to me Tongue

Bob.

[Image: bob2_1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-06-2016, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 01:20 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(23-06-2016 09:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Much like Bucky Ball, you revel in a toxic combination of ignorance and arrogance, incapable of learning and self-improvement. How many different people need to criticize Hillary on TTA until you decide to come out of your little safe space to defend your decision to vote for her? You have a reason for not debating me on the subject, but what you don't have is a reason to continuously refuse to engage with criticisms posted by Thumpalumpacus [...]

Knowing her by hours of phone conversations, I am happy to say that Heathen will vociferously debate a view, and do so in a reasonable manner. She doesn't refuse to engage me at all; she speaks her mind in a plain and civil manner.

But I think she has boundaries that she won't permit crossing, and you've crossed them on several occasions in the way you address her, I think. She's more than capable of speaking for herself so I won't go much further -- but "ignorant", or "incapable of learning and self-improvement" do not describe the woman I know, and I can't let such gibes slide by.

(23-06-2016 09:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [...] and when somebody asks you for a source, like Thumpalumpacus did earlier in this thread, you simply retreat to your bubble and refuse to answer them. If you think that's what debating is, then it's no surprise that you think that I don't know how to do it.

If you think I was debating her, you've got a lot to learn about how people interact. I said, exactly, "That'd be an interesting read, got a link?" Not a challenge, not debating, but a simple request for information so that I can add to my own database. If that's what you think debating is, you must have a lot of bad days ... or be surrounded by folks who never ask questions.

You clearly don't understand how we are able to disagree agreeably, but seem instead to attempt to impose your own zero-sum approach to relationships. We don't work that way; we disagree amicably, give each other latitude to think for ourselves, don't badger the other when there is not a perfect overlap of opinion.

I don't appreciate being wielded as a weapon, and will not accede to it. Please do not use me in such a manner again.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post